Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Application Form

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Means doesn't see the insult that those 201+ neutral>sided forms really are. At 201+, you make a commitment to your faction. When neutral ask for the gap to be shrunk between sided and neutral, they aren't suggesting that they want to change side. They want to be treated fairly.
    In your quest to redefine the game, youre missing some simple facts.

Neutrals aren't a faction, they're individuals who choose not to serve Omni, but also choose not to fight them. Let me repeat that, you choose not to fight. If you want to fight both sides, youre just another clanner, albeit one with poor political skills. Anyone that wants to claim a piece of RK is necessarily going against omni (since they own RK), and isn't neutral anymore. The fact that theyre concentrating on the clans at the moment is irrelevant. If they win, they will turn on the neuts next. This was how the game devs have seen neuts since game launch, and it shouldn't change just because youre confused.

If you really want to be treated fairly, neuts should be locked to one side (clan or omni) the first time they team with one or the other for xp, travel freely thru a sided city, fight on the BS, use a garden key, or kill a dreadloch boss. Treated fairly doesnt mean twice as many options with no drawbacks.

By introducing the form, FC is saying "we don't honor your commitment because you are neutral, despite you being a human like every other player".

It's a slap in the face to neutral, but the cool thing is that karma is one mean mutha.
    How about all us fools that actually picked a side, we were supposed to get advantages for limiting our choices, instead we're now second class citizens with half the options neuts have.

Means only halfway fixed the neutral option with his 221 neut forms, the rest of the fix is to bar neuts from notum wars, bs, dreadloch bosses, and sided gardens, none of which they should ever have had access to, being a temporary nonfaction for new players to dwell in while they made their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailana View Post
    In your quest to redefine the game, youre missing some simple facts.

Neutrals aren't a faction, they're individuals who choose not to serve Omni, but also choose not to fight them. Let me repeat that, you choose not to fight.
    That's where I stopped reading. When you get your facts right, come back and then whine about neutrals.

Bump for Omni/Clan to Neut forms

Change all tokens (1 per) into tissues so they can all BAWWW on forums and never shut up.

Your fault you didn't pick a side.. SUCK IT UP

Or call a GM.. they can change your side..
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Quote Originally Posted by tacoleet View Post
    Bump for Omni/Clan to Neut forms

Change all tokens (1 per) into tissues so they can all BAWWW on forums and never shut up.

Your fault you didn't pick a side.. SUCK IT UP

Or call a GM.. they can change your side..
    You may wish to make an attempt at making sense before you speak that nonesense.

You just suggested that neutral shouldn't whine about being neutral and yet it's ok for omni/clan to go neutral? Retarded.

Bump.

Saying "you can go clan and you can go omni, but you can never decide to leave the world of factions behind" is quite weak. Players are soon no longer locked to clan or omni anymore, which means any arguments about a "decision" are invalid.

"You have to help Clan or Omni, we don't care which but you have to." Appeal to the RPers and people wanting to get away from the politics, let people do what they would in many other situations and choose neutral.

*Bump*

There is plenty of people that have a sided toon but want it to be neutral. There is no reason that it doesn't exist, except simply disliking Neutrals. The only counter-arguments I heard only were essentially saying "I love my own faction". Which is great. Just a little sad they want other people to think exactly like them. I love my faction too, it just is a different one.

More discussion/constructive arguments/approvals/... please
    Last edited by EdtaatdE; Oct 23rd, 2009 at 21:32:43.

I guess neutrals could be called the "Others" mercenaries, citizens, bounty hunters, et cetera. Nothing stopping them claiming towers out of self interest an profit, they don't need to do it to beat Omni or enrich it.

Also nothing stopping them banding together and behaving like a faction.
    Please make androgynous Atroxes. (Yes, Jen, this is you main sl00b account, (since you can't tell toons from acc page but can see forum name))
    Make opifex ears more pointy in the new engine.
    Venachar: Taking feedback from this forum would be like starting a bottled water company, sourced from Chernobyl.

/signed

Makes sense and have wondered why you could go omni/clan but not back to neutral...to those who would support the sided gear thing may I point out you could flop from Omni to Clan with omni stuff on?

That's where I stopped reading. When you get your facts right, come back and then whine about neutrals.
    This...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Technically yea Neutrals are suppose be those who choose to stay out of the fight. TheNeutral rep on noob island tells you that. Neutrals aren't a faction in the same sense as the Omni & clan they are orgs and people who choose to stay out of the war between the Omni & clan. Or thats what they are suppose to be, again according the Neutral rep on noob island, not to say their isn't smaller factions that are neutral. From the RP standpoint. Although I completely disagree with the notion that players should remain locked to their initial choices. Though from a RP stance, I agree that if neutrals want to remain free they gonna have to defend themselves from the victor of the Omni & Clan war.

How about just being able to switch to all sides whenever, post 200 or not.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

./bump for "I quit!" forms.
    Sheffsam (200/0 Agent) - Drsheffsam (200/0 Doc) - Sheffsammy (180/0 NT) - Sheffs (160/14 Doc) - Sheffie (140/0 Trader)
    RK2 Neutral.

Means doesn't see the insult that those 201+ neutral>sided forms really are. At 201+, you make a commitment to your faction. When neutral ask for the gap to be shrunk between sided and neutral, they aren't suggesting that they want to change side. They want to be treated fairly.
    The funny thing is, we aren't even asking for the gap to be shrunk--we're asking Funcom to quit expanding it with every major patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    The funny thing is, we aren't even asking for the gap to be shrunk--we're asking Funcom to quit expanding it with every major patch.
    This...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Time for a bump!
    Cut the factionism already or give a good reason for not implementing this!
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

If at all, it should only be possible by doing a long and tedious quest that takes 30 days to complete and you can only do one step a day.

Otherwise it would be stupid, as the main factor that going back to neutral is impossible, is that you can level quite faster and better being sided, you get lots of more XP bonuses (sided xp, doesn't sound much per mob, but add up how much of your side XP is responsible for all your levels from 1 to 199).

If you choose to go neutral through the game, you take the hard road, there is no handholding, no extras, no superweapons (or some of those sided nanos) that help you to your way from 1 to 220.

With all the tokenboard help you get, you can equip a lot better at lower levels, get better equip, level faster up to 199. If you would then be able to switch sides... well that would be deserting.

I think the quest should be a lot of running around to places where even the fixergrid can't take you fast, kill mobs that are three times as strong as you, and which you HAVE to kill solo. One step a day, for 30 days (of course you can take like... 7 day's off between the steps because I know not everyone can play AO every day.) and within that time you can't level up, or you'll have to start from scratch.

And as a cherry topping, pay like 200m creds just to be allowed to take the quest and a 356 day side lock.

Then, and only then would I ever consider letting Clomnis switch to neutral.

Hmm, I see your point and it actually is the best reason so far. At the other hand: you use the disadvantages of neutrals to defend another disadvantage for neutrals. I don't think neutral should only be about disadvantages :P.

If you make the mistake to go clomni at low level and only realize this later, you should be able to correct it.

Besides, what's wrong with doing other stuff at different levels? Soldiers for example might use another weapon type on different levels. Since that means they can use better weapons, they gain more xp. Do they have to do a heavy quest to compensate for this xp? No, they can just do an IP reset.

Also: you seem to forget neutrals also have some advantages for leveling. They can get everywhere more easily, they get xp from sided mobs (eg Omni doesn't get xp from Ninja Droids in Wine) and don't get auto-attacked by them (eg Clans get attacked by Ninja Droids in Wine :P), access to both Gardens, ...

Anyway, I don't think a quest is necessary, especially not such a crazy one as yours. I wouldn't mind a small quest to partially compensate for the small advantages you had by this route, but I think that just means extra unnecessary work for the team.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Quote Originally Posted by EdtaatdE View Post
    Hmm, I see your point and it actually is the best reason so far.
    Thanks.

At the other hand: you use the disadvantages of neutrals to defend another disadvantage for neutrals. I don't think neutral should only be about disadvantages :P.
    I didn't mean to show it as disadvantage. It's the challenge, the challenge to actually play Neutral straightforward. Without the help you get as clomni.

I play neutral not only because I am loyal and a patriot to them, but because it's fun! I like having to think sideways sometimes to find that one extra item to help you equip something that you could just equip easy if you had a tokenboard (or other stuff).

It's no disadvantage, it's the elite faction :-)

If you make the mistake to go clomni at low level and only realize this later, you should be able to correct it.
    exactly, but you have to prove that you really want to become neutral, thats why the quest is so tedious.

If I would ever for some reason (drugged, at gunpoint) switch my neut toon to clomni, then I would do everything I said above just to get back to neutral. I absolutely would.

Besides, what's wrong with doing other stuff at different levels? Soldiers for example might use another weapon type on different levels. Since that means they can use better weapons, they gain more xp. Do they have to do a heavy quest to compensate for this xp? No, they can just do an IP reset.
    Yes, but everyone has that option. But there are some sided weapons and armor that give you an advantage over neutrals. You do your levels from 1 to 199 the easy way and then just switch to the neutral faction where leveling is harder? Nuh-uh I don't think so, if you really want to become neutral because you NEED to, because the only other choice would be to delete your toon, please go ahead and proove it by doing the quest, if not, then you probably only wanted to go exploit the bonuses and then go sit on the fence.

Also: you seem to forget neutrals also have some advantages for leveling. They can get everywhere more easily, they get xp from sided mobs (eg Omni doesn't get xp from Ninja Droids in Wine) and don't get auto-attacked by them (eg Clans get attacked by Ninja Droids in Wine :P), access to both Gardens, ...
    Point taken.

Anyway, I don't think a quest is necessary, especially not such a crazy one as yours. I wouldn't mind a small quest to partially compensate for the small advantages you had by this route, but I think that just means extra unnecessary work for the team.
    Well, the quest can be shorter, 14 days perhaps, but I'd still stand by the "One step a day" rule. To make it forcibly tedious. I don't want those professional grinders be able to switch between sides once a day.

His facts are straight. I can confirm from the horses mouth himself that this is the truth as of approx 1 month ago this is still the current view toward Neutrals by Funcom corporate. They are Non-combatants and a mistake made by two Developers and Funcom is looking for ways to correct that mistake.. Deleting Neutrals is not an option so.. other ways must be found to encourage/discourage your side choice. Those things are coming soon. The 201+ Aps where just the beginning. Sided content is coming. However, having no item decent for a slot for any character is not cool so you were given a neck item before the next wave of gap restoring changes comes in. (By gap restoring changes I mean to before Neutrals got the gap closed soooo much in other ways)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    This...
    ... is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkline View Post
    Technically yea Neutrals are suppose be those who choose to stay out of the fight. TheNeutral rep on noob island tells you that. Neutrals aren't a faction in the same sense as the Omni & clan they are orgs and people who choose to stay out of the war between the Omni & clan. Or thats what they are suppose to be, again according the Neutral rep on noob island, not to say their isn't smaller factions that are neutral. From the RP standpoint. Although I completely disagree with the notion that players should remain locked to their initial choices. Though from a RP stance, I agree that if neutrals want to remain free they gonna have to defend themselves from the victor of the Omni & Clan war.
    This is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    This...
    ..is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brostalinox View Post
    If at all, it should only be possible by doing a long and tedious quest that takes 30 days to complete and you can only do one step a day.

Otherwise it would be stupid, as the main factor that going back to neutral is impossible, is that you can level quite faster and better being sided, you get lots of more XP bonuses (sided xp, doesn't sound much per mob, but add up how much of your side XP is responsible for all your levels from 1 to 199).

If you choose to go neutral through the game, you take the hard road, there is no handholding, no extras, no superweapons (or some of those sided nanos) that help you to your way from 1 to 220.

With all the tokenboard help you get, you can equip a lot better at lower levels, get better equip, level faster up to 199. If you would then be able to switch sides... well that would be deserting.

I think the quest should be a lot of running around to places where even the fixergrid can't take you fast, kill mobs that are three times as strong as you, and which you HAVE to kill solo. One step a day, for 30 days (of course you can take like... 7 day's off between the steps because I know not everyone can play AO every day.) and within that time you can't level up, or you'll have to start from scratch.

And as a cherry topping, pay like 200m creds just to be allowed to take the quest and a 356 day side lock.

Then, and only then would I ever consider letting Clomnis switch to neutral.
    I can bump this for the method to attain what the OP is asking for.

Just rename neutrals, do not give them any extra items, just let people go back to the renamed designator factional status, and be done with it.

Almost every argument against neutrals is the title. If it was maybe Unaligned or something, then wouldn't it make more sense to be able to become Unaligned again? Heck just make a 6 month lockout on changing back and you won't have any "quick changers" either

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast