Thread: Implant building question

Implant building question

say i have a QL 80 left wrist implant, and add a QL 80 shining Akimbo style cluster. It gives a 45 multi-range skill increase, but requires 164 psychic secondary skill to equip. However, if I add a bright sprinting cluster to it, the secondary skill changes to 164 agility.

The question is- I only need the implant for the multi-range skill, so does the bright sprinting cluster need to be around QL 80 as well, or can i buy the cheapest workable bright sprinting cluster(just to get the secondary requirement to switch to agility). Will it affect the +45 to multi-range at all? thanks

you can buy any cluster that will work with that implant, can be lower or higher and it will still change the base abilities needed to wear it. I suggest you use nanonanny to prepare things like this before you build your implants. you can get a copy of the latest verions HERE.

I agree

Howdy,

Only been playing for about 4 weeks and I after some resistance got NanoNanny...wish I had sooner!

CLuster QL rules are as follows:
    • Shining clusters need to be at least 86% of the QL of the implant, rounding up.
    • Bright clusters need to be 84% the QL.
    • Faded clusters need only be 82% the QL.
    Accordingly, you should be able to use a QL68 bright cluster in a QL80 implant. If you want to be sure, buy a really low QL cluster (something like a QL4) and try to combine it. The System will tell you the minimum QL needed.

Cheers,

~R~

I have another interesting question:

If I were to combine a QL 186 shining cluster giving +90 bonus with a QL 200 implant, will I raise the skill bonus equal to a QL 200 cluster after combining (which is +105)? I am curious because I am about to make a set of QL 200 implants and didn't want to buy too low QL of a cluster if its not going to give me the maximum bonuses.

Thanks!
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!

yes it will be equal to that of a ql200 nanocluster. all implants the same ql with the same clusters, will have the same adds.

Smile

Thanks Svpernaut !!
    Main Khaitlene - Omni Keeper - RK1
    Khaitlsmule - Omni Engie - RK1
    Galaxia - Retired NT - RIP

Proud Member of the Obsidian Order. We're recruiting!