Thread: Let's bring back Black Sunday...

Let's bring back Black Sunday...

Remember the protest days of years ago pre-LE? Once a year every MP on each server would get together and protest that FC was ignoring our pleas to make us a half-way decent profession in the game, I think it's time we take those drastic measures again. Funcom obviously will not listen to us without getting to the point where a mob of players has to activley disrupt gameplay on the server before they'll take any notice of us. We have legitamite issues that aren't being adressed, we're the only profession in-game that is literally not needed for anything, in any instance, raid, pf, etc. We're no more than buffing totems for the general public. We've been trying to talk devs into doing something for years to make MP a more viable profession again, but they're obviously just not listening.

So to anyone else who is interested in getting FC to adress our issues, I say we plan a date to log our MP's and storm populated areas of the servers (bor/ICC/Jobe/etc).

You're the only profession that combines real mezz, healing and damage power. Not sure what you're smoking. MPs are more desired in teams than 2/3rds of the other professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    You're the only profession that combines real mezz, healing and damage power. Not sure what you're smoking. MPs are more desired in teams than 2/3rds of the other professions.
    Till tl7, then it's the least desirable profession to team with by a fairly wide margin

at lower levels maybe, TL7 onwards there's nothing MP's can do that other profs can't do 10x better.

Funcom obviously will not listen to us without getting to the point where a mob of players has to activley disrupt gameplay on the server before they'll take any notice of us.
    Black Sunday didn't actually achieve any substantive change that we're aware of. There was no push of new MP stuff that came from the march. There was also no disruption of gameplay on the server at all... if you weren't on the march, then you'd barely have known it happened to be honest.

If you're expecting that doing a Black Sunday march is more likely to get positive change for the profession... then your expectations are probably too high.

We've been trying to talk devs into doing something for years to make MP a more viable profession again, but they're obviously just not listening.
    Well... there's all the stuff to come in the rebalancing. FC has already promised ground up rebuilds and improvements to all pets, nuke improvements, changes to make creation weapons more powerful/useful, Damage-to-Nano and Damage-to-Pets are suggested too. Mez Pet line is to be diversified with a variety of different effects on different pets in the line...

It's not like this is a period where FC isn't listening to the community. In fact, if anything it's the opposite. We have direct input into the design process through the professionals and the Balance forums - and we've already seen that discussions through both those avenues have changed the design documentation for changes... so we know that FC is listening and reacting to feedback. They're also actively publishing their plans for change well ahead of implementation... something that's never really been done before by an AO dev team.

Black Sunday was good for the community at the time, that felt powerless and frustrated. There had been very little in the way of communication from FC and there was a feeling that all our ideas and wishlists etc were falling on deaf ears. There had been no substantive changes at all in the MP toolset for years at that time.... It made the MP community feel good to come together and really make a noise, to get some of their frustration out.

But that's not really been the case over the last few years - see SS, SoZ, Nanodmg and Heal efficiency debuffs, Masters Bidding, MIMQ/MIGL, Pet calm/charm resists, pet NR buffs, improved Dmg debuffs, 2HB staves etc.... we can argue that the changes haven't been great or have even been counter-productive - but it's not as though there's been no attempts to improve the MP.

I've nothing against reviving the march per se... but the conditions that brought about the march really aren't around these days. There has been development of the MP toolset and there has been a real dialogue lately between FC and the community about how the game needs to move forward and about the changes that MPs need. I'm not really sure that a march is all that necessary...

X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Aug 26th, 2010 at 19:54:44.

Fake mez that takes 7s or more to land on a stationary target while only working on one target at a time, poor healing, average damage. MPs have nothing of critical value to offer teams (such as big heals, tanking, big dd, real calms & CC, big init debuffs, etc.) and what we do have (some damage mitigation that takes great fervor to use), another profession can do better (passive reflects while simultaneously doing big DD). NSD is not NEEDED for anything and agents can cast it anyway. We are just a warm body to fill teams with when teams have what they need to complete something and LFT is sparse.

That being said, I agree with Xtrem. We have been improved but now we have fallen behind again. Rebalancing Soon(TM) yields at least a sliver of optimism.

MPs are more desired in teams than 2/3rds of the other professions.
    Combining many powers at once doesn't mean it makes us viable, or desired, or even being able to control them both. Who cares if we can heal, make damage and root (lol, talk about mezz) the few targets not immune? Teams are usually a combination of the best of each type, Doctor, Enforcer, Soldier, Crat, voila, your logic would mean that we'd be able to do anything with 6 MPs in the team.

Oh, and don't forget to share what YOU're smoking.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynicist View Post
    Combining many powers at once doesn't mean it makes us viable, or desired, or even being able to control them both. Who cares if we can heal, make damage and root (lol, talk about mezz) the few targets not immune? Teams are usually a combination of the best of each type, Doctor, Enforcer, Soldier, Crat, voila, your logic would mean that we'd be able to do anything with 6 MPs in the team.

Oh, and don't forget to share what YOU're smoking.
    Hey, after rebalancing I'm all for 6 MPs doing everything, it would mean we'd be in a good solid position all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Hey, after rebalancing I'm all for 6 MPs doing everything, it would mean we'd be in a good solid position all around.
    Like we could find 6 MPs ingame!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Like we could find 6 MPs ingame!
    thats why we need a server merge!
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Im a mp! im ALIVE!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I was using my MP......For the HP on a friend's enf so he could level my doc... Does that count?

Team of 6 MP's could sure build the hell out of crystals

guys Means </3 sarcasm we r never gonna get fixed at this rate
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds