Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 11th, 2009 - Video Q&A, Sceenies and Info-Nuggets

Funcom employee Friday with Means - September 11th, 2009 - Video Q&A, Sceenies and Info-Nuggets

For those who were unable to attend DragonCon this year, we hosted a Q&A session in the Sheraton. ShadowGod was nice enough to film it for us (in 5 parts).

Part One
    Part Two
    Part Three
    Part Four
    Part Five

I'm certain that these videos will draw even more questions...put them here and I will try and answer them.

This week:

We are hoping to get the next version out to Test and possibly to Live in the very near future. Work continued on the new Dark Ruins instance, Final polishing on the nightclub, balancing work and beginnnig implementation of a new "EXPLOSIVE" end game raid instance to also be released within the next month. This is going to be a very very busy month.l

Below is more of the Opifex Female heads and the VERY FIRST new solitus female head redo.

Questions questions!!! Its good to be back!
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

First!
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Last!

Edit: The opifex heads feel like they're too fat. They should be longer and more slender, imho. Awesome otherwise.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

4th
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Funcom gives good heads ;-p
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

lol.... not touchin that one

About balancing. Can you add Full Auto to the "Spray With Lead" nano? TL5 fixers need more FA! plx
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Written transcription of Q&A session would be nice....possible?

in 10!

nice pics!
    The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Hrm, first page at least?

Means how tall are you? I'm 1.96
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Old faces look hot, new ones do not.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    New faces are hot you are not :P
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    LOL they all kind of look cross eyed to me, that's about the only thing bad I could find about the new heads.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

How about some new engine footage...or still doesn't look as good as the Orge engine was before it got put to bed?

Soli head looks ok

Opi heads need to be taller and more narrow. And they have lost their "I'm over-caffeinated" look - they look too zen-like peaceful.

Also, is it possible to put the new models into the game even prior to the new engine? You've mentioned how they look (eg:blue glowing nm eyes) in the old engine so I would assume it is technically possible.

QUESTION:
    Can you guys do anything about getting all the neat 'in-game' advertising back in circulation on the billboards? Whether Massive has ads to put in rotation or not, it really helps to see those creative billboards that were once in heavy rotation.

QUESTION:
    Are you contemplating putting in-game some system for teaching newbies about one of AO's most complex, yet barely-explained features, that being implants? Perhaps combine that with the need for 'profession trainers' and set up trainers in each of the starting cities who teach people about their profession and have them do quests for a full set of low-QL implants? (ding TL2, get a mission and waypoint to your profession trainer)
    Last edited by vadagget; Sep 12th, 2009 at 17:10:40.
    I am Dagget

first page!
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Opisexes are good enough , i don't like the Solitus though. Old one is hot, new one looks like teenage prom queen with way too much make up.

Opifex heads need to be a little longer/thinner and a bit more hollowcheeked on some of them...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast