Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raidforce Teams

Raidforce Teams

I want a new type of team that holds up to about 40 or 50 people, it works like a normal team except that exp is nerfed down to like 10% normal.
    Discuss.
    Hailing from Kirkland Washington
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

I want phatz.

Seriously, though, the first issue I see with this is team heals/perks/buffs. Major imbalance if you only need one doc with a kick-ass team heal.
    Moonleg, 220 Adventurer and never levelling again!
    Fixored, 167 gridrunner
    Lunarblade, 94 honorable keeper.
    Lavan, 115 pretty-boy doctor that needs more levels.
    Moonatic, 117 tinkerer of gizmos.
    Fortehwin, 211 shadow-creeper. With glowsticks.
    Ammoonium, 108 NT gimpz0r.
    Dingbot, 100 XP-stick.
    Runalot,169 freexer.
    Horsehumper, 36 hor ... I mean, fist-fighter.
    Debuff, 46 wrangle-giver.

Thats true I suppose, however there arent really a lot of good endgame team heals aside from alpha and omega. Aside from that i cant really think of any good reason why this shouldent be implemented.
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

There could be a raid group consisting of 5 teams that link via a raid recruit, docs could then choose to heal the subgroup taking damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonleg
    I want phatz.

Seriously, though, the first issue I see with this is team heals/perks/buffs. Major imbalance if you only need one doc with a kick-ass team heal.
    You do realize that doc who hits team heal to heal 40-50 people will be dead the very next moment...
    As for AoE heal perks they work this way today, they heal all friendly targets in area of effect regardless if they are teamed with doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker
    Thats true I suppose, however there arent really a lot of good endgame team heals aside from alpha and omega. Aside from that i cant really think of any good reason why this shouldent be implemented.
    omg ... the aggro in SL from Alpha & Omega * 50 people in team ... lol ... "Team: HEAL ME!" "Doc: done" ... "Doc: dead"
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

This sounds uber. I hate getting in apf and being in a small team or a low damage team. Plus this would solve the trinity problem RK2 is experiencing.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Well, it's not just docs team heal. The various other team effects, keeper, soldier, engi, crat, traders auras etc.

While I do think a raid system would be nice, handling it as one big team I'm not so sure about. Also have issues with loot, adding players to the team(as no one can be fighting) etc(I'm sure there are more, but it's to damn early to think about it ).

Well aside from soldier and I think some of the engie buffs, the rest have a range limit.
    Gee...another expansion that I'm not interested in...maybe it's a hint? O.o

Eeky: Cz how much beer would I have to provide to you, to have you water balloon the people responsible for last patch?

Cz: I would never consider such a horrible proposal! (I'll have my people contact your people.)

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker
    Thats true I suppose, however there arent really a lot of good endgame team heals aside from alpha and omega. Aside from that i cant really think of any good reason why...
    maybe its just because I'm completly wasted, but I failt to see the relation of doc heals having to do with large raid force teams..? Docs have the best/most fun end game because they absolutly required at everything.. no docs = no raid.
    ... this shouldent be implemented.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

This game seriously lacks "raid" as part of game mechanics.
    1 team following the raidforce should not have the loot at the end, because the "raid" has 10 times more people and should OD them. Lootrights should be given per "raidforce" not per team.

I would like to see this and all the problems that are being griped about could be fixed like this:

all xp gained is divided equally among teams. If a person in a team would normally get 10k xp from a mob and was in a raidforce of 2 teams, 5k xp for him then.

Lootrights can be set from "Cycling" to "Everyone" to "Raidleader Only", and after that it boils down to individual team loot settings.

All team effects stay within the team, not the raidforce. No Alpha and Omega CH'ing 52 people at once.

The raidforce gets a little window (should they choose to keep it up) showing everyone's name health and nano and allowing doctors to quickselect those with low health for healing, thus ensuring that if a team doesn't get a doc they're still not completely hosed.

and huzzah! You have an effective raidforce thingy
    Chronicles of the AI Nub: The AI Conspiracy

Proud Sequel to Chronicles of the Hecknoobs: The Nerfbat Anthology, which is the proud sequal to Misson Impossible Four, which have probably been the least noteworthy stories on the planet since Paris Hilton's arrest.

And finally, we're proud to announce that there is NO Tom Cruisery in any story.

Or yeah, you could copy WoW's setup.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    (quote about shouldnt be implemented)
    Well said.
    I win
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post

What about this little nano? I almost always use this as a team heal. Good heals, fast recharge, fairly low ncu cost. A&O has very few uses, although occasionally it does come in handy.

I really don't see the point of a 50 man team. We have the RI for that.
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

Quote Originally Posted by AryannaCK View Post
    What about this little nano? I almost always use this as a team heal. Good heals, fast recharge, fairly low ncu cost. A&O has very few uses, although occasionally it does come in handy.

I really don't see the point of a 50 man team. We have the RI for that.
    That nano didnt exist when i made that post :P
    This suggestion was FOR the RI.
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

lmao...ffs, necro much? XD

eh, gz on the win, btw. :P
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    I win
    Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    Congrats.
    Tytyty.
    Enfraam 217/21 NT
    10,000 levels

50 man raidforce.... Zeemedic heals all of Rimor for 4,850
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast