Thread: Omni-Pol Man-Hunt = another blackmailing

Omni-Pol Man-Hunt = another blackmailing

Just because CoT cannot defend itself due to unknown circumstance doesn't mean they are guilty... This whole thing is just another attempt by the Omni-Tek to split the Clan Unity, and the Clans shall overcome this terrible time. CoT shall rise once again.

Blackmail? Hmm not quite.

Attempts to discern the identity of those threatening RubiKa's hopes for peace and stability? Yes.

It is unforunate that the Council of Truth is for whatever reason unable to communicate. Radiman proved quite reasonable and the dissipation of the Council of Truth does not benefit Omni-Tek in any manner. With the Council of Truth's disappearance, ICC will undoubtily increase it's own presence here on Rubi-Ka to attempt to 'keep the peace'.

Do you think we really want to have a full-scale war on Rubi-Ka? Even if you believe we hold life in such a callous state of disregard, the finacial cost of a full deployment is a non-trivial ammount. Then there's also the damage caused by such actions. After all the money and effort we have put forth to make Rubi-Ka as inhabitable as it is now, do you really think we WANT to see it reverted to a mere notum cloud?

While I'm not too surprised at the belief and irrational logic often used by clans, I am surprised that you feel it would be better for the Dust Brigade to roam free and financed. It is no secret that they deemed even the clans their enemy as part of the supposed 'betrayl' in the Tir Accord. How many were killed just a few monthes ago by Dust Brigade commandos who had decided to wreck havoc at the Tir reclaim and insurance terminals?

I personally do hope that the incident with the Council of Truth is resolved soon, although it would not surprise me if the damage done by the Sentinels and other clans who refused to join the Council of Truth or even those who sided with the Council of Ares has done far too much damage to any sort of Clan Unity in the future.

Currently, we have yet to see the actual release of the so-called evidence of CoT crimes. All we have is words coming from Omni-Pol, but nothing more. Before any "real" evidence be revealed to light, and being confirmed its validity by Neutral representives or the ICC, OT has no right to arrest any Council Members.

OT has every right to arrest those suspect of causing murder, mayhem and destruction. They exploded a bomb in OT territory, not clan territory. If CoT is innocent then they should emerge from hiding and accept to a trial. But the fact that will not succumb to a fair and impartial trial, proves that they in the very least know something about the DB that they did not wish to reveal to OT. Which makes them accomplices to acts of terrorism.

There guilty until proven innocent with there blatant disregard to the demands of OT. But i wouldn't expect a clan member to understand or respect the law.

It is not the CoT that is hunted by Omni-Tek, but Secretary Spiva and Secretary Solari. The reason for CoT's disappearance should not be blamed on Omni-Tek as I have heard many clan rebels do. The clanners themselves are responsible for that.

With that I am not saying that I don't suspect the at least parts of the CoT leadership were aware of what two of their high ranked secretaries did.

Where is the CoT, and the secretaries?

Hmmm clan unity........

an interesting thought.

Also a pipedream, like any social collective you have the pacifists and the warmongers. Just because you all wanted out of omni leadership in itself does not make you united.

Why?

Well you achieved independance, and that was when it all started going down the pan. Like so many other 'rebellions' you didnt look beyond the 'conflict' to what you would do once you had suceeded. You were no more united than all the runners who all wish to finish the race.

Well you suceeded in freeing yourselves on Omni-Tek. Fought amongst yourselves and lost that freedom (no more Tir accord people).

Look where clan unity has landed you, right back where you started.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Firstly, suspects does not equal criminal. Before Omni-Pol release the actual criminal evidence, the 2 council members should not be considered criminal.
    Also, not only once did the CoT propose the questioning be held via a secure Grid link, however, Omni-Pol turned it down.

The fact that they are hiding and on the run from the law makes them criminal. A trial by grid-link? That's a joke. So if they are found guilty they'll just 'give' themselves up? Please...you clanners are all the same. A mish mash collection of genetic garbage. And now they want to sign a peace agreement? I'm begining to wonder as to where certain Omni-Tek's employee's allegiances are. Sign a peace agreement with the Devil? The clans would only exploit this and stab a big rusty knife in our backs the first chance they get.

Forget this peace agreement B.S. Let's push more for ICC to lift the sanctions from us so we can freely march across Rubi-Ka and exterminate these vermins.

For the last time: We do not know if the Council had any knowledge of this for sure. There is ZERO public accusation that the Council itself is directly involved in this. What we do know is that two of their very high-ranking officials have been accused of channeling money towards the Dust Brigade, and that the Council itself is only wanted for questioning.

The offer to question suspects via secure Grid feed WITH supervision on both sides was just that, an offer. These two secretaries were apparantly so important to day-to-day affairs that the Council didn't think they could do without them.

There is plenty of circumstantial evidence, sure, but you want to slaughter thousands, if not millions, of innocent people on the basis of what can be dismissed as a rumor Iceman. Think before you strike out like that.

Cool About peacetalks and ceasefires

*Quietly meditating in preparation for the coming war*

"There is plenty of circumstantial evidence, sure, but you want to slaughter thousands, if not millions, of innocent people on the basis of what can be dismissed as a rumor Iceman. Think before you strike out like that."

Innocent people? What in the hell are you talking about you tree lovin' hippy? Innocent people are those loyal Omni-Tek employee's and citizens that give 110% of themselves to better not only themselves but the world around them and strengthen OT and Rubi-Ka alike. The clan do the exact oposite. There has been no progress on Rubi-Ka ever since the clan's began there uprising. I think there is plenty of evidence already for us to hang every last clanner from a tree by his intestines. This is only the icing on the cake. We've been kept on a leash by ICC for too long. Time to bring the orbital bombarders and level every clan inhabited area. Then, once that is done. We rebuild...and make a paradise once more as it was in the begining. The atrox mining the notum, the galactic economy thriving, the planet buying urbanized further...ah, beautiful.

I knew the clans would slip up eventually...this DB business was exactly what was needed. In my opinion, humble as it is, i say trial over. Get to the execution of the filthy traitors.

Habeus Corpus and all that. You have to provide evidence before you can incarcerate someone.

Likewise you have to show that a crime was even committed before labeling someone a suspect.

We have not been shown either evidence of a crime or indications that these two people were involved. Really sloppy PR by Omni-Tek in this matter.

'He said, she said' don't hold up in a court of law. Civilization has grown to the point where we don't just make up allegations and send out lynch MOB's anymore. I would hope we at least are at that point still in the 30th century.

Doesn't "hiding and running" just make you...

'wanted' by the law? Don't you actually have to be tried and found guilty to be a "criminal"? Oh, I forget, this IS OT we're talking about...there is no real justice.

And if all clanners are "genetic garbage", and more than a few clanners USED to be Omni, then weren't they "genetic garbage" while they were Omni? Doesn't that bring into question the genetic 'value' of Omni as well? I don't think the act of becoming Clan would alter your genetic makeup...

This is poor political rhetoric by an angry and petty man. Tell us please; do your frustrations truely come form the existance of the Clans? Or, perhaps, they are deeply-rooted frustrations over your lack of Freedom as an OT-owned citizen? And, your lack of decisiveness to take your life into your own hands and claim the Freedom to which each of us has inalienable rights? Hmmmm?

Originally posted by Iceman
    The fact that they are hiding and on the run from the law makes them criminal. A trial by grid-link? That's a joke. So if they are found guilty they'll just 'give' themselves up? Please...you clanners are all the same. A mish mash collection of genetic garbage. And now they want to sign a peace agreement? I'm begining to wonder as to where certain Omni-Tek's employee's allegiances are. Sign a peace agreement with the Devil? The clans would only exploit this and stab a big rusty knife in our backs the first chance they get.

Forget this peace agreement B.S. Let's push more for ICC to lift the sanctions from us so we can freely march across Rubi-Ka and exterminate these vermins.

It looks like he's roleplaying the typical Stormtrooper evil empire dude role. At least most of the rhetoric is the easy to grasp stuff. You know 'we keep you safe', 'dirty clanner', etc., etc.

Pretty easy to get a handle on how to roleplay that. Funcom even helps ya with all the slogans and whatnot. Works both ways, mind you.

But, I think it was just some roleplay on his part. Not a discussion of the story or anything. So he should be forgiven.

"'wanted' by the law? Don't you actually have to be tried and found guilty to be a "criminal"? Oh, I forget, this IS OT we're talking about...there is no real justice.

And if all clanners are "genetic garbage", and more than a few clanners USED to be Omni, then weren't they "genetic garbage" while they were Omni? Doesn't that bring into question the genetic 'value' of Omni as well? I don't think the act of becoming Clan would alter your genetic makeup...

This is poor political rhetoric by an angry and petty man. Tell us please; do your frustrations truely come form the existance of the Clans? Or, perhaps, they are deeply-rooted frustrations over your lack of Freedom as an OT-owned citizen? And, your lack of decisiveness to take your life into your own hands and claim the Freedom to which each of us has inalienable rights? Hmmmm?"

A clanner speaking about law? Every day you breath you break the law. We are the law you silly ignorant backwater clan hick. The traitor's who join your your ranks were obviously a genetic defect that slipped under our noses. All of the defectors OT records show they never had the makings of a superior breed. Good riddence to bad rubbish.

Your entire statement shows how little you know, child. My life is in my hands. No one forces me to do anything i don't want to do. I am not a mindless soldier with red in my eyes and blood on my lips. I believe in the ideals of Omni-Tek, i believe in the righteousness of there actions and i believe that we are the greater good and act in the interest of the benefit of all OT citizens. I chose on which side of the line i wish to stand on, and the air i breath is more free and pure than anything your poluted lungs could inhale.

I have taken my life into my own hands. And i have chosen my path. You speak of laws and rights...yet you've done nothing but violate those same laws and rights. You've thrown away your humanity to behave like an animal, and then are surprised when you are treated like one. I am not a frustrated or manipulated person. I fully chose to dedicate the rest of my existence to make sure that the next generation will only read about the clan in textbooks...and shortly after not speak of them at all.

I choose to be here as you choose to be there. Sooner or later the line that seperates us will fade...and then history will be written by the winner. You have no hope, you have no chance, and the sands of the hourglass are slowly begining to fade. Let's get one thing straight, you are the evil that needs to be purged. I'm not saying there's a halo above my head, as we'll both probably share a seat at the barbecue in hell...but i've made peace with that. Fight fire with fire...we'll all burn so the next generation can blossom.

To quote an ancient song..."Give me fuel give me fire give me that which i desire". If Rubi-Ka has to burn to the ground before it can be rebuilt, then so be it. That price is acceptable if it get's rid of you and your filthy kind. Until that day...we can sit back with a drink and a cigarette and exchange this endless Rhetoric back and forth. By the way, do you have a light? I can't find my matches...

((ooc: And yes, i am roleplaying. Not a typical strom trooper, but a soldier who finds the idea of peace to scare him. What would he do then? What does society do with there soldiers when there is no more use for them? So he's coming to terms with the idea that he'll burn in hell for his actions. While there is a war, he's got meaning and purpose. Imagine if you woke up one day and had absolutly no reason to get out of bed. If you were just a 'thing'. If every waking day was the worst day of your life. That's what my toon thinks his life would become if a time of peace came along. I'm not playin' him right just yet, but give me a while. I'm getting a feeling for his mentality slowly.

Oh and please don't use this knowledge in character. Otherwise it would ruin the whole fun of it. This is just so peeps know i'm not a psychopath with a can of fuel in one hand and a match in the other while reading "the life and times of Hitler". I'm just having some fun Rping...so no ill will ya'll.))