Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 11th, 2009 - Video Q&A, Sceenies and Info-Nuggets

To put it bluntly: it's not like you and that makes it su****ious. If I were to be suddenly start agreeing with you on absolutely everything would you not be su****ious of my motives?

So excuse me while I retain a healthy skepticism about your apology.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    To put it bluntly: it's not like you and that makes it su****ious. If I were to be suddenly start agreeing with you on absolutely everything would you not be su****ious of my motives?

So excuse me while I retain a healthy skepticism about your apology.
    People don't just apologize in these damn troll boards. I take such an action quite seriously. I made an error and I apologized for it. I honestly misread it. It was nestled in between some rather condescending sentences so at this weird hour of the morning I simply saw what I expected to be there the inversion of the text on the line. I made a mistake and said I was sorry for that. I do not base my arguments on deception. I base them on things I can back by fact or know there is no contradicting fact to undermine them. I don't agree with the trolls here but I am not a hater.

Edit: You focused on that one sentence and used it as an excuse to avoid the rest of the post that is how I interpreted your post. You may correct me if I am wrong by not dodging it as a result.

And to be honest if you suddenly started agreeing with me, I'd hope that you finally got past your pride long enough to accept that the other person might actually be right. You know that is possible right? If proven wrong I can admit being beaten. Can you?
    Last edited by Aethyrguard; Sep 18th, 2009 at 09:48:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    People don't just apologize in these damn troll boards.
    Exactly, why do you expect me to then believe you're apology?

And if you want me to respond to your points and posts seriously you have to do the same for mine. And please don't try to act as if you have.
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor

Just forget it Aethyr... Ayria will look for any reason to argue with someone on the forums. Forget under the bridge, there's more troll in her post count than a medieval dungeon.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Gief MOAR PERV in ao plx!

____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Exactly, why do you expect me to then believe you're apology?

And if you want me to respond to your points and posts seriously you have to do the same for mine. And please don't try to act as if you have.
    Because people don't apologize on these troll boards. That is why. If someone does maybe you should stop and think for a moment that perhaps you are talking to a person who cares not someone who just trolls for fun.

I have answered all questions you raised. Mind you I have lost my patience with you after so many months of you incessantly trolling me for no good reason, taking opposition to any side of the argument I am on. I swear I honestly believe that if you shared the same opinion as me in a thread and I had already posted in it you'd simply not post in it at all rather than agree with me. Where as if you posted something I agreed with. I would bump your post. I approach each topic with a fresh perspective. It is only after someone has in that particular thread posted something contrary to my belief on the topic being discussed that I will post as such.

As I said before. I have even bumped your game suggestions when they are good ones. Because I just do not care to hold a grudge. I do however find it rather annoying to go back and forth with you page after page knowing damn good and well you read maybe 3 words out of my post and then hit reply cut all but 1 sentence maybe two, address them totally out of context and most often pick the weakest or most unimportant statement from the entire response from which to base your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    Just forget it Aethyr... Ayria will look for any reason to argue with someone on the forums. Forget under the bridge, there's more troll in her post count than a medieval dungeon.
    Sadly, Ayria has a merit of talent to their ideas. If they could get over a few things I think them someone that could be salvageable. I don't post in response to people I find completely stupid. Hell I don't even post in most threads that are in that direction. So I am the kind of person that keeps hoping they will move on past the troll phase. Ayria frustrates me because of this.

PS love the way you worded that lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Solstiare View Post
    Gief MOAR PERV in ao plx!

hahah <3 thanks needed that!
    Last edited by Aethyrguard; Sep 18th, 2009 at 09:59:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae View Post
    Well what else is there to do?

Here's a little test. If you respond to me, are you any better then me just looking to argue?
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Here's a little test. If you respond to me, are you any better then me just looking to argue?
    Perhaps someone who was reading this and decided that it was frustrating to watch you go round and round seeing how I have been trying to "reason" with you. I could give a rats ass about winning a debate. But I know from your posting record that that is all you care about. Winning at any cost. Not finding the truth of any matter even if it means not winning.

Well I am responding, but not to argue. Just to say that I'm not trying to offend anyone, it's just that the majority of the posts you make seem to incite long, drudging debates, with the party opposite of you in a frenzy. I was hoping that with my comment perhaps the discussion would see an end and maybe I could expect to read something fun or informative soon. I suppose there is always 'unsubscribe'. Anyhow, you guys have fun. I am going to bed!
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read, or who said it, even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
    -Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Phuriae
    Well I am responding, but not to argue. Just to say that I'm not trying to offend anyone, it's just that the majority of the posts you make seem to incite long, drudging debates, with the party opposite of you in a frenzy. I was hoping that with my comment perhaps the discussion would see an end and maybe I could expect to read something fun or informative soon. I suppose there is always 'unsubscribe'. Anyhow, you guys have fun. I am going to bed!
    It's not really Ayria's fault, it's xaun's oversensitivity. Since the summer of '08, when his org lost a TL2 field to a gang of neuts (which they didn't even bother defending), any one-liner about neut getting any kind of boost triggers his need to spew his neut hate. That's all there is to it, an antineut crusader with a wall of text as a weapon.
    Last edited by drops; Sep 18th, 2009 at 10:29:15.

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    It's not really Ayria's fault, it's xaun's oversensitivity. Since the summer of '08, when his org lost a TL2 field to a gang of neuts (which they didn't even bother defending), any one-liner about neut getting any kind of boost triggers his need to spew his neut hate. That's all there is to it, an antineut crusader with a wall of text as a weapon.
    The above post is an example of the type of idiotic nonsense not worth responding to. This person is so lost in a fantasy world they think I am someone else, think the person they are referring too actually gave a **** about losing a TL2 base (LOL) and has some bone to pick with an entire faction as the result of a single twink coming out at like 5am on a sunday morning to attack my orgs towers (which they promptly lost the following afternoon). This person cannot get it through their head that I have had this stance on Neutrals for going on 8-9 years now. But since they are new to the game and the forums and a pvp minded trolling neutral all they see is some fantasy land nonsense. The only reason I even bother quoting it and posting this is as an example of who/what I ignore on these boards typically. Ayria is most certainly not in this persons league of failure. There is hope for Ayria, (I think).

Keep it on guys, i appreciate the feedback and constructive criticism.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Because people don't apologize on these troll boards. That is why. If someone does maybe you should stop and think for a moment that perhaps you are talking to a person who cares not someone who just trolls for fun.
    I'm a cynic, I expect the worst from people and am most often right in my expectations. Thus I am naturally skeptical of things that deviate from the normal pattern of sociological behavior.

I have answered all questions you raised. Mind you I have lost my patience with you after so many months of you incessantly trolling me for no good reason, taking opposition to any side of the argument I am on. I swear I honestly believe that if you shared the same opinion as me in a thread and I had already posted in it you'd simply not post in it at all rather than agree with me. Where as if you posted something I agreed with. I would bump your post. I approach each topic with a fresh perspective. It is only after someone has in that particular thread posted something contrary to my belief on the topic being discussed that I will post as such.
    Reverse the perspective and you'll see that I'm tired of you incessantly trolling me too. Look into my history and you'll see that I've been dealing with trolls a very long time on this forum and I am quick to resort to being a troll myself now to deal with them. I've made some good suggestions in the past (and some bad ones I know) that got trolled to oblivion for no other reason then because someone didn't personally like it. I've had good ideas locked away in threads that I can no longer repost (due to it being locked material).

Xaun herself was one of these people; which is probably bad for you because with your close association it means her reputation is applied to you. Do a search for Flank Shot and you'll see what I mean. From the very, very first post in that thread I explicitly said it would lock Aimed Shot and she trolled me along with others for pages for some reason she refused to divulge and when she finally did you know why she thought my idea was OP and deserving of her trolling? Because she thought it would be usable in PvP even when my very first post (unedited to this day) states that it would lock out Aimed Shot skill. (And no Agent would use a lower damage, dodgeable special instead of AS)

You got a bad rap by extension because you support her so much and have a lot of similar traits (wall of quotes being one of them).

You may think all I care about is winning, but you're wrong. What I care about is answering why. Because people rarely answer why I rarely finish debates, most times they just die out from everyone being bored with them.

I don't care as much about what the story says or that the story states something, I want to know why it says what it says and I want to know why we can't just change it. Balance around three factions is possible, balance is fair, balance is what we strive for. Why do you not want Neutrals to be equal? Why does the story not what them to be equal? Why can't the story change? Why can't we attain some semblance of balance and fairness by changing the story? Why must we stay with the story and hurt people instead of change the story and help?
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard
    The above post is an example of the type of idiotic nonsense not worth responding to. This person is so lost in a fantasy world they think I am someone else, think the person they are referring too actually gave a **** about losing a TL2 base (LOL) and has some bone to pick with an entire faction as the result of a single twink coming out at like 5am on a sunday morning to attack my orgs towers (which they promptly lost the following afternoon). This person cannot get it through their head that I have had this stance on Neutrals for going on 8-9 years now. But since they are new to the game and the forums and a pvp minded trolling neutral all they see is some fantasy land nonsense. The only reason I even bother quoting it and posting this is as an example of who/what I ignore on these boards typically. Ayria is most certainly not in this persons league of failure. There is hope for Ayria, (I think).
    Dude, stop spreading lies mkay?
    1. It was a thursday or friday
    2. You did give a ****, that's why you started that crap "return neuts to neutrality" or whatever thread 2 days after you lost that field.
    3. I don't have a bone to pick with your faction because you lost your field? (wtb you making more sense)
    4. Stop with your elitist "I'm here since the middle ages" attitude. As far as I know, you're more new than I am.
    5. You have this stance on neuts going since last year, not since 8 years ago. Come with some proof that you were here 8 years ago before bothering to pull a "I'm older than you I know better" crap.
    Thank you

Means: Are there any plans to stop ranged advys, pistol soldiers, fixers being nerfed beyond belief at TLs 3-5 with the specials change?

Or are we once again gonna be pushed to more cookie cutter setups?
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

I'm a cynic, I expect the worst from people and am most often right in my expectations. Thus I am naturally skeptical of things that deviate from the normal pattern of sociological behavior.

Reverse the perspective and you'll see that I'm tired of you incessantly trolling me too. Look into my history and you'll see that I've been dealing with trolls a very long time on this forum and I am quick to resort to being a troll myself now to deal with them. I've made some good suggestions in the past (and some bad ones I know) that got trolled to oblivion for no other reason then because someone didn't personally like it. I've had good ideas locked away in threads that I can no longer repost (due to it being locked material).

Xaun herself was one of these people; which is probably bad for you because with your close association it means her reputation is applied to you. Do a search for Flank Shot and you'll see what I mean. From the very, very first post in that thread I explicitly said it would lock Aimed Shot and she trolled me along with others for pages for some reason she refused to divulge and when she finally did you know why she thought my idea was OP and deserving of her trolling? Because she thought it would be usable in PvP even when my very first post (unedited to this day) states that it would lock out Aimed Shot skill. (And no Agent would use a lower damage, dodgeable special instead of AS)

You got a bad rap by extension because you support her so much and have a lot of similar traits (wall of quotes being one of them).

You may think all I care about is winning, but you're wrong. What I care about is answering why. Because people rarely answer why I rarely finish debates, most times they just die out from everyone being bored with them.

I don't care as much about what the story says or that the story states something, I want to know why it says what it says and I want to know why we can't just change it. Balance around three factions is possible, balance is fair, balance is what we strive for. Why do you not want Neutrals to be equal? Why does the story not what them to be equal? Why can't the story change? Why can't we attain some semblance of balance and fairness by changing the story? Why must we stay with the story and hurt people instead of change the story and help?
    I don't troll you. Never have. I will however not back out of a debate when I know I have empirical data to back my argument. Furthermore, I could give a rats ass what people think about Xaun. She has her fans and her anti-fans just like anyone else in this forum. Everyone has to deal with it. The fact you put up game suggestions makes yourself more of target than most, just like her.

I am going off your posting record. Even when proven wrong you will not back down or say, yeah you know you're right. Doing this even once in awhile might be a giant step in the right direction to changing your image.

I do care about the story. Neutrals are not a part of it. The very basis of the RP that Neutral RPers take is in fact a clan stance. There is nothing Neutral about how Neutral RPers act. Yet they repeatedly say they are neutral. On RK1 most neutrals are omni alts anyway for the most part, even tho I know that there are quite a few true neutrals, they really don't participate in PvP and would rather their faction be left alone. They do not want token boards, do not want token grinds. Are happy with what they have. Are mostly just in it to have some fun. They shy away from these forums because they don't want to get dragged in to it but I hear what they have to say in game and I reflect that opinion here. As I said my org has one of the (if not The absolute) longest standing alliances with any neutral orgs on our server. We have a non aggression pact with many, have served as mediators between disputes and tried to settle clan vs neutral fights when we could. The only Neutrals AK has ever attacked attacked us first.

The rise of posters like Howlin and drops are the reason I show so much angst here in the forums toward "Neutral trolls", because they by and far prove themselves to be the most useless members of the forum time and time again in thread after thread after thread. They do not care about their side, they just want sided phatz to be given to Neutrals and you can see this proven time and time again by their posts and whine threads. Most neutrals that post in those threads are debumping the ideas. Not supporting them. But you'd have to search through pages of trolling nonsense to find them, but they are there when they have the courage to speak up for themselves knowing how these boards go. People like Howlin purposely post in contrary to most things on the board just for the lulz. They could care less about the goings on in game. Howlin for example even has a Clan twink he pvp's from. So do others. I just ignore him just like the lies drops constantly spews here that have no bearing on reality. They can't even get their facts straight on what day something happens, who posts what in what order etc. Take this TL2 attack for instance. The TL2 attack occured "After" a post made by Kabulla regarding Neutrals, about 2 years ago. If not for the fact that he brings it up everytime he posts no one in our clan would even remember it happening it was that low on our radar. Some neutrals got bent out of shape about it and decided to attack while everyone was sleeping. We took the base right back there-after.

Edit: Anyway it is 6am and my eyes are about to close on their own, have a good night.
    Last edited by Aethyrguard; Sep 18th, 2009 at 11:02:46.

Quote Originally Posted by drops View Post
    Dude, stop spreading lies mkay?
    1. It was a thursday or friday
    2. You did give a ****, that's why you started that crap "return neuts to neutrality" or whatever thread 2 days after you lost that field.
    3. I don't have a bone to pick with your faction because you lost your field? (wtb you making more sense)
    4. Stop with your elitist "I'm here since the middle ages" attitude. As far as I know, you're more new than I am.
    5. You have this stance on neuts going since last year, not since 8 years ago. Come with some proof that you were here 8 years ago before bothering to pull a "I'm older than you I know better" crap.
    Thank you
    makes sense imo
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

I do care about the story. Neutrals are not a part of it.
    Why can't we make them a part of it? Why do they have to stay as is? To spite the Neutral trolls?

Why can't we just up and say that the story is changing and allow Neutrals to be part of it? Why must be stay in the past? Because their stance is closer to Clan? Why cant they share a stance but maintain a different title? Why does fighting Omni make them Clan while fighting Clan makes them Omni, would that not make them both?

6am, wimp lol It's only 5am here but then I suffer from insomnia weee why do you think I have so much time to post on the forums?
    Proc Descriptions

Rimor

Why can't we make them a part of it? Why do they have to stay as is? To spite the Neutral trolls?

Why can't we just up and say that the story is changing and allow Neutrals to be part of it? Why must be stay in the past? Because their stance is closer to Clan? Why cant they share a stance but maintain a different title? Why does fighting Omni make them Clan while fighting Clan makes them Omni, would that not make them both?

6am, wimp lol It's only 5am here but then I suffer from insomnia weee why do you think I have so much time to post on the forums?
    Because of the very fact that Neutrals by definition are "non combatants". Anyone on RK that is not belonging to either Omni-tek or some other hyper-corporation is by definition a clanner whether they know it or like it or not. I am not opposed to there being more factions. I wouldn't mind if there was 4 or 5. Just not any one of them being Neutral in name or with the current benefits and drawback that they currently have. Anyway you posted before I could proof read my post so saw this and decided to reply, but this post is much shorter so I am just going to sleep now. Peace out.

Take it to PMs ffs
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast