Thread: [RK1] IRRK Freelance: Doctor attempts suicide

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

[RK1] IRRK Freelance: Doctor attempts suicide

Doctor attempts suicide
    October 13, 29483 - Miss Lucetta Phoenix [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - IRRK Freelance - A young doctor who recently joined Omni-Tek has attempted suicide two times after persistent harassment from her ex and the authorities.

Doctor "Velysia" Keslie, a trusted and talented young doctor, recently joined the corporation along with the others in her organisation. Those who talk with her frequently comment on how kind, caring and gentle she is, compared to the harsh observant silence the other members of her organisation seem to adopt. The exact reasoning for her organisation to join the corporation is still unknown, however this seems to have had considerable negative effects for Doctor Keslie.

I mentioned in a previous article how Doctor Keslie had been in a relationship with an Omni-Tek employee of high standing shortly before she joined the corporation. Recently however this relationship appears to have been struck to a halt, with the distressed doctor frequently calling her ex a "monster". It seems clear to me now that her ex had continued to harass her even after the relationship had ended, and with his standing in the corporation the authorities were more likely to believe his stories than the vulnerable doctor's, forcing her with no alternative but to make an attempt to end her own life.

She was discovered lying on the floor in the toilets at the Rompa Bar after taking an overdose shortly after an argument between her and an Omni-Pol officer. Whether she disabled her insurance or not was unclear, so immediate action still had to be taken. She was quickly given medical attention, and managed to pull through alive although in a very poor condition.

However, another mistake by those around her seems to be apparent, as evidently they sent her home without anyone to watch over her, rather than sending her to Omni-Med. At her home, she made another attempt to end her life, but her neighbours quickly clocked on to her distress and called for help.

The hurt, lonely doctor is now spending her time recovering in a medical facility. For those that contributed in shattering her life to pieces, I hope you will think again about your actions after reading this, and I really hope that those around her will get their acts together and support her.

Life is precious, Doctor Keslie. Don't give up.

Such private feelings are common to us all, and it is a pity that anyone should be harassed to that extent.

Get well soon so we can kill you nicely on the battlefield!
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Sounds like she is trying to blame Omni-Tek for her bad luck with men.
    Who haven't spent a few hours on the toiletfloor or under a table at Rompa?
    Can't expect Omni-Med to rush in everytime someone have had to much Plumbo.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

That's kinda Omni-Med's job. Warm welcome to the corporate family, I suppose.

As a doctor, I have doled out emergency treatment to Omlets (unless I caused the trauma). For example, I have worked with Omnis against the Dust Brigade and Kyr'O. It is part of our code to save lives, not judge who is worthy of saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Sounds like she is trying to blame Omni-Tek for her bad luck with men.
    Who haven't spent a few hours on the toiletfloor or under a table at Rompa?
    Can't expect Omni-Med to rush in everytime someone have had to much Plumbo.

Isn't it ironic that Clanners would be upset to see such a situation happen, even to an Omni, when members of the Corporation don't even seem to care about that happening to one of their own?

Dr. Keslie, if you want to find people who actually care, Omni-Med may not be the best place for you. Or Omni-Tek, for that matter.

Think about it. But don't speak about it, lest Reform gets you: act.

I always blame lasliana

Quote Originally Posted by Tucxedo View Post
    I always blame lasliana
    Indeed you do, even when i have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    Isn't it ironic that Clanners would be upset to see such a situation happen, even to an Omni, when members of the Corporation don't even seem to care about that happening to one of their own?

Dr. Keslie, if you want to find people who actually care, Omni-Med may not be the best place for you. Or Omni-Tek, for that matter.

Think about it. But don't speak about it, lest Reform gets you: act.
    We're not all heartless clones at Omni-med. That said if this woman joined the corporation for the wrong reasons then she has problems, we all know its not really feasable to sever all ties to a side once you join and going over to the clans might well her only way out. Either way i think Dr Keslie has some hard decisions to make in the future.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

it's better to bury yourself in hard work for the corporationn.
    that helps you keep your mind of that guy.
    Remember that reform is also there for you if you still have problems
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

This might sound a little insensitive, but she can't be a very good doctor if she can't even kill herself.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

With all the modern technology, especially the expensive Omni corporate stuff, it is hard to actually permakill yourself. You can hit reclaim a thousand times and just feel more depressed. As a doctor, I know.

I would suggest that Dr. Keslie file for a transfer off of Rubi-Ka to another Omni facility for a while. Time for the good doctor to find a crat. A chance to start new, and get some counseling.