Thread: Over 100% reflect

Over 100% reflect

30% SoZ
    30% RRFE
    30% Phasefront Charon
    15% Notum Shield
    =
    105% reflect

I realize this isn't new, but I just tested it out. The problem I was finding when it was 90% reflect was that I was still being knocked out of Charon, so I did a perk reset and got Notum Shield. Just tested it out against my 220 agent. Reflect shield hit him, I took no damage and stayed in Charon. Notum Shield only lasts for about 15 to 20s for me (don't have maxed nano), so once that goes out I lose 45% reflect almost instantly from losing Charon as well. And this isn't really useful for pvp unless I can find a way to make up the 30% from Charon some other way. Otherwise, can't tell pets to attack, and can't use it on BS. Might be semi-useful for mass pvp....if I was an essential prof or a caller, so the omnis would call me and waste all their alphas into oblivion, but I usually get called near the end of battle (or right away if an SM member is there...they have a hardon for me, its weird)

Just remember there's nerfing to that setup when Notum Shield gets turned into a Damage-to-Nano effect. Lose 15% reflect, get a total of 35% damage to nano, nano regen, and so on. If it stacks with Will of the Illusionist you're looking at about 50% total DtN after perk changes for nanomages if they need to all of a sudden take 2x the number of capped hits to die.

so we are looking at 6 hits total? I hope DtN kicks in after the HP cap check, otherwise nano is going to get eaten pretty quick
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

In the thread long ago where I asked about what makes DtN tick, it was made known that how DtN works is by diverting damage to nanopool after pvp/hp caps, so this means it takes more capped hits to die. Only damage you'd normally take would be diverted.

This is how NTs would stand under the full blast of the unnerfed orbital strike and survive (albeit with just a sliver of health).

Dont forget reflect bracers and capricorn's bracer (even though those are only against specific type of dmg)
    Gone for good
    R.I.P. :
    Bushidobrown 220/20 Omni Soli Crat on RK1
    Dafunky 170/24 Omni Opi Trader on RK1
    Metphyst 220/30 NM MP
    Drimachus 220/22 Trox Keeper
    Raljahz 218/19 Opi Agent
    Kyngsize 214/11 Trox Shade
    Melonn 174/24 Soli MA
    Dafunky 170/17 Soli Trader
    Dizzastarr 170/18 Trox Adv
    Slashwrist 170/11 Trox Agent

Ya, although Notum Shield is required unless I'm only getting hit by poison damage. You get knocked out of Charon once you take damage (yes its damage, not on being attacked), so once you go below 100% you almost instantly lose an extra 30%

Ah, Ssch, you forgot Bracers of Reflection - xyz, that's another 7% right there to 3 or 4 damage types. Can be farmed off of Mantis Queen, but they are NODROP UNIQUE so make sure you don't have any others floating around (or have 'em on hand to delete) before you go camping.

@LL: Probably more like 7 or 8 capped hits to kill you if you're at 50% damage to nano, by the way, since it comes in after everything else. EDIT: did a bit of math and since with 50% DtN you'd be seeing 'capped' hits in the 15% of max health area, it'd take 6.6666-ish capped hits at 15% of max health to kill you, so 7 capped hits for sure. More if your healpet's on you and not calmed/rooted/out of range/etc, and you're fast with healperks and stims.

I didn't forget them, they're just useless for me. They won't get me above 100%, and anything above 100% is useless, since the reflect still only hits them for 49 points.

Mmh. I really fear DtN isn't going to cut it if we don't get a boost on our defense, not sure tho, can't really figure it out on paper
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

A lot will depend on the details of the DtN implementation of course... just how much damage is diverted and how much nano each diverted damage point costs, what nano regain tools are added/improved etc.

Worth also keeping in mind that Damage to Pet is also being considered if it can be made to work... so it may not just be DtN that contributes to the defences....

And there was talk of a rejigged "Take the Bullet" style emergency defence too.

All in all, there's a lot of opportunity in the stuff FC announced as potential changes for the MP that could considerably change the way MP defences may work.

X

Damage to Pet is debatable for usefulness. I know most profs can take down Rihwen's 55k hp in about 10-15 seconds. If it obeyed the PvP rules, where it was halved and 30% of total, then using him as a meatshield might be helpful.

And curse you FC, for finally making nanopool semi useful! It means I have to reset a skill or 2 to actually max it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Damage to Pet is debatable for usefulness. I know most profs can take down Rihwen's 55k hp in about 10-15 seconds. If it obeyed the PvP rules, where it was halved and 30% of total, then using him as a meatshield might be helpful.

And curse you FC, for finally making nanopool semi useful! It means I have to reset a skill or 2 to actually max it :/
    Hehe same problem here, just a few points in nanopool...

Damage to Pet is debatable for usefulness. I know most profs can take down Rihwen's 55k hp in about 10-15 seconds.
    Keep in mind that pet stats are being radically improved too, with the goal of making their performance closer to players. Pets shouldn't be as easy to kill as before at all.

X

That still leaves the problem of seeing how that actually turns out, though. They could completely mangle the job still.

Aye... indeed they could.

X

My bet is that it's going to be very much like Damage to Nano where only the damage that would normally be done to you is redirected to your pet, so all those calculations I found on Damage to Nano would work equally well for Damage to Pet, such as only damage that actually lands post reflects/pvp caps/hp caps will get transferred over to the pet, etc.

That said, we will see how it goes down, when it does.

If it works like DtN, chances are the enemy will notice it's acting like that and (if they dont fix how easy it is to kill pets) will just attack the pet instead

But improving pet stats, defences etc to make them comparable with players is also in the change summary... so it should at the very least be better than now.

That said, structuring things such that opponents attack the pet rather than the MP has its own upsides in some ways of course. It's still damage that isn't coming our way. The major thing to look at then will probably be whether pet casting times and pet buffing times are reduced. How quickly and easily could we get another pet back up.

X

Or how much killing power we get personally