Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Can Has Zhok?

I Can Has Zhok?

After mentioning a few times that I probably could cast Zhok at 172, I decided to actually sit down and see what it would take for me to do it.

This is my current setup at the moment. I never got around to getting a defensive alien device, and normally I usually have either the combat research hud or the defensive, but since I have them all I threw it in for the sake of seeing where it got me.

That setup and all buffs (mochams instead of the usual CI, Odin's, basic composites) topped me out at 1473 MC and 1490 TS. (mind you my AO comp is still blown up, so I'm checking on an emulator atm)

No swapping aside from the hud and I can cast Mortificant the Eternal. Geez.

OK, next up, trying for Zhok: Dumping the Combat device for a ql200 Nano Controller Unit (+50) and then going and getting some low ql Phulaks in the Catacombs for another 50 nanoskills puts me at 1573 MC and 1590 TS. That's assuming I went out and got the bare bones +50 phulaks, I can equip up to ql210ish without even trying, which is +70.

I'm within Wrangle range of Zhok by this point but for fun, let's see how much closer I can get...

1593+1610 (assuming I got the 70 phulaks)
    +16 for getting a ql300 Comm Relay
    +11 for Persisting Brain instead of Ado brain (comes with almighty Nano Resist!)
    +8 for upgrading to Living Eye
    +15 for upgrading to Living Right Hand
    I'll assume an extra 5 points from trickledown
    Then if I want to swap a bit more I could go with Neleb's Nano-Master Robe for another 15....

Puts me at 1663 MC and 1675 TS. My setup for perks is slightly botched, I didn't put perks in Genius like everyone else does, instead it's in Theoretical Research 3. I can move those perks to Nano Doctorate and get another 26 points, and it's game, set and match. No trader necessary if you really felt the need.

And all that above calculation was utterly worthless because I, spec 4 nothwithstanding, am not of a level to cast Zhok, and thusly all those extra nanoskills are pretty much pointless unless I was wanting to try to land NSD through NR2. (Still wouldn't land it, but might have a better shot with the Dominates/MQ)

Figured this would be good for a laugh or two tho, feel free to replicate and tell me if my math sucks or not. (172 NM MP breedcapped on all abilities and titlecapped on nanoskills)

Ain't gonna happen. FC are too deathly afraid of the infamous H /pet attack style PVP that got them ganked outside totw when they last played their mains.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Heh, Zhok's AR and damage template might be nice but it has too many HP to be considered a usable pet at 170, though I guess I could go solo Ado hecklers from a good safe distance with that pet.

(BTW, found an error in auno.org: it assumes you can have Soothing Spirits up to 8 at 170, you actually can only have it to perk 7 at 170)

Unless other profs could root/calm Zhok from a similar standpoint (crats in scouts and similar setups landing calms/roots on Zhok even halfway reliably, etc.) It'd be just this side of OP.

I'm really more concerned to see if my math adds up or if I screwed up somewhere. I'm in an org with ql300 city buildings, all of 'em, but no towers. (I never count towers in twinking calcs nor advantages anywho).

I'd already made noise about having a pet that would scale to skill of master, so it goes without saying that it'd be useful here since I'm already looking at nanoskills that are almost 85% of the requirements to cast RIHWEN. Some sort of payout for pushing my nanoskills to such ridiculous heights beyond just perking NR2 and laughing would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Heh, Zhok's AR and damage template might be nice but it has too many HP to be considered a usable pet at 170, though I guess I could go solo Ado hecklers from a good safe distance with that pet.
    No. You can't solo ado hecks even with a green monkey from safe distance.

Our pets simply don't hold agg, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post

You tried with a 1-1 weapon (and pressing Q)?
    bai2u!
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Why use a 1-1? I could just use a melee weapon like the Gold Acanthophis (more -nanocost, not like I"m already capped) and stand well out of range.

You answered your own question

No need to worry about distance or use LoS that way.
    bai2u!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    You tried with a 1-1 weapon (and pressing Q)?
    It doesn't hold aggro even if I go in sneak behind some rock.

If you're sneaking you're not attacking. The idea being that if you're attacking, even if you're ineffective, you're getting yourself off of the mob's 'inactive hatelist', which includes player toons that are sitting down, not doing anything, etc.

Fastest way to see this is to be in a fight then sit down to pop some kits. In SL this is usually a good way to get aggro even if you're at the bottom of the list unless the enfo pops Mongo at the right time.

As a pet user, you're building up aggro because of your pet, but if you're also inactive, etc, then you're going to get more aggro because of that as well, which is why the suggestion is to attack with a crappy weapon, you're not building up more taunt from damage but you're also staying off of the inactive hatelist as well.

If you're sneaking you're not attacking. The idea being that if you're attacking, even if you're ineffective, you're getting yourself off of the mob's 'inactive hatelist', which includes player toons that are sitting down, not doing anything, etc.

Fastest way to see this is to be in a fight then sit down to pop some kits. In SL this is usually a good way to get aggro even if you're at the bottom of the list unless the enfo pops Mongo at the right time.

As a pet user, you're building up aggro because of your pet, but if you're also inactive, etc, then you're going to get more aggro because of that as well, which is why the suggestion is to attack with a crappy weapon, you're not building up more taunt from damage but you're also staying off of the inactive hatelist as well.
    I must admit I had no idea about this "pet holding better agg if I'm hitting with crappy weapon, instead of me doing nothing".

Even tho, I do remember pet not holding aggro, when I was a crappy equipped level 170 MP (with QL100 howlet) in Ado.

That's not a crappy weapon tho, compared to 1st creation weapons, etc.
    Compared to creation weapon, it's not. That's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9001 View Post

That isn't very fair. If i give dog and chicken a little lead, they will hold agro for a good long time even when i'm spamming normal hits and perks. And I could never pull agro from them by being inactive.
    Sounds like MP pets need a boost
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hehe, I'm working on a writeup now for that, should be up tonight. Yes, MP pets need a boost, tho, I think Whiner should be hitting min damage at least 1k more than it does now (fully buffed min damage 2.3k, for instance). Considering the levels of twinking we're seeing in other profs' twinks these days, where gear found in Inferno and once considered hardcore endgame gear is now finding its way onto TL5 twinks, I find it entertaining that I could, bar other things like Spec and level locks, equal or exceed the levels of twinking they reach, but it does me zero good while it turns them into powerhouses of destruction.

I think Whiner should be hitting min damage at least 1k more than it does now (fully buffed min damage 2.3k, for instance).
    Whiner hits faster than MA's however, unless they are dual wielding MA weapons. Then I think it's about the same.

For PvP purposes MA's will only single wield an MA stick or just use fists.

Yup, which is why I suspect it's just 3 weapons that SL pets use, just on crazy fast rates of attack.
    MA's don't have a 184 agg/def buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    MA's don't have a 184 agg/def buff.
    150 is close enough thou, but for 30 sec only.

@Ebag: True, but unlike pets, MAs can shove their AggDef bars around wherever they damn well please so it could just as easily be full agg with little effort (and if they're using a big scope, may be 1/2 way there already)

@Ebag: True, but unlike pets, MAs can shove their AggDef bars around wherever they damn well please so it could just as easily be full agg with little effort (and if they're using a big scope, may be 1/2 way there already)
    Yes, but even at full aggro the pet is nearly double for agg/def what they are.

As Klod said, they do get that 150 buff, but if they'll only pass the pet by for agg/def if they're at full aggro (or close to it).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast