Thread: TL2 MP experience and concerns in PvP

TL2 MP experience and concerns in PvP

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=106197 <---- my setup basically

So I have been playing my level 30 MP twink for roughly 2yrs now. He has performed fairly well and about what I expected.

With longer pet duration I actually enjoy playing him more now then before. Mainly cause I don;t even think a trader gets as many OBs as I do just to be combat ready (50% of my OBs are to cast and equip shield). I have no problems with any of this I knew thats how it was going to be before I made the toon.

My concerns and hopes are pretty simple. Traders are hands down the most dominant profession from lvl1-50 or so and the reason is simple. At TL3 MPs can cast NSD the only true counter to trader drains. What I would like to see is 2 lower versions of NSD (minor NSD is a totw boss nano) that are scaled down versions of the higher one....... QL54 and QL108 with 1/3 and 2/3 the requirements and de-buff respectfully, now I don't think anything else needs an adjustment on these nanos. I am sure that some people may disagree with me but I think lowbie pvp needs some balancing and the best way to do this will be to create new lower QL versions of professions toolset that currently don't exist.

Evades at TL2 are fine, not Oped to the point where no one can kill but enough that people at least have to use their brain abit to do so. DMG imo is fine also buffed my pets are hitting for about what a QL80 perennium blaster does on normal dmg which is not bad for lvl30.

Now im sure people might say just roll a trader and well thats boring :P. Besides I can beat most traders unless they are equally geared and twinked. Then I can never beat them......... ever!!! At least with the suggestion I made MPs could become more present at TL2 and stand a fighting chance in every battle... some may thing its OPed but with the high NR check all a person has to do is twink their Nr a bit. I am a good example of this even pre-drained most traders can't land the 190% drain on me and the ones that do have to make multiple attempts or get extremely lucky.

thats my rant and thanks for your time

you could try but ur ass will always get creamed by enfs, traders, agents. tl2-3 pvp is not balanced /rant

edit: especially that in these TLs OSB is everything.
    Last edited by Aramsunat; Sep 10th, 2009 at 08:23:58.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    you could try but ur ass will always get creamed by enfs, traders, agents. tl2-3 pvp is not balanced /rant

edit: especially that in these TLs OSB is everything.
    what do you mean I could try? read the post and topic I have been playing my TL2 MP for 2yrs now and it works fine for what it is I am looking at ways to improve the MP profession at TL2 and balance out traders a bit.

have yet to meet a agent that can hurt my MP and have only ever died to a trader once in 2 years think thats not too bad.

i dunno but RK2 is totally dominated by traders and enfs and some agents. usually i was getting either alphaed or nerfed by drain.

anyway I dont see any way to improve your toon, maybe a little higher implants and ql 75 CS (if i calced right its doable on opi)

by the way, unmake/dominate is not enough to nerf trads?

unfortunately lower tl pvp balance wont ever exist since funcom is not interested doing so, and while you twink the heck out your toon, there will always be an enf or trader around that can kill you easily. i refer to for example JAME traders with almost top drains. thats why i kinda got disillusioned
    Last edited by Aramsunat; Sep 10th, 2009 at 11:36:37.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

/root pets /lol /kill
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    i dunno but RK2 is totally dominated by traders and enfs and some agents. usually i was getting either alphaed or nerfed by drain.

anyway I dont see any way to improve your toon, maybe a little higher implants and ql 75 CS (if i calced right its doable on opi)

by the way, unmake/dominate is not enough to nerf trads?

unfortunately lower tl pvp balance wont ever exist since funcom is not interested doing so, and while you twink the heck out your toon, there will always be an enf or trader around that can kill you easily. i refer to for example JAME traders with almost top drains. thats why i kinda got disillusioned
    RK1 is not much different in who dominates as far as professions go but, unlike RK2 there are fewer people making serious TL2 twinks

yea I could do higher imps and high QL CS but the gain is not enough for me to strip him and redo the imps and stuff..... I can cast every nano I wanna cast and I can evade everyone I should be able to.

unmake combined with mind howl and general -20 debuff is a nice -115 nanoskill but, its not enough to completely shutdown the trader its only enough to make them stumble for a lower drain...... the good news is I have fairly high NR so after I get them off land rate for drains drops quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    /root pets /lol /kill
    heh has never happened to me people have rooted my pets from time to time though but, even with rooted pets they filed to kill me.

Anyway I would like to clarify my post a bit cause it kinda seems like people think this is a post about asking for help with my TL2 MP when its about the MPs tool set at TL2 and what imo needs to be looked at and added.

I do agree, on RK2 I rolled a new main, nanomage, and was very active in the TL2 BS for a time, it's a lot of fun and while I did grumble a bit about how common beater enfos are, I didn't run into as many problems with regards to pvp as everyone else likes to say. I got a decent suit of Ofab on and even managed to make it Penultimate, so that helped a lot with survivability in PVP.

The big annoyance is having to figure out which of your debuffs you need right at that very second. Combining them so you have a one-stop shop for all your nanoskill debuffing needs has been something MPs have wanted for a while now. Some sort of pre-75 pet root remover would also be nice, or even unlocking the one we have.

That said, I noticed a lack of traders in TL2 BS, though I know for certain if I hit a tower fight I'd see 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    I do agree, on RK2 I rolled a new main, nanomage, and was very active in the TL2 BS for a time, it's a lot of fun and while I did grumble a bit about how common beater enfos are, I didn't run into as many problems with regards to pvp as everyone else likes to say. I got a decent suit of Ofab on and even managed to make it Penultimate, so that helped a lot with survivability in PVP.

The big annoyance is having to figure out which of your debuffs you need right at that very second. Combining them so you have a one-stop shop for all your nanoskill debuffing needs has been something MPs have wanted for a while now. Some sort of pre-75 pet root remover would also be nice, or even unlocking the one we have.

That said, I noticed a lack of traders in TL2 BS, though I know for certain if I hit a tower fight I'd see 5.
    another problem with unmake is the nanoskills needed when compared to NSD....... no SI needed helps a ton....... considering BM and TS are twinked high for pets atm the only nanoskills I don't have maxed is MM but its close........... with my setup and maxed nanoskills I self about 310 PM and SI meaning I can;t cast all the unmakes.... just the mains ones I want where as I self over 350 MC, TS and 330ish BM. Now it may seem by saying that I wouldn;t drop IP from SI but you still can't pet init debuff is too good to pass on and if there was a lower version of NSD more people would twink NR so there would still be a need for unmake when you consider the nano check on NSD

I'm gonna bump myself seeing as I don;t think anyone seems to care about low level MPs very much.

Considering I asked you to bring up tl2 MP pvp concerns, I'd say I'd have an interest. I'm poking at others in other TLs as well, if all else fails I"ll start a few threads and get some information that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Considering I asked you to bring up tl2 MP pvp concerns, I'd say I'd have an interest. I'm poking at others in other TLs as well, if all else fails I"ll start a few threads and get some information that way.
    Yea I knew you had an interest I was hoping to get interest of others mainly because, it seems to me TL2 is seriously neglected. I know Means has the intention of balance across the board but, looking at the potential changes to perks and other future ideas brought forth by the devs I'm not seeing much of interest for TL2s of any profession really other then dmg perks scaling based off of level and AR. Dmg perks have 0 effects on TL2 aside from a couple professions. My main concern is to boost the weaker professions in order to balance the more powerful professions.

Changes for MPs would be some help on debuffs, if you can even cast them they do not have enough effect to be able to shutdown your opponent for more then a few seconds till he finds a lower version on his nanos. The best ideas I can think of that would help would be a lower QL version of NSD with roughly 350ish nanoskill requirements and a lowbie version of CoC. These would at first seem over powered because, currently most people don't twink NR cause even if you do traders can still drain and root you.

Another possible addition I would like to see is a lowbie version of Odin's this would help a lot in all sorts of areas.

These changes would not only bring a little balance to the OPed profession but, it would get newer MPs use to their toolsets that currently they don't get to see for a long time.

Now I don't claim to know all there is about MPs beyond TL2 but, at TL2 I have a lot of experience with PvP and PvM and I would like to see not only MPs but all professions toolsets completely opened up at TL2 so people can get accustomed to their professions toolset earlier in the game rather then at a point when they have already started to get use to the tools themselves.

you need higher AAD imps, screw the symbs.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Maybe a 300 point mini NSD?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Maybe a 300 point mini NSD?

me and Dancingrage already talked about that hopefully he won't forget it