Thread: Griefing Warrnet

Griefing Warrnet

If you are Clan, and use warrnet when fighting ota and the mercs, PLEASE do not grief the bidding system. On more than one occasion I have seen items rot because some wise guy decided to mess with the system. While it may seem funny at the time to bid a thousand points on junk, the results are usually not funny, particularly when it happens to items that only a few people want, such as the MP rubber armor.

Recently on a raid after killing Pat the rubber shirt droped, and several MPs, myself being one of them started bidding on the shirt. Then a fixer bid 76 points on the shirt, (im gonna assume he though it was the Azure breastplate) an item he definitly can not use nor need. He then went LD or something and couldnt retract his bid, causing the item to rot while others tried to restart the bid and figure out what went wrong.

While in this case I doubt he did this intentionally or with the intent to harm the MPs, the end result was at least one very ticked off MP (myself). (in almost 10 raids that was the only time I had seen the shirt drop)

While this latest bit of grief may not have been an instance of intentional griefing or joking around, I have on other days seen this sort of goofing off cause items such as azure boots and a helm rot. Please stop making shill bids, attempting to drive prices up and similar griefing, the only possible outcome is anger and pain.
    Sir, are you classified as Nanomage?

Negative, Im a notum popsicle.

How can you let Azure boots rot? dont you guys pick up all none-nodrop items? boots aint nodrop yah surely know.

Originally posted by Sneakerplmp
    How can you let Azure boots rot? dont you guys pick up all none-nodrop items? boots aint nodrop yah surely know.
    Yes but a lot of the people that camp warrnet are cam noobs or ebayers who got a lvl175+ char and don't know anything except from hearing "omg azure is teh uberest armor u suck without it" and so they go there with no idea what they're doing.

Note: Before the flames I don't mean everyone in warrnet, maybe 50-75%
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Kaiousama

Yes but a lot of the people that camp warrnet are cam noobs or ebayers who got a lvl175+ char and don't know anything except from hearing "omg azure is teh uberest armor u suck without it" and so they go there with no idea what they're doing.

Note: Before the flames I don't mean everyone in warrnet, maybe 50-75%
    Totally agree with this. I don't detest against noobs attending but the fact that many can't follow simple rules (such as max range, full def), attacking when Mercs arrive rather than let tank take aggro first, simply makes Mercs much more difficult than it should be (e.g. how often are clans successful with Ian as of late ).

As for those cam noobs, it'll make a big difference if:
    1) They try to look up "Help" on Warrnet to understand how Mercs work
    2) They use weapons and nanos they are capable of rather than using equipment still bought from shops (you can easily identify them when they buff you )

Being a doc means taking quite a bit of responsibility but like all of us, we are attending not only because of the uber loot but because we are needed. It goes beyond the line when an idiot decides to attack Mercs before the signal is given, gets killed and starts PMing us with insults for not healing them (one reason why myself and a few doc friends don't attend much. Forget the uber loot if we are expected to tolerate such behaviour).
    It probably adds more insult given that there are even some cases of people ninja'ing items lately. Where's the trust between us all? Rules state clearly that no one except those handling the bidding process and winners of bid should be close to the corpse yet there are idiots running near it or standing beside it. Intentions of ninja'ing items? It seems so since people don't want to show the patience in earning points (like those who use cams to gain XP ).

Time for a change imo. My 2 cents.
    /rant off

ETHERNAL, WHERE ARE J00?
    Last edited by Tzang; Jun 9th, 2003 at 09:06:13.

Kayl - Adventurer
    Niomay - Shade
    Barenn - Soldier <--- retired due to being extremely gimpy

8Proud members of Tiger Claw7

That sucks. omni doesnt seem to have these types of problems. Ive never heard of doc blame once in mercbot.(over 150+ raids) Not to say that that we are always successful either. When we screw up we know at least we tried and understand that things go wrong. Sometimes i feel like omni are a bit more mature than clanners in general in Rimor but thats a generalization u can make for yourself.
    Necrofiliak -200 NT

This thread takes me back to the day. If I'm not mistaken, it was a tuesday

darn necro's
    Solitus Enforcer - General of Divine Shadow NEUTRAL

Quote Originally Posted by _______________Tzang View Post
    It probably adds more insult given that there are even some cases of people ninja'ing items lately. Where's the trust between us all?
    Ninjoo?
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

Necromancy is bad.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM