Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 11th, 2009 - Video Q&A, Sceenies and Info-Nuggets

You should go back and read about shadows.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Ok...Opening again. I'll be reading...but not answering any more questions in this one.

Thank you all again for keeping this productive and for teaching me about Lightyears. :P
    All of yours and your teams efforts are highly appreciated.... Not least your communication.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Famine is busy moving to Oslo. We have to cut him some slack for a little while so he can get settled.

Then we beat him silly.
    Fine then...I'll forward the question to you ^^
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Another post because I wanted to put up a serious reply;

Could you address at some point if it would be possible for players to directly contribute to the game dev via a no-pay remote work internship. There was some talk about it the FW/oM back a bit and I know you said you like to see player stuff but I'm really not sure about the whole thing.

I know it would end up with a raise in some work load for you guys as you have to check over everything but, Im sure FC corp could sacrifice 3 or 4 people to checking over player submitted content every week or something. (I really don't know but just wanted to bring it up to you.)
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

3. Do the "bunch in my own skin" hurt when you sit down or ride a bike? :P

4. Sorry about that moderators.
    I'll accept the apology if you add some brain bleach for loading me up with that image....
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Drink til trox in a thong looks hawt.
    That will help no matter your inclinations or inhibitions, and the resulting blood alcohol content is sure to wipe most of the unwanted content from your mind.

Or well, all content, but hey you'll feel better til the hangover!
    And respectively better after xD
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Is this that Anonymous Alchoholics Meeting where we share our problems?
    I wanted to ask if that secondary AS-like special will also require target holding aggro on other person like backstab does to use it?

I wanted to speak with you on the phone at some point. PM phone number already.
    Done.

Any updates on the bugged city upkeep where it is pulling rent multiple times on the due date?

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    I have found nothing pointing to any "out of line" deductions. Double (or more) deductions are happening tho, but I still need more data on when and where.
    We submitted the information he requested during the initial petition & then via the support email (as requested during the petition), but never heard back from Macrosun on if he wanted it in that thread also, or if the other submissions were enough.

Thank you.

Everyone with an org city needs to keep an eye on this so that we can all provide more information & MAYBE see a refund of the excess rent paid too... not to mention those that have LOST their org cities because of it.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Sep 16th, 2009 at 00:00:48.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

The new instance will likely not have ANY new loot...and only be a new/alternative way of obtaining loot available in other areas of the game.
    The new instance will be a part of a booster. That being said the free players will be able to do a great many of the new daily missions.
    If old content is too much of a grind, then increase drop rates. You don't need to make an entirely new instance with new fights just to get more people the items. New instances should have new loot, especially if i am paying extra for them. If there's absolutely nothing new in the instance, then i won't be paying for the booster. LoX instances were good because they provided solid upgrades for nearly half the equipment slots in the game.
    Last edited by Raynefists; Sep 16th, 2009 at 04:37:33.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Quote Originally Posted by Raynefists View Post
    If old content is too much of a grind, then increase drop rates. You don't need to make an entirely new instance with new fights just to get more people the items. New instances should have new loot, especially if i am paying extra for them. If there's absolutely nothing new in the instance, then i won't be paying for the booster. LoX instances were good because they provided solid upgrades for nearly half the equipment slots in the game.
    I couldn't disagree more with you. Please no new item grinds. Expand <---> this way not ^ that way. thanks

Ok...Opening again. I'll be reading...but not answering any more questions in this one.

Thank you all again for keeping this productive and for teaching me about Lightyears. :P
    I know you said you won't answer any more. But.. just one question regarding the balancing act... Will other tl's than tl7 be considered?
    Some of the suggested changes will have great impact at lower levels for certain profs, but there won't be the options gear and perk wise that you have at tl7 to compensate for this. Some ppl spent hundreds if not thousands of hours on their twinks. having them nerfed into nothingness is probably a good way to make ppl quit the game.

So.. Are lowbies considered?

Lol, this is gonna make a few people laugh, but... has the development team ever made an attempt to fix the "invisible wall at the top of stairways" issue in SL dungeons, where you have to jump in order to get past the top step, or am i beating the skeleton of a horse that died many years ago?
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by juicyfruitloot View Post
    Lol, this is gonna make a few people laugh, but... has the development team ever made an attempt to fix the "invisible wall at the top of stairways" issue in SL dungeons, where you have to jump in order to get past the top step, or am i beating the skeleton of a horse that died many years ago?
    The part that sucks is not just having to jump as much as getting stuck up in the roof when you mis-time or lag when jumping.. heh.

you asking for questions, and i posted one. i got no answer. i thought perhaps my question is not clear enough. i tried to clearify in a second post, because my english isnt that best.

all i got was a delete of my posting... lol?!

so in future its better dont ask for questions if you only wanna answer those ones you like :-p

but this time a answer is still missing!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethyrguard View Post
    The part that sucks is not just having to jump as much as getting stuck up in the roof when you mis-time or lag when jumping.. heh.
    Rofl! yeah this too. if it wasn't for the stuck command, most of my toons would be living in SL dungeon ceilings.
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Just voicing my 2 creds on the incoming heal nerf, which, according to means will have something to do with docs ability to regen their nanopool at a rather impressive rate.

I'm not convinced that allowing the heal nerf to affect docs in pvm is a particularly wise idea. I fully agree that some sort of nerfbat action is in order for pvp docs, but not for pvm

As I see it, the changes over the past few years that have made the game "too easy" have been a necessary response to the shrinking playerbase

As the playerbase has shrunk, it has become necessary for FC to implement tools that will allow increasingly smaller groups of players to tackle the more difficult content - which is why we have nanos like Imongo, DB essence, ICH, crat init debuffs/calms that land on everything. One side effect of this is that the increased power has spilled over into the PVP arena, making some professions ridiculously overpowered in a 1 vs 1 situation, and sometimes even in a 3 vs 1 situation.

I believe that until the population problem is seriously addressed and solved, that reducing the power of raid necessary professions in the PVM arena is inappropriate, as their current level of PVM power is a necessary for allowing the smaller and fewer available groups to access the top levels of content.

By all means swing away with the mighty bat of nerf in the PVP arena, but IMO leave PVM alone, at least for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by toastyking View Post
    By all means swing away with the mighty bat of nerf in the PVP arena, but IMO leave PVM alone, at least for the time being.
    I think that it would be best if the pvm side of things were addressed either simulateneously or independently on a similar cycle. Basically, the going principal for PVM encounters has been less thinking/skill and more just throwing as much DD and heals around as possible. One of my biggest beliefs is that FC should give every NPC Mob (including pets for players) a profession, complete with various stats, perks, nanos, etc, even if in a limited form. The problem with PvM is that to do it you NEED only 1 or 2 professions for most things other than rare situations. That in and of itself for raid/team oriented content is a pita. For solo designed content either make profession based equivalents to quests for each or scale it down to make it 'soloable'. In short, while I understand what you are saying and why, I am forced to disagree because maintaining the status-quo is not something I feel should be on the agenda, rather, bringing AO up to snuff in all areas as an enjoyable experience.

my .02$

Quote Originally Posted by toastyking View Post
    As I see it, the changes over the past few years that have made the game "too easy" have been a necessary response to the shrinking playerbase
    No, they just made heals to OP. The reason you go with small teams has nothing to do with the shrinking player base. You do it to have a better chance on loot roll (which is completely understandable).

However, when only 5 professions are doing half of the end-game content and the rest is /lft or begging org, there's something wrong with pvm balance. So yes, something has to be done about pvm as well. Doc heals might only be a part of the solution.

Maybe FC needs to give certain end-game bosses a huge Heal Delta so a 6-man raid can't be done by 2 people, because heal delta > than the total damage done by said 2 toons. This would give an incentive to fill teams again and make DD needed.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

Players above 200 will get SK from daily missions.
    Mission Tokens too?
    We need more ways to get tokens... grinding guns is pain
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast