Thread: Lag in Grid = unbearable...

Lag in Grid = unbearable...

I'm experiencing horrible lag within the grid in RK2... It's worse than the ones in BS or Tir... Anyone else is getting that? :/

Yes, sometimes during peaktimes i can hang in grid for minuttes. I have found out that going in to 1st person view actually makes it a little better. Funny how the grid can lag, there are no graphics in there what so ever to be drawn

Doh! I lag in the Grid too (RK-1 here, so it's not necessarily a big surprise... . Everything's fine as long as I play at my odd European hours, but as soon as I hit, hmm, aproximatively 5-7 pm GMT, all of a sudden the world seems to be filled with LAG, and the Grid isn't an exception.

Of course the Rift is clear of lag, but that's normal.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I also lag in the grid (RK1). There's some lag almost always and quite horrible lag on (US) peak hours and most all of the weekends. I can sit on top of a grid exit for minutes at worst (well, haven't timed that, so let's say several tens of seconds) before I zone. Lifts act funny when I first run over one, wait, wait, decide it did not notice me and go back, wait, wait, wait... Then I'm taken upstairs and a moment later when I'm well on my way to an exit point, suddenly I'm once again taken up by the second attempt at using the lift... I can also jump over a grid exit, run around, fall from the 2nd floor and then zone out right where I wanted.

Travelling is much easier using first person mode as someone already posted.

All this has more to do with my slow computer than my connection or the grid itself being laggy, though. Another player usually shares the same connection at the same time and has no such trouble in the grid because of a noticeably faster computer. I have extreme lag and/or frame rate problems in all large indoors playfields like a static dungeon (froze completely inside the one in LR), Baboons Night Club and even the trade department of an Omni shop... Normal grid perhaps shares some qualities with those places.
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light

hmm, I have actually never lagged in grid...except that it sometimes take afew sec before I can zone out in BS or Tir, but never when I'm just sliding around (or whatever a triangle do) inside grid
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

I never lag unless my ISP lag (in grid that is)

From my own experiences and the posts above it would indeed seem that grid lag is caused by slower hardware being less capable of handling something that is present in the grid... And that something is probably connected with the number of characters present in the grid... I would like to know if you who do have the grid lag think your computer might fit this theory... And you who have no lag, you do have a rather decent computer, don't you?

My trouble most probably lies in this: Celeron 300MHz processor plus Voodoo3 graphics card...

I always use first person mode and disable the map in grid. It helps somewhat.
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light