Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - September 4th, 2009 - Dragoncon

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Thank you for the post.

/shameless-hijack

Could you please comment on the very popular concept of "red vs. blue battlestations"? If changes were made to move battlestations away from the current omni vs. clan model, they would run far more frequently with less predictable results. This should cause a lot of lapsed subscribers to return, since many people have quit the game citing inactive battlestations and the associated boredom as their reason for doing so.

Pleasepleaseplease red v blue!
    Bump

--Edit-- First on Second Page!
    Have a listen to my latest musical abomination.

Fixers run while engi's Build
    Soldiers gun near crats coffee, spilled

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Doh, well, maybe you can get the video up soon. Wonder who decided a halloween bikini was a good idea?
    10 Bucks says it was a man.
    Gone. Total Levels: 3993 AI Levels: 343. Gear: 200-220B

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Kintaii and myself just got back from the AO panel at the Sheraton hotel where we hosted a quick Q&A session with the dedicated players who made the trip to this years event....
    Phoned in...

I am hoping it isn't a "trox in a bikini at dragoncon". Not exactly the best way to get new players. lol. Somehow I have a feeling it is however.

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    What do you say about a 9 year old game at Dragoncon anyway? "Look at us, we're still going!"?

I will accept bikini pics in lieu of an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by No4Sniper View Post
    real life halloween bikini eh? pics or didn't happen.
    I have video...just not sure who it was. Should have asked...she was a feisty girl lol
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

I was there, but I just creeped near the entrance for a few min, cause I didn't pay
    Topaboss 220/30/70 solitus soldier :: equip

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Another "Hai guys" FWM?!

Such a disappointment, bleh!
    Would you be happier if he announced he's giving his job back to Silirrion? ;P
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Could melee weapon users get aimed shot on their weapons?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlatoani View Post
    Another "Hai guys" FWM?!

Such a disappointment, bleh!
    ... he's a busy man, he's at Dragoncon, and he has zero obligation to say anything to us at all.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Thanks Means for the info today, hope your all having fun. The fact that FWM is still going strong after all these months is excellent, thanks for taking the time to talk to us all through the good times and the bad times, I look forward to it every friday.
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    ... he's a busy man, he's at Dragoncon, and he has zero obligation to say anything to us at all.
    his obligation is to keep the game running and I'd figure that communication on certain happenings would fall under that, since, well, the forums are paid for under subscription fees as well. So I'd say he is obligated.
    Dirty Underpants of Bungerman
    Runspeed: - 1989
    Sense: -314
    Intelligence: -50

These befouled undergarments are painfully confining having previously belonged to a detail-oriented individual with much smaller genitals. Walking is difficult...running is impossible. Stains of a dubious nature adorn both the front and back of these "tighty-whities". Noxious fumes make your eyes burn and your nose run while wearing these. One can only imagine what you are doing wearing them.

second paeg!23
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I assume that when you say that you will post pics that these pics/video will include the chick (hopefully) in Halloween bikini? -.^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    his obligation is to keep the game running and I'd figure that communication on certain happenings would fall under that, since, well, the forums are paid for under subscription fees as well. So I'd say he is obligated.
    While he may run the game that doesn't mean he runs the community, there are other positions for that. Nevertheless, even if we can figure he is obligated there is nothing saying he has to make it long, or regular.

People have gotten to used to FWM to the point of going emo if he's late or misses it or in this case if it's not what they expected. Key words there, what they expected. He may or may not be obligated to talk with us, but he certainly isn't obligated to fulfill our expectations.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

i wish i had a car or some money so i could come :/

have fun every one and don't forget tof' and mov'
    Xeratrading 220/26 NM trader|||Methalix 220/21 Atrox Enforcer
    Methaball 176/4 Atrox MP|||Xeradoc 150/16 Solitus Doctor
    Methafire 150/20 Atrox Soldier|||Xeradvent 121/10 Solitus Adventurer
    Xeranuke 186/17 Solitus Nano-technician
    Xeracrat 200/21 Solitus Bureaucrat
    President of ~~ Athalantes ~~
    Squad Commander of The Glowing Nightfliers

36th! (about as much content as the OP :P)
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    I have video...just not sure who it was. Should have asked...she was a feisty girl lol
    Might've been Mynka, I know she had the halloween tutu outfit last year
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Cool

I would have love to come with our Guilds officially endorsed froob T Shirt - at least one of the designers liked it enough to link to it from her blog

Ascension ftw - making it happen RL style )
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tysken View Post
    get us some new players now Means we need em
    ^^ this!

No major expansions, hard dates or big surprises were made public at this panel as we wanted to confirm that (with the exception of the engine) the major focus of the team for the next while is to continue isolating and removing old issues from the game and improving the existing game experience.
    Wow. so what's the point in the holding the panel? or even attending Dragoncon for that matter?
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast