Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 11th, 2009 - Video Q&A, Sceenies and Info-Nuggets

an AI- greeter would be a nice thing maybe...

Or just le me into the ARKs and I'll do it when I got time x]
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Gardening Team

Please tell me that was a joke! We have the same mobs from day one and someone is redoing the bushes?

/Facepalm
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.
    New content does not have to make old content obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkydkhick View Post
    Please tell me that was a joke! We have the same mobs from day one and someone is redoing the bushes?

/Facepalm
    That was a reference to the original Shadowlands expansion
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

I'm going to get shouted at for this, but I'm not keen on the new Soli heads...

This one is lovely and crisp, but it makes her look a little supprised! lol.
    She seems to be trying to squint whilst someone is holding her eyebrows up...!

This one is fine (if a little cross eyed), but the tattoo looks like she's stuck bits of paper on herself to see how it would look...!
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    I remember when I first played AO, in the backyard area, there was a greeter who answered my questions. I know the ARK page says this is the first role of a new ARK, yet I havn't seen anybody do this since I first played. So maybe they're not spending much time on that part. To me, that seems like it would be kinda fun- so I don't know why.
    The Greeters and Assistant Advisors still do this. Being a Greeter is required for the first step of training, and the Assistant Advisors do it while in training to become Advisors. I know they do their best to keep the greet queue knocked fairly down, since there's not a lot of other ARK work they are qualified to do.

You're just not seeing them when they do it, for whatever reason.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

no real questions just few remarks :

- nice relifts of the faces ! hope the bodies will also gain sexyness

- i totally agree on the learning curve to avoid loose thousands people everyday ; cause what AO need 1st is "fresh blood". after that rebalance, new engine, recoding, new content and adv campaign might happen.

- around the suject of preventing people to "skip" large game areas you may include scheol geometry full recheck : too many blakckholes there, when no movement nor sit & stuck are possible. that and the XP possibility make the people directly go from ely > ado (hex hex hex)

- about the Battlestation emptyness, several posters on this forum proposed that the side would be different outside (clan, omni, neut) and randomly choosed inside (blue/red). that might break the background a little, and make some ppl whine about being of a different side than their usual mates, but in the end the benefit might be richer experience for all ?

- oh finally that reminds me i got a question i'm still waiting some official answer around the NW org swapping rules (allowed or not / what frequency, etc ...). for now active warriors have only "guessed" an overall policy from GM decisions so far ... i've sent a support mail in july still nothing ...

thanx0r - cyaZ
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    You're just not seeing them when they do it, for whatever reason.
    Well I don't create new toons all that often, and when I do I pretty much know the routine so maybe I just don't attract the greeters attention. It's good to know the program is still going on.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

QUESTION:

the new booster with the new instance(s) is gonna be standalone or LoX based? Or if standalone is it going to be free of charge?
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by blix01 View Post
    Well I don't create new toons all that often, and when I do I pretty much know the routine so maybe I just don't attract the greeters attention. It's good to know the program is still going on.
    The greet queue picks up new toons from new accounts. It won't toss you back into the queue if you go and make a new toon on your account you've been playing on for three years or whatever. So unless you've started an entirely new account, you're unlikely to catch the attention of a Greeter.

That being said, we do catch the rare individual who slips through the nets until they're a relatively advanced player. My personal record was greeting someone who was about level 140 I think, and I know some who have pulled higher ones. That's always an amusing greet.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    The greet queue picks up new toons from new accounts. It won't toss you back into the queue if you go and make a new toon on your account you've been playing on for three years or whatever. So unless you've started an entirely new account, you're unlikely to catch the attention of a Greeter.

That being said, we do catch the rare individual who slips through the nets until they're a relatively advanced player. My personal record was greeting someone who was about level 140 I think, and I know some who have pulled higher ones. That's always an amusing greet.
    I have 2x 220 Toons and never seen a Greeter who greeted me, Going to be fun when one eventually shows up
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I have 2x 220 Toons and never seen a Greeter who greeted me, Going to be fun when one eventually shows up
    They may have asked for creds and you shut them down. Think it happened to me once...
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

There is a block of players who have never been greeted. And at this late date, are probably unlikely to be. I do not know if it has to do with when they started, or the very large amount of greets that were common at the time. The ins and outs of how that works exactly are a bit over my head and my paygrade.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by glitterdust View Post
    They may have asked for creds and you shut them down. Think it happened to me once...
    Terribly unlikely. The Greeters frequently get ASKED for credits. And buffs. And to team. And "why aren't you healing me?" And out on an occasional date. (Not that that's ever happened to me, or anything....) But they certainly do not ask players for credits.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Back when I started we would get mass greetings at rome blue since there wew so many new players.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Means has a nice sense of humor.
    You go rockstar!

-------
    Kimbeam, anamolly, ninaperson.

pyow.

-------

I greet new players all the time. But unlike ARK, I actually get to show them guides, give them items, and a few creds for things like their first set of implants. It's actually a pretty cool thing to do every now and then.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Means: Are you wearing 2 watches?
    214/20 Adv - Entventurer
    217+ Engi - Entity206
    220/20 Doc - Entagain
    220 Shade - Reali
    Orgless & Stripped.
    Awesome tradeskillers.

Means, In the videos you mentioned bugs, issues etc... that players have been aware of for a long time but you guys don't know about. This jogged my memories of starting a new character.

When you first arrive at dewbie-isle, windows, stat bars etc... are all open. Any changes made to the GUI at this point are erased when you log in the next time. after your second log out, the GUI settings are saved from then on, unless of course one were to manually reset them.

I know im not alone on this, but just curious if it is a global issue, or just an issue with some people. for me its not a big deal. i normally create a character, log off, log back in and then at this point I adjust my interface as I like it, log off again to save the settings, and log on a third time to continue with the game. but, for a new player to the game, this might seem a little odd and low-budget to have the UI change on the second log in.

I dont recall having this happen when i first started playing 5 years ago, but sometime between then and now I noticed it.

edit: -- not sure if this issue is still around, haven't started a new character recently--
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Same. Never been greeted at all. Although I didn't need it, because I had an awesome higher level doing the greeters job. ^.^
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

QUESTION: in the video you mention the problem of people skipping over zones because the XP is not up to par. How long does it take to tweak a few XP #s? (insert some generic answer about the code being a mess) I still believe ALL the mobs should be brought up to heckler XP level so people actually see more of the game than the brink and the inside of instanced inferno missions. The grind is stale and it sucks, fix it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast