Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - October 9th, 2009 - Parry and Riposte - Back from the dead!

First!

(crap, to fast )
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Catgirls are, or were, on test already, go check them out :-P
    Wait... they added a catgirl costume? cause that would be awesome beyond.... awesome, anime ftw!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    First!

(crap, to fast )
    Can I has yer GF's phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Wait... they added a catgirl costume? cause that would be awesome beyond.... awesome, anime ftw!
    I believe that's pretty much what I said yes, though I haven't been there for a couple of days so I'm not sure if they're still there, however there were half a dozen catgirl NPC's hanging around ICC recently.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

I'm sharpening my pitchfork right now ... in preparation for Oct 16th FwM.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I'm sharpening my pitchfork right now ... in preparation for Oct 16th FwM.
    There's a new forum section now for discussing the upcoming profession changes

Something tells me that forum section will explode.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    There's a new forum section now for discussing the upcoming profession changes

Something tells me that forum section will explode.
    Shhhhhhhhhh.....
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhh.....
    Arf sorry! >.<
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhh.....
    Mods should probably get a raise.

Or counselling...
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

I think the AO team killed each other while fighting over new PVP balancing...
    Aspirant of the Means Cult(tm)
    ---------------------------------------
    Bug Busters (Rk2)
    now Froob RK1

Quote Originally Posted by ninor View Post
    I think the AO team killed each other while fighting over new PVP balancing...
    Yep and now the players are queuing up to stomp on the remains!

Means must have testicles the size of basket balls.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Means and Co. Must be seeing these new posts and imagining us all like Pavlov's dogs that haven't been fed in a whole week going ravenous at the sound of a bell.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    I'm glad you liked testlive (did you go after I asked you if you have been on test? :P)
    About having a chat with developers, many of them hang around on test and unless you start to annoy them with stuff, they don't bite.. and they know how to use chat
    Yes you reminded me to go there and it was very different from the days of Znore
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I believe that's pretty much what I said yes, though I haven't been there for a couple of days so I'm not sure if they're still there, however there were half a dozen catgirl NPC's hanging around ICC recently.
    Screenshots plz!!!!!!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Parry will work vs. ranged
    More exclusive melee love, just what all those evade profs need.

Question

Just to be clear will parry be usable with a bare hand MA? As "(and having a martial arts/melee weapon equipped) " confuses me a tad. Does the OP mean (and having a "martial arts"/"melee weapon" equipped) OR (and having a "martial arts"/"melee" weapon equipped).

Quote Originally Posted by mrkline View Post
    Just to be clear will parry be usable with a bare hand MA? As "(and having a martial arts/melee weapon equipped) " confuses me a tad. Does the OP mean (and having a "martial arts"/"melee weapon" equipped) OR (and having a "martial arts"/"melee" weapon equipped).
    MA is included.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    MA is included.
    What I mean is will the use of parry need the use of a weapon or could a weapon-less MA use parry with his bare handed attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by mrkline View Post
    What I mean is will the use of parry need the use of a weapon or could a weapon-less MA use parry with his bare handed attacks?
    And that is what the answer meant. It was answered already earlier in the thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by JampeSL View Post
    And that is what the answer meant. It was answered already earlier in the thread too.

This.

But, to clear up any confusion (and hopefully not confuse the masses while I'm at it!) here's a more detailed explanation.

Whenever you do not have an item equipped in your hands, the game uses your Martial Arts skill to determine what QL of a "Martial Arts weapon" you actually use should you choose to fight something. That way you can "fight unarmed" instead of using a rifle/pistol/whatever.

The main difference between Martial Artists and everyone else is that MA's use a better set of "MA Weapons" than everyone else. I forget exactly how the progression goes from best to worst, but MA's are at the top of the list when it comes to "MA Weapon" usage. I think Chronita's guide described it best.

So, if you were to do some digging through any of the database dump websites out there, check out melee and martial arts weapons. Check for the "Parry" and "Is Parriable/Can Be Parried" flags. These will be your clues that Parry skills will apply.

If I misspoke about any of this, please feel free to correct me. My leet theory-crafting skills are a little rusty for AO.
    Last edited by Ulltima; Oct 17th, 2009 at 23:56:01.
    Yep. I'm back.
    Ph43r.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast