Thread: Patch on update page please.

Patch on update page please.

Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Bless you. I'll do it when I get home!
    Dogeared: their fix will probably eliminate the 'sploit that allows you to pass through ''doors'' from one playfield to another. <-- zomg, she was right!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    Thanks Eponyx. What would we do without ya
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Thanks Eponyx. What would we do without ya
    Problaby just fine

Impossible to patch on linux even using the old patcher (see tech help) or this .exe

ETA on having a full client up-to-date?

AO does not support Linux official so i would asume this is a low priotiry, if it will be done at all.

Anyway, made it works on Linux, but whats rename.ini file? (and it was this one not patching good in my case with corrects md5, using autopatch, direct download of the patch, or the .exe from this thread)

Its the last file [ADD] from most patch (found some w/o)

I found some very old thread about problem with this file on update (not only linux)
    I Used the trick written by someone (editing version.id...) and its good.

But before that, I played with creating a file "Rename.ini".
    Its deleted after loading the launcher, and if I create it after the launch it cause a message when you hit "update" saying:
    "Anarchy.exe did not complete its operation last time you ran it.
    You have to run it again so it can finish patching [.click eula blabla.. ]
    Note: if you choose cancel you installation might become corrupt!

Funny?

Tamalou, could you post a link to that old thread which helped you solve your problem (no, you're not the only linux user out there )
    Thanks in advance

nevermind, got it
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=561527
    Last edited by one; Oct 1st, 2009 at 10:43:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamalou View Post
    Impossible to patch on linux even using the old patcher (see tech help) or this .exe

ETA on having a full client up-to-date?
    Old patcher is bad. Not compatible with the new C-tree database, which means you're going to run into errors when it exceeds that "certain value" that was the reason to upgrade the DB in the first place.

Reinstall AO using this guide and things should work fine again. It enables you to use the new patcher in Wine. At least, it worked for me on two different Linux installations.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Pretty lame that we're expected to go to an AoC webpage to find patches for AO.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Pretty lame that we're expected to go to an AoC webpage to find patches for AO.
    Actualy that's where all exe patches are found and have been for a while.

Also if you look for the latest exe patch you can find it here http://l3cdn.ageofconan.com/patches/...18.2.1_EP1.exe

Actualy that's where all exe patches are found and have been for a while.

Also if you look for the latest exe patch you can find it here http://l3cdn.ageofconan.com/patches/...18.2.1_EP1.exe
    I think you missed my point.

Saying "that's how it's been for awhile" doesn't make it any less dumb that our Anarchy Online patches are on an Age of Conan site.
    Last edited by Autohead; Oct 1st, 2009 at 17:38:33.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    I think you missed my point.

Saying "that's how it's been for awhile" doesn't make it any less dumb that our Anarchy Online patches are on an Age of Conan site.
    I believe the reasoning would be something along the line that when FC singed whit their current provider to host AoC they then moved everything to their server farm excluding the server that was running AO, most likely to save money and the better bandwidth.

Of course now they do host AO at the same provider also but it does not seem cost effective to move the patches to another "virtual" or physical server that look like www.anarchy-online.com/patches/ instead of just having it where they are already.

It's all about money not where you download it from, for moste people just geting the file is what is important not where it comes from.

Patches are also on the FTP

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

The 18.1.1 installer isn't even on the FTP...lolwut?
    Because Race Yalm

This is a "list" of the latest latge clients downloads (installer + exe-files) that you might need if you for some reason need to reinstall your client.

The 18.1.1 installer

This exe-patch does not exsist for 18.1.1_EP1 -> 18.1.2_EP1, the files can be downloaded from http://tx3-multi.funcom.com/c/v18.1.1_EP1-v18.1.2_EP1/ and put in the AO patch directory and then run the game.
    The 18.1.2_EP1 -> 18.1.3_EP1 patch

The 18.1.3_EP1 -> 18.2.0_EP1 patch
    The 18.2.0_EP1 -> 18.2.1_EP1 patch
    Last edited by Eponyx; Oct 5th, 2009 at 23:44:43.