Thread: Regarding the LLTS nerf: speaking of all AO players

Unhappy Regarding the LLTS nerf: speaking of all AO players

Cz: I hope what I am writing to you goes beyond you, your supervisors and possibly to the CEO of Funcom.

You guys have made very successful come back after initial release with bugs and I give you my humble gratitude. I love playing AO and despite the nerfs, I force myself to look forward to the possible future patches that may bring about good news.

However, if I may get to the point:
    You will never be as successful as some of the multi-player games if you continues to do MAJOR changes [and I mean dramatic stuffs like this for example] to the game structure that effect hundreds of players if not thousands.

Take it like this, we are your meal ticket and we are the reason you guys still doing okay. You can not make us all happy but with enough brains power at your HQ, I am sure you can keep the game stable [I don't mean bugs, I meant the game play/life in AO] and do creative but gradual changes.

I am not sure if you are getting hundreds of new players after each patch but I am sure you are losing fifty to one hundred players every time you change something as big as this.

Cz, personally I give you credit for putting up with our craps but you guys really need to think about this [the part “to ensure that it stays as valuable as it is now,”] as you may very well lose another customer like myself and when I do go, I don't go alone....as there are others that share my point of view. Post up a poll on how many people like this idea and how many doesn't and see for yourself! (Even put an option on how many people leaving AO just because of this.)

As for your "Recruit a friend program," my question is...doesn't really work when you keep losing players?

Markt
    Advisor of Rebels

Heck, at this point I wouldn't even recruit an enemy. I can't think of anyone I dislike so much that I'd put them on this nerf rollercoaster.

Jeez, I must be the only freaking person out here who doesn't give a ****.

Could be, Shub. Even I'm pretty peeved over this one - it's sloppiness, imho..

But your neutrality is refreshing

--K

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    Jeez, I must be the only freaking person out here who doesn't give a ****.
    LoL Shub. If you're talkin about the scope nerf, then no...you aren't the only one cause I don't give a rats ass either.
    .: Naraya :.

well done Markt
    bump bumpbump !!!!

Hmm

" speaking of all AO players "

I dont care for a second about the so called nerf, but I'm really bothered about all the whiners on the boards..
    why has FC done so many changes to this game?
    because of all the ID-10t 's whining...

I say, NERF WHINERS!

Sure, its ok to complain and make your point known, but some of the posts regarding the LLTS is.. well...

Some pepole play the game at the easiest setting to feel uber, others want to have a challenge and have fun....
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

The only reason I play AO now is to get my doc to wear her 15% llts so she can pvp with her ithaca (crit or die weapon). If you nerf LLTS down to 8%, she will have to go for a completely different weapon, gotta spent several IPR points etc, and new implants also so she can use X-3 instead.

Which I doubt I will bother with. I will wait until next patch and see what happens, but I got a bad feeling about it, can't say I've had many pleasant experiences with Funcom in the past.

If they are nerfed I think I'm gonna quit, played this game too long to be worth it anymore then, 2 friends of mine will quit if I quit also. I know you don't care about that Funcom, but just had to say it.

you are not speaking for all players and i don't know why you think you are.

hmm i think funcom left the /ignore on for quite some time

Arrow Go ahead, keep "not caring"

First they nerfed the Fixers and I did not speak out — because I was not a Fixer.

Then they nerfed the Meta-Physicists
    and I did not speak out — because I was not a Meta-Physicist.

Then they nerfed the Traders
    and I did not speak out — because I was not a Trader.

Then they nerfed the Engineer
    and I did not speak out — because I was not an Engineer.

Then they nerfed the Bureaucrat
    and I did not speak out — because I was not a Bureaucrat.

Then they nerfed the Soldier
    and I did not speak out — because I was not a Soldier.

Then they nerfed the Doctors
    and I did not speak out — because I was not a Doctor.

Then they nerfed the Enforcers
    and I did not speak out — because I was not an Enforcer.

Then they nerfed the Martial Artists
    and I did not speak out — because I was not a Martial Artist.

Then they nerfed the Nano-Technicians
    and I did not speak out — because I was not a Nano-Technician.

Then they nerfed the Agents
    and I did not speak out — because I was not an Agent.

Then they nerfed the Adventurers
    and I did not speak out — because I was not an Adventurer.

Then they came for me —
    and by then there was no one left.

-modified from Martin Niemoller

Attention narrow-minded single-class nerfmongering trolls: (you don't know who you are, but everyone else does)
    For it to fit inside your tunnel of vision, you must first remove "your profession" (yeah, like you own it) from the list.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Very powerful words Mercatura.

Personally, a LLTS nerf would help me because even though I have a ql190+ one I rely on guns with more stable damage. However, I don't believe its fair when very valuable items such as this one are partially destroyed due to whatever the devs are thinking. (Im relying on Cz to get us an answer soon ) If they lower the crit to 8% and remove the init penalty I will be quite happy, but I still do not agree with the concept of taking an item that is used for a specific purpose and is rare and valuable and changing its purpose and saying that it is just as good as it was before. I hope more information will be brought to our attention soon so we can realize the scope of the nerf on gameplay in the game that has become a part of my life.

~Streaz
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Re: Go ahead, keep "not caring"

Originally posted by Mercatura
    First they nerfed the Fixers and I did not speak out — because I was not a Fixer.

Then they nerfed the Meta-Physicists
    and I did not speak out — because I was not a Meta-Physicist.

..... blah blah

Attention narrow-minded single-class nerfmongering trolls: (you don't know who you are, but everyone else does)
    For it to fit inside your tunnel of vision, you must first remove "your profession" (yeah, like you own it) from the list.
    would a full ipr and 1 mill per ql of the scope appease you?

seriously if people were willing to pay 250 millions for an old scope over a new scope they obviously thought it was ALOT better then the scopes currently in game.

diablo2 leaving old items in pissed off alot more people then it kept happy. if you as a non hardcore gamer cannot get a certain item that drastically affects gameplay (read is over the top) what would be the point of starting the game?

the only mistake funcom made was not nerfing the scopes right away and offering an ipr to clean the slate.

oe is gone. critical hits are largely gone.

maybe now they can get back to designing challenges instead of boredom.

think about it - a fight is not more interesting or challenging because it is long, yet if you have people oed or critting like mad you have to either increase the armor of the opponents or give them more health.

think about it - aos database is highly messed up on alot of the weapons, only a handfull of each weapon type are worth the ammo it takes to even load them.

think about it - everybody running around in the same armor and using 3-5 guns IN TOTAL FROM ALL WEAPON TYPES is boring.

having to rely on and building your character around items so he can compete is usually not a very smart long term move.

as long as such drastic game play changes are followed with some sort of compensation in the form of skill sellbacks i salute the developers for it
    (to elaborate: players tend to focus on the value of items and skills as of NOW since they cannot know how the game dynamics will change in the future. investing alot of time and love into your toon to see it destroyed and be told to reroll pisses people off. offering reskill points to get back the time spend still annoys them but keeps the level minded people in game).
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Re: Re: Go ahead, keep "not caring"

Originally posted by Blackwing

as long as such drastic game play changes are followed with some sort of compensation in the form of skill sellbacks i salute the developers for it
    Well, this is a novel approach in the environment in which we play, but perhaps preceeding drastic game play changes with some sort of viable alternative would be worth saluting. If there were reasonable alternatives now, people wouldn't be paying that much for old items, would they? They'd be making more choices.

I don't see how this increases choices at all. What I see is that crit dependent weapons are basically going to be useless going forward. I'd expect to see even more X-3's than I do now. An increase in variety of effective weapons should be introduced before removing the utility of others. There's always been a large array of options, but, sadly, the bulk of those are not now, nor have they ever been, effective.

If they must nerf (and really, that should always be the last, not the first choice), they should only do it after 'compensation' is established.