Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - July 31st, 2009 - It is still Friday in North America

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    Means, while you are up there in Canada, how's about you ninja us below you some healthcare? k thx
    Noooo you can't take my healthcare away

And look! It's me! I know what I'll look like with the update. Yay

I'll have to start back up when this is all done to poke around and take a look. Keep up the good work.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post

And with the new engine using video card RAM instead of CPU... a lot of people are going to feel a real change in the game, with a lot less lag.
    Provided the game actually detects the card in the first place. Still no detection on my 9800GT OC, while ages ago it detected and ran the craptacular X300 better.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    Provided the game actually detects the card in the first place. Still no detection on my 9800GT OC, while ages ago it detected and ran the craptacular X300 better.
    The new engine which is coming from AoC has no problems detecting video cards.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    One of the main reasons we started the engine revamp in the first place was to update AO's engine to DX9/10 standards - As the current engine relies on DX7, it doesn't really utilize most modern graphics cards, instead placing the brunt of the rendering work on the CPU. Needless to say, this is A Bad Thing™. So yes: After all of this is over, your brand new awesome 'n shiny graphics card should actually influence AO's performance a nice bit more than it does today. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

We can't wait to see some screenshots, gogo work faster
    Ornaola - MA - 220/28/70 "teh main" - Equip <3
    Ornael - Soldier - 220/20 "twinky" - Equip
    Kitaniya - Doc - 220/22 "cute doc" - Equip
    Astonon - Enf - 208/17 "enfo" - Equip
    Ornaila - Crat - 217/16 Busty Beauty <3 - reroll
    Ornaenta - NT - 170/12 ''nuky nuky''

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Nice 1st thing that looks decent in AO for a long time.

Last!
    i R not spik engrish

last+1!
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Enjoy the break!

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

So who's going to Dragoncon? I'm not 100% sure if I will or not, I'm kinda short on money right now :/
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    What part of Canada? Probably no where near me but ya never know
    The closest towns to where I will be spending the most of my time are Port Carling and Bracebridge, Ontario (Muskoka area). I will be spending a couple days in Grafton, Ontario and a couple days in Montreal, Quebec as well. Mostly slow...sitting and drinking close to the water...nothing too exciting. Except maybe a few fast boat rides...if I feel like living on the edge I might even do some water skiing...I might be too old now though...don't want to limp for a week afterwards.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

I can see the end of the skiing trip now. "Hear lays Means, and here, and here, and there's a little bit over there."
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The closest towns to where I will be spending the most of my time are Port Carling and Bracebridge, Ontario (Muskoka area). I will be spending a couple days in Grafton, Ontario and a couple days in Montreal, Quebec as well. Mostly slow...sitting and drinking close to the water...nothing too exciting. Except maybe a few fast boat rides...if I feel like living on the edge I might even do some water skiing...I might be too old now though...don't want to limp for a week afterwards.
    Drat. I'm off in flat boring Manitoba, can't see ya at Draconcon was thinking maybe if you were near my city I could come stalk you or something
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Drat. I'm off in flat boring Manitoba, can't see ya at Draconcon was thinking maybe if you were near my city I could come stalk you or something
    My ex (we were together for 3.5 years and this is ancient history) was from Portage La Prairie...I spent 3 weeks there once in the summer. I wasn't too sad when it didn't work out as she actually wanted to live there.

Too bad you can't make it to the DragonCon thing..this will be my first. Famine has been working hard to arrange a good party. Apparently he has managed to get Felicia Day (www.watchtheguild.com) to make an appearance (I think I might have been the only one who didn't know who she was...I've seen the whole series now and am suitably impressed.)...and he has had an AO shop terminal actually made for the event...AND apparently there will be BEER. Either way I know I am looking forward to it.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by technogen View Post
    i can see the end of the skiing trip now. "hear lays means, and here, and here, and there's a little bit over there."

:d :d

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Quote Originally Posted by technogen View Post
    i can see the end of the skiing trip now. "hear lays means, and here, and here, and there's a little bit over there."

:d

THIS IS SPARTA!!

omg lol what i did

THIS IS SPARTA!!

Funcom employee

DragonCon this year is going to be epic - I'm predicting partying on a legendary scale. And yes, I will be dragging Means to the karaoke bar.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    DragonCon this year is going to be epic - I'm predicting partying on a legendary scale. And yes, I will be dragging Means to the karaoke bar.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

not again.... again!

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

As for the reworked Nanomage head, looks good. Looks like the artists got the point after the bruhaha over the Opifex head. Not remake from scratch, but simply tweak and polish up the heads.
    I am Dagget

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast