Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 9th, 2009 - Parry and Riposte - Back from the dead!

MA engineer anyone?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Kintaii

It's to my understanding that Parry will now behave as some sort of combination of keeper's normal attack blockers and engineer's special attack blockers. if this does behave as such, then said blockers in conjunction with parry would make some professions almost invincible.
    to provide balance between the two, having said blockers in your NCU should disable parry's ability to perform such task.

also, if parry would block special attacks, I'd like to request that the engineer's 7x TEAM blockers to be removed from the game and have the dust brigade nano reward replaced with a much better pet heal and/or Mech/Turret heal nano.
    the current "top" pet heal is in sufficient to keep people from killing our dogs and an engineer, being best suited for mechanical things, should be able to heal mechs and turrets.

Ima have to agree with that, engi's imo have OP support roles, 7x team blockers are a bit much, though i do insist that the current self blockers not be removed from the class, spec blockers should not be a self refreshing spec avoiding thing (especially with the changes to FA/AS/SA coming up) what would be nice would be a chance to actually get some use from the DB nano other than PVP, i mean its nice to have, but it takes alot from many professions when you remove their specials just by having an engineer in your team

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Parry will work vs. ranged (yes, MAs, you can finally imagine that you're yanking bullets out of thin air with your fingertips) - It's a few thousand years into the future, we figure that people who are advanced enough to use nanobots to completely transform themselves into other creatures can *probably* strengthen a sword/stick/whatever to block a bullet. Riposte, however, will require that the target be within melee range for the attack.
    The trick of parrying a ranged weapon, is not to parry the bullet, but the end of the gun. In the event you dont parry the gun, you dont stand in the bullet path.

But under that rationale that you posted, Kintaii, does this mean we will be seeing full auto shotguns any time soon?? They have them already in modern day, why not in the future?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

What Means should have really done is post a random list of proposed balance changes, all out of context. Then all the whiners would have arthritis by the time a comprehensive list is posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Prynxkjui View Post
    Will parry and riposte work with MP creation melee weapons?

Yes, I want to know if a Zset MP can use parry too, thanks.
    Yes. Is it a melee weapon? You answered your own question because they've said it multiple times in this thread.. you just need a melee weapon equipped to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    We forgot to mention that Parry/Riposte will work based off of the IP spent in their respective skills and will NOT be tied to a "weapons special" in the same sense that Burst/Fling Shot/ect. ect. are. The only requirement to use Parry or Riposte will be that you have a melee weapon (and yes, the MA fists weapons will count) equipped - Whether or not this weapon has "Parry" listed as a special attack will be a moot point, as this is an entirely new system and not tied to the older attempts at making Parry/Riposte work.

So long as you're using a melee weapon, you're good to go with the new attacks. =)
    Izgimmer-modified Cyberdeck

Yay, it's melee! XD
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    Yes. Is it a melee weapon? You answered your own question because they've said it multiple times in this thread.. you just need a melee weapon equipped to use it.
    Well, we don't get to use 2hb damage perk actions because it says 'you must wield a 2hb weapon to execute this'. Creation weapons are at a mean disadvantage with some points. (If they changes this very recently, ignore this comment.)
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

Well, we don't get to use 2hb damage perk actions because it says 'you must wield a 2hb weapon to execute this'. Creation weapons are at a mean disadvantage with some points. (If they changes this very recently, ignore this comment.)
    Well that is because it is 1hb right? At least last I checked both the shield and staff were 1hb allowing you to dual wield them. That would be why you get no options for 2hb. But the fact it is a melee weapon still should enable you as an MP, engi, doc, etc to still get the benefits of this as a melee player.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Pumpkinhead View Post
    So anxious, so eager, so full of vim and vigor.

No worries, young ones - I'll be changing that soon enough... Hehehehehahahahaha!
    Meh.

You're late! We're 1/3 of the way through the month!!

*goes back to camping the forum for pumpkiny goodness*

And don't even think about slaying my post!!!

*dreams of pumpkin muffins*
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrmecha View Post
    Ima have to agree with that, engi's imo have OP support roles, 7x team blockers are a bit much, though i do insist that the current self blockers not be removed from the class, spec blockers should not be a self refreshing spec avoiding thing (especially with the changes to FA/AS/SA coming up) what would be nice would be a chance to actually get some use from the DB nano other than PVP, i mean its nice to have, but it takes alot from many professions when you remove their specials just by having an engineer in your team
    Blockers should be changed to a static number for the entire team. 7 blockers means 7 total blocks, not 7 blocks per person.. but that is just me. That way it doesn't nerf a solo engi but does effect how having an engi in the team changes a battle.

Well that is because it is 1hb right? At least last I checked both the shield and staff were 1hb allowing you to dual wield them. That would be why you get no options for 2hb. But the fact it is a melee weapon still should enable you as an MP, engi, doc, etc to still get the benefits of this as a melee player.
    There are 1hb and 2hb creation weapon. Last time I checked no 1/2hb perks ever worked on any of them. But I have to admit, the last time I tested this was aeons ago.

(EDIT: Just to clarify there are 1hb staffs and 1hb shields as well as 2hb staffs and a 2hb shield.)
    Prynxkjui 220 NM MP / Prynjunior 220 Soli Doc

There are 1hb and 2hb creation weapon. Last time I checked no 1/2hb perks ever worked on any of them. But I have to admit, the last time I tested this was aeons ago.

(EDIT: Just to clarify there are 1hb staffs and 1hb shields as well as 2hb staffs and a 2hb shield.)
    Nope, they dont work.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    The trick of parrying a ranged weapon, is not to parry the bullet, but the end of the gun. In the event you dont parry the gun, you dont stand in the bullet path.

But under that rationale that you posted, Kintaii, does this mean we will be seeing full auto shotguns any time soon?? They have them already in modern day, why not in the future?
    Sort of like the OT Backup Pundit, Very Nice MTI SO1210 and Galahad Inc. 055 Police Lobster?

But without the other stats and some decent damage? :P

As for my thoughts on the parry/riposte being fixed, its a good thing it just needs fine balancing and maybe something shiny for range users (like perhaps roots and snares that are worth using)

Gee Means, thanks. Thanks for giving support professions the shaft, again.

Enivejs... Parry dis.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    MA engineer anyone?
    Not really. if parry stacks with blockers against my suggestion;
    then such an engineer's use would only be that of a defensive support role for ninja'ing cap points in BS, and MAYBE a hard-to-kill warp taxi for towers, but warp taxi's usually cast that really long nano in safe zones anyhow.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

nope, he doen't answered his question.

the staff is also a melee weapon, and a mp cant use the melee-perks from ai line :-p

i ll also wanna know the answer for his question, and additional, why mp cant use melee-perks with melee-weapon (staff from dust quest) equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    Gee Means, thanks. Thanks for giving support professions the shaft, again.

Enivejs... Parry dis.
    That was AS pistol
    i R not spik engrish

OMG, Means!!! I lub jooooo!!!!!!!!!!

looking forward to all the progress, keep it up
    Styles9999<220/21/50 MA-Main-
    Proud member of Obsidian Order!
    All accounts closed as of 04-28-10

Was hoping for something a little more interesting this week...
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by SSK View Post
    That was AS pistol
    If we get working roots for all support professions, and if we get ability to root someone and go behind him to do this, with him not being able to hit once he's rooted like that (like in AoC) yes, I'm in for parry/riposte shizzle.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast