Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maxed Skills - IP trouble

ok. 3350-3400 AE i will do screenshot for yu if yu want, its pistol eng with APEM and Onehander/
    Master Just ''Vasich'' Evil 220/30/68 opifex agent
    My equip
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=116237

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    phew

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiaan View Post
    If they are remod + have all possible aao and grenade gear they can probably perk easily. I don't think any engies (on rk1 at least) do this because it gimps a lot of other stats.

Edit: Ok maybe the one Vasich mentioned from MC I don't know who it is though. ;p
    Nemezyda?

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    Nemezyda?
    yes Srompu ^)
    Master Just ''Vasich'' Evil 220/30/68 opifex agent
    My equip
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=116237

Quote Originally Posted by torakx View Post
    to be honest i think this is all a pointless convo until we see what funcom do with the profession balancing.im going to hang on and wait before i play with my full ip reset.
    well this convo isnt useless i just mean u might want to be changing again afterwards.
    I'm scared to see what is gonna happen, my setup is NR2 friendly if I keep getting debuffed, while I cant TP i can buff TP buff, perk reset and go NR2 for one round of BS mind you but it is possible. By not maxing fling shot and conceal you have alot of ip to play with, not to mention if you do your nano stats just right. I had enough on my agent to get 1801 sharp object, 1200 Full Auto, 2500+ concealment, and 1k+ first aid. It took me 1 ipr and I think 14 individual skill resets to do though. Figure out what setup you wanna shoot for and stick with it.
    First on RK1 to see a girl naked.
    Sliceu 220/18 Shade (Opi)

Quote Originally Posted by Vasich View Post
    ok. 3350-3400 AE i will do screenshot for yu if yu want, its pistol eng with APEM and Onehander/
    Ohhh, I see where you're going. That's his normal AR, being, 100% pistol + 25% MechEngi + 100% AAO.. and indeed a very possible AR. I believe you there.

But the issue here is that Demolitions perks check 100% Grenade + 100% AAO, rather than the AR on your main weapon. Could you ask your friend how much of his 3.4k AR is Pistol, how much is MechEngi, and how much is AAO? And then also find out his Grenade skill?

Because Demolitions perks is what we're looking to evade as they are the nano drain. Pistol ones, mweh, not THAT urgent.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    I'm scared to see what is gonna happen, my setup is NR2 friendly if I keep getting debuffed, while I cant TP i can buff TP buff, perk reset and go NR2 for one round of BS mind you but it is possible. By not maxing fling shot and conceal you have alot of ip to play with, not to mention if you do your nano stats just right. I had enough on my agent to get 1801 sharp object, 1200 Full Auto, 2500+ concealment, and 1k+ first aid. It took me 1 ipr and I think 14 individual skill resets to do though. Figure out what setup you wanna shoot for and stick with it.
    Why do you need so much concealment? I have 2.2K with RoT4 and 0 ip

And yes! You can cast TP in Nr1 then perk NR2!!! I did it all the time!!! Then got ****ing tired of the swaping
    Agent Qualifications, Pvp League v2.0

Total
    Lupusceleri 4
    Apothis2 0
    Zeet 6
    Hexous 5
    Numavezi1 5

lol i gave up both nr perks when i left doc behind.dont need it now i dont have ch lolz

just shows you how f^ck*d up agents are that i can say that with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiaan View Post
    With KEC3 max AR is something like 2.6k for grenade I think, which won't perk an agent. You need all the grenade gear and a remod for the 3.4k Vasich mentions. (I think anyway correct me if I'm wrong.)
    I had 2.8k+ grenade AR with Kec3
    PST First "/Karstasbiatc" Bow and shield Engy

/tell Karstas for TS
    Prkele PVM and "Ill get my MAIN"

2.8k Grenade AR, that sounds like AR towers. Generally, triple implanting Grenade on Engineer gimps severely other stats (RE in eye, AS in hand) and most people wont do it, not in standard setup at least. But its quite easy to swap some combat tuners , Ofab Chest, some GoCs for duel with Agent. In open PvP most people wont have that kind of AR and if you work on your duck its perfectly possible to resist the nano drain.

And generally rapes everything out there. Including me.
    As if raping you was some sort of achievement. You wouldn't have idea how to set up against Engineer if it was my grandmother playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    As if raping you was some sort of achievement. You wouldn't have idea how to set up against Engineer if it was my grandmother playing it.
    For a good engineer, yes, it's easy to **** an agent. If you are having issues killing an agent with your engineer, I would suggest the problem lies with you. Here, I'll give you some hints on what's going wrong Nick:

Personally i don't even have demo perked
    my Grenade AR being in a toilet
    Then to answer your last concern Nick;
    If you died to Engineer on open playfield because your nano was drained, you're not doing it right.
    You don't stay out of range until forever, and you know it. Even though melee profs have real short range, they still get to use their perks. Because kiters have some more time to regain nano, you follow the Demo drain up with a Ring of Sister Merciless and that will get the agent almost every time. If the agent isn't expecting the engineer and so doesn't have NT buffs or setup ready for the nanodrain, you won't even have to follow up with Merciless.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

classic (self-)ownage

n1 lup

Lupu's making it into an art.

If you are having issues killing an agent with your engineer
    Never said i have. I'm simply running a build that's not set up to kill Agents. I don't expect to kill good Agent in PvP. Sometimes you have to sacrifice ability to kill one profession to get better at killing others: especially if that one is completely harmless and 90% of time will bail out and GTFO as soon as i'm in visual range.

I know you RK2ers have had weirdest concepts about PvP, but you should learn what specialization means.
    Then to answer your last concern Nick.
    You don't stay out of range until forever, and you know it. Even though melee profs have real short range, they still get to use their perks. Because kiters have some more time to regain nano, you follow the Demo drain up with a Ring of Sister Merciless and that will get the agent almost every time. If the agent isn't expecting the engineer and so doesn't have NT buffs or setup ready for the nanodrain, you won't even have to follow up with Merciless.
    Again, no. That's just another funny attempt at paper PvP. Agent can be set up in a way to never die against Engineer, ever. Specialization.

If you're not set up to survive Engineers, because you are either too lazy or too cluless to figure out how, or because you have other priorites, read my lips : boohoo.

If you're not set up to survive Engineers, because you are either too lazy or too cluless to figure out how, or because you have other priorites, read my lips : boohoo.
    Any agent that is setup to survive an Engineer has no resemblance of a chance to kill said Engineer. In fact, Lupus is talking about actually fighting the Engineer with the intention of killing them, whereas you Nick are talking about simply not dying. That most likely stems from the fact that Lupus is a practiced duelist, and you couldn't care less about duels.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    Any agent that is setup to survive an Engineer has no resemblance of a chance to kill said Engineer.
    Nope. Srompu killed me in duel without kiting and he is 219, perhaps you guys should ask him how.

In fact, Lupus is talking about actually fighting the Engineer with the intention of killing them, whereas you Nick are talking about simply not dying.
    That's not true, as above. But even if it was, if nobody is dying, than, er, what's exactly the problem?

That most likely stems from the fact that Lupus is a practiced duelist, and you couldn't care less about duels.
    He doesn't have any practice at all in duels against Engineer if he never even tried setting up properly. You're not going to know what is possible and what not if you're are dueling with a build that doesn't even make it possible to survive.

Agent can beat Engineer in a duel just fine. And yes, i'm fully aware it might require a build that would be impractical against every other possible opponent, but that's beside the point.

Never said i have. I'm simply running a build that's not set up to kill Agents. I don't expect to kill good Agent in PvP. Sometimes you have to sacrifice ability to kill one profession to get better at killing others: especially if that one is completely harmless and 90% of time will bail out and GTFO as soon as i'm in visual range.

I know you RK2ers have had weirdest concepts about PvP, but you should learn what specialization means.
    How very very weird. RK2 KEC3 engineers such as Karstasbiatc (pre-pistolero switch), have enough Grenade AR to perk any agent. Have the perks into Demolitions. And, you know what's the best part? They still are able to kill every other profession, too. With ease.

I rest my case, the problem here is you (or apparently, RK1 engineers in general) having the wrong setup/tactics - and not the agent setup'ing specifically to fight an engineer.

I'll agree that you are 100% correct when you say that an agent is completely harmless to a good engineer (and thus can usually be ignored, if they even bother).

Again, no. That's just another funny attempt at paper PvP. Agent can be set up in a way to never die against Engineer, ever. Specialization.
    Paper PvP? Not really. I've had several engineers pull the Demolitions+Merciless trick on me in actual, real PvP situations. In duels, but also at wars, tara, BS, you name it.

Survival.. yeah, I can do that. It's my agent's specialization to survive everything being thrown at me. If it's at all possible to survive something, I'll have tried and done it using various setups. Hell I have even swapped in additional NanoDelta implants only to fight an engineer.

This includes engineers such as Karstasbiatc, and I've been successful at it for minutes long fights and thus several Demolitions rounds. Unfortunately it's all too easy to slip up here, or get unlucky with the Merciless drain ticking RIGHT after you used Genius/Stim/Sitkit/Healercloak/NotumFocus/etc. Either results in death. I can count the amount of agents that make it past the first Demolitions round (no Merciless involved) on one hand...

As a result of my defense specialization, my AR and hotswap-alphaing suffers, I'll happily admit to that.

However: to get ANY chance of killing a halfdecent engineer, what you're going to need is survival and not hotswap-alphas that get sucked up by blockers. Regular hits are essential to getting.. theoretically close to winning. I can't say I have EVER seen a chain-Demolition'd agent get to the regular hit piece of the plan, though, they would be far too busy kiting the pets and finding more nano regenerating tools to have time for that.

--------

But well.. If your view of "balanced" PvP consists of agents having no chance in hell to kill an engineer, and agents having to specifically setup to have a chance of surviving an engineer (chance: because even with a specialized setup it's all too easy to die), I don't feel it's worth my time arguing with you anymore.
    Last edited by Lupusceleri; Jul 14th, 2009 at 00:49:15.

Nope. Srompu killed me in duel without kiting and he is 219, perhaps you guys should ask him how.
    I know I know! Let me elaborate:

NEWSFLASH:
    Personally i don't even have demo perked
    my Grenade AR being in a toilet
    It's not hard at all to survive an engineer if they don't drain your nano, lol.

I rest my case, the problem is you.

How very very weird. RK2 KEC3 engineers such as Karstasbiatc (pre-pistolero switch), have enough Grenade AR to perk any agent. Have the perks into Demolitions. And, you know what's the best part? They still are able to kill every other profession, too. With ease.

I rest my case, the problem here is you (or apparently, RK1 engineers in general) having the wrong setup/tactics - and not the agent setup'ing specifically to fight an engineer.

Wait, what? The problem is me?I simply made a choice not to kill Agents and i'm very content with that choice. You're the only one here having a problem - you die to Engineers and cry a river about it. So you are saying, the cause your problem is me and RK1 Engineers in general having wrong setup/tactics? That just didn't make any sense , pal.

Paper PvP? Not really. I've had several engineers pull the Demolitions+Merciless trick on me in actual, real PvP situations. In duels, but also at wars, tara, BS, you name it.
    Perhaps you should set up better next time.

Survival.. yeah, I can do that. It's my agent's specialization to survive everything being thrown at me.
    Clearly not Engineers.

This includes engineers such as Karstasbiatc, and I've been successful at it for minutes long fights
    Wow, minutes, you must be really good.

If your view of "balanced" PvP consists of agents having no chance in hell to kill an engineer, and agents having to specifically setup to have a chance of surviving an engineer
    You're not going to find that out until you are running with a build that was specifically setup to die to Engineer
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jul 14th, 2009 at 01:00:29.

I know I know! Let me elaborate:

NEWSFLASH:

It's not hard at all to survive an engineer if they don't drain your nano, lol.

I rest my case, the problem is you.

You are running with a setup in which you have completely no chance to survive against Engineer because you just don't know better, and the problem is me and RK 1 Engineers. Excuse me sir, what circus did you run away from?

Takes one look at your auno.org equip to see you never even tried setting up properly, seriously, you're a moron, end of.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jul 14th, 2009 at 01:03:27.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast