Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 9th, 2009 - Parry and Riposte - Back from the dead!

Quote Originally Posted by styles999 View Post
    ive never heard of a perk attack, so that would mean someone explaining "What" exactly perks are, and where they come from, as they technicaly arent a physical attack
    Perks pretty much work like nukes. They aren't blocked by either attack or special blockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Your hopes are to be crushed and I am quite happy that they will be. Your reasoning is flawed and that is half of why I am not feeling you on this one.
    You think it'd be right to be able to parry 29 bullets fired from 10 metres away? Or hell, even just one? ;P

But sure, sure, let's pretend that realism doesn't matter. I don't think keepers need more defence, decent ones are damn hard or impossible to kill as it is. They need more damage, not godmore :P
    Last edited by Eseb; Oct 9th, 2009 at 19:12:57.
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    It's my birthday !

/me runs outside
    If it is for realz then happy birthday! If yous just kiddin then gtfoutside already!

Quote Originally Posted by Prynxkjui View Post
    How does any of that help a bow user that has no roots or snares I wonder...
    Yidira.

Quote Originally Posted by Eseb View Post
    You think it'd be right to be able to parry 29 bullets fired from 10 metres away? Or hell, even just one? ;P
    If it's good enough for Jedis...

(Lots and lots of correlation between the Force and Nanobots).
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post

(Lots and lots of correlation between the Force and Nanobots).
    Two different means to justify the same end.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Two different means to justify the same end.
    Zomfg!!

Means is THE FORCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Brostalinox View Post
    Zomfg!!

Means is THE FORCE!
    I endorse this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Brostalinox View Post
    Zomfg!!

Means is THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE!

/fixed that up for you dear
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

WTB: Sex Change
    Almadena

Wohoo more melee love! What kind of ****ed up future sci-fi game is this when all you freaking add is melee ****?
    If I want to wield magical staffs, swords and **** I can go play some other mmo.

On another note; the mail system might be useful, I like that.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by wormx View Post
    Wohoo more melee love! What kind of ****ed up future sci-fi game is this when all you freaking add is melee ****?
    If I want to wield magical staffs, swords and **** I can go play some other mmo.

On another note; the mail system might be useful, I like that.

Yes because sci-fi is synonymous with laser guns? Come back when you have a clue bro
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    3 professions that need some attention currently, right?
    Enforcers don't need any attention, they need a solid nerf or two.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

How does any of that help a bow user that has no roots or snares I wonder...
    Shut up, you have mezz pet (that is always high on crack - lost somewhere, it has crappy skills to land its root, its root breaks on attack and pet itself dies if someone sneezes nearby - nerf that swine influenza).

Please give Crats an action like Parry but based on Psychology.
    Gracee e : Blooop e - SPIRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Yes because sci-fi is synonymous with laser guns? Come back when you have a clue bro
    Lol what?
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Parry will work vs. ranged (yes, MAs, you can finally imagine that you're yanking bullets out of thin air with your fingertips) - It's a few thousand years into the future, we figure that people who are advanced enough to use nanobots to completely transform themselves into other creatures can *probably* strengthen a sword/stick/whatever to block a bullet. Riposte, however, will require that the target be within melee range for the attack.
    and people are still using swords....

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56 View Post
    I'd love to have a counter-attack on my NT to replace my bobbing chicken (those things that bob their head up and down infinitely) pressing 2 ever 2 seconds, or is it hard to justify the idea of a ninja-NT that'll evade and nuke you if you try to hit him?
    Based on what I read about Riposte just now and the fact that most NT's do not have anything in either hand (meaning MA weapon equipped) that they should be able to use riposte.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Ever read Dune? Ranged weapons become illogical after a particular point of technological advancement. Personal shielding devices can block any fast moving object. It becomes a task of slowing down an attack just before impact to get past the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracee View Post
    Please give Crats an action like Parry but based on Psychology.
    Oh hell yes. Carrying on with the Star Wars/Force/Nanobots comparison:

*wavey hand* This is not the MR gank you're looking for...

Read/watch Dune and watch Star Wars. Sci Fi and swords.

EDIT: *shakes fist @ Aethyr*
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    Shut up, you have mezz pet (that is always high on crack - lost somewhere, it has crappy skills to land its root, its root breaks on attack and pet itself dies if someone sneezes nearby - nerf that swine influenza).
    If Yidira was as powerful as you describe it, I'd accept the MP prof to be fixed in regards to PvP and PvM

(For those who don't get it, try playing an MP, set fully buffed Yidira on a level 180 toon with reset NR, watch how often it lands its nano and then you are welcome to join in on our little discussion.)
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

If Yidira was as powerful as you describe it, I'd accept the MP prof to be fixed in regards to PvP and PvM

(For those who don't get it, try playing an MP, set fully buffed Yidira on a level 180 toon with reset NR, watch how often it lands its nano and then you are welcome to join in on our little discussion.)
    What's your point? MPs are nerfest? Not all professions have roots outside of 2 grafts.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast