Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Friday with Means - September 25th, 2009 - Incoming

Catgirl suit...hmmm...Hope FunCom knows where DC Comics draws the line...

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Catgirls?
    Did means say "catgirls"?
    Im pretty sure he said "catgirls"....
    Yes, i am absolutely positively sure means infact did say "catgirls"...

*blinks*

Mew! ^__^
    Actually what he said was, "OMG Catgurlz" just to be clear.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    Actually what he said was, "OMG Catgurlz" just to be clear.
    Its all good! ^_^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Let it be leather or pvc...

Please....
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I seem to recall reading about one being browser based and written in Java, I believe it was looking through job opportunities on Funcoms site.
    I really hope Funcom doesn't go down the same path as gameforge or others companies who advertise their browser game as free. While adding in virtual money. Money you can buy with a creditcard, mobilephones etc. Virtual money that can be used to buy items, get advantages or improve the game by cutting waiting times down between stuff you can do. Example while you have to wait 30min between something you do, they add in a button next to the timer counting down. If you press it, you use virtual money and it removed the waiting, but you still have to wait 30 minutes next round.

With a total lack of age check on sms msg sendt by mobilephones, these games makes me sick when i think about all the exploited small children who has access to mobile phones. Fooled in the beginning by the ads claiming it to be free, but when they are hooked on the game..

Worst example of exploiting children with mobilephones is the game called Go Supermodel. Its the same stuff, advertised as free, but it also has virtual money. The game is aimed at young girls down to the age of 8 or less. In the game you buy clothes and dress a supermodel. You also have a wardrobe to store all your clothes in. But the company behind the game removes old clothes from the game that has gone out of fashion. Clothes children paid rl money for, forcing people to buy new clothes and the owners blame it on the size limitations of their database. Owners behind the game earns 1.3 million dollars per year from the 250 tousand users in Norway alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuglskremsel View Post
    I really hope Funcom doesn't go down the same path as gameforge or others companies who advertise their browser game as free. While adding in virtual money. Money you can buy with a creditcard, mobilephones etc. Virtual money that can be used to buy items, get advantages or improve the game by cutting waiting times down between stuff you can do. Example while you have to wait 30min between something you do, they add in a button next to the timer counting down. If you press it, you use virtual money and it removed the waiting, but you still have to wait 30 minutes next round.

With a total lack of age check on sms msg sendt by mobilephones, these games makes me sick when i think about all the exploited small children who has access to mobile phones. Fooled in the beginning by the ads claiming it to be free, but when they are hooked on the game..

Worst example of exploiting children with mobilephones is the game called Go Supermodel. Its the same stuff, advertised as free, but it also has virtual money. The game is aimed at young girls down to the age of 8 or less. In the game you buy clothes and dress a supermodel. You also have a wardrobe to store all your clothes in. But the company behind the game removes old clothes from the game that has gone out of fashion. Clothes children paid rl money for, forcing people to buy new clothes and the owners blame it on the size limitations of their database. Owners behind the game earns 1.3 million dollars per year from the 250 tousand users in Norway alone.
    I wish I were that smart.

hearing about things like this make me wanna hurl. i guess once a business practice becomes accepted, it is no longer deemed an exploit. (maybe thats the wrong word, i dunno)
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Which is why you don't give small children cell phones.

I have a small question....when are the rest of the OFAB shoulder pads coming out? Or should we just forget about them?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    Catgirl suit...hmmm...Hope FunCom knows where DC Comics draws the line...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhEq5MYZ5Mw <-catgirls. Not Catgirl.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Dear god no. If you go for a catgirl thing then at LEAST make it more like fetish petgirls or whatever. Anime gives me a horrible rash. Anime catgirls make my skin bubble and melt off.
    (half of those pictures didn't even feature any catgirls, wtf?)

And bump for Ofab Fixer shoulderpads, and refitting the backitem mesh so it fits skinny Soli females (the one for skinny opifexes should work just fine??) and has room for shoulderpads. At the moment it covers the shoulders so it's pretty much unwearable with Alappaa pads, looks fugly. I've even made a thread about the badly fitting meshes. Since you're making all the new armours for the new instance, couldn't you guys also take a moment to look at the big glaring flaws in existing ones?
    Last edited by Mirura; Oct 2nd, 2009 at 09:10:29.

Whishlist for Friday with Means - October 2nd, 2009:
    1. Update on new engine progress now that AO compiles on the right Visual Studio
    2. Some kind of info on what is planed for low level new players and froob island.
    3. Update on mail system.
    Aspirant of the Means Cult(tm)
    ---------------------------------------
    Bug Busters (Rk2)
    now Froob RK1

more info on the engine(eta?) next time plz
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

gots some questions too

1. how bout the professionals? Uaint seems to have gone missing too, so engis have nobody left to torture.
    2. how's the engine coming along? (not really asking an ETA, just want to know how it's going )
    3. what are the devs working on atm in the engine? (purely out of curiousity )
    4. beer, waffles or icecream?

Greetings,

Ellarisa
    Darkellarisa 220/30/70 Engineer equipment pvp // Alien Deaths: 353
    Crazyella 220/30/70 MP equipment // Alien Deaths: 90
    Stabbingella 220/28/67 Shade equipment // Alien Deaths: 45
    Farming alien deaths since 2006!

Quote Originally Posted by Solidstriker View Post
    And Ella said, "Let there be robots," and there were robots. Ella saw that the robots were good, and he separated the light from the dark. Ella called the light "Slayerdroids," and the dark he called "Gladiatorbots." And there was Automations, and there was Warmachines- the second day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirura View Post
    Dear god no. If you go for a catgirl thing then at LEAST make it more like fetish petgirls or whatever. Anime gives me a horrible rash. Anime catgirls make my skin bubble and melt off.
    (half of those pictures didn't even feature any catgirls, wtf?)
    The only mainstream catgirls are animé catgirls. Similar western mainstream would be bunny girls, but we already have a bunnygirl outfit.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Time to say goodbye ?
    How did you think do we get players on DNW if even no german knows about this games ? This is so senseless i just can make a secon acc for free and be my own sponsor i dont see a vision in this stupid program. How should that help us?

3 Months are over and then you say something like this? You said big things but then you try to roll our server away with this stupid way to say: Sorry but we dont care anymore about you.

God you are suche a ...

My 0 Cents

Sugge

No no no to Egina... eBoobs pls!
    Hi, I'm a Ocean - and I'm an AOholic.

Level 220/20 Adventurer - RK 2
    Level 220/23 Doctor - RK 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aycayia View Post
    No no no to Egina... eBoobs pls!
    That grow with solo PvP count? THAT'S COOL
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

i reall think a diaper+baby bottle costume would be awesome

its would be a cool way for fc to make fun of the whiners
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567