Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 8th Anniversary Screenshot Competition!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    Question:

Does an image that's been cropped to look a bit better count as "Basic" or "Edited"? Not exactly a huge edit and I would personally classify that as a Basic Entry ^^
    That should be fine as long as it doesn't completely alter the screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    That should be fine as long as it doesn't completely alter the screenshot.
    Soooo...If I crop the shot of nothing but Ninj00's cabbage...it's ok?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    You should make a video competition instead.
    NO!

Pathogen would win and tarders are OP'd enough already.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

yer all going down in flames.
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Wish there was an easy way to remove all the GUI-stuff for screenshots.
    Below is what what I use. The stuff inside the " " are my chat window names I'm sure yours will be different so change them accordingly. Just paste each one into is own notepad so you can make a script out of it. You can paste them into same notepad if you set a delay, but I found that to be annoying. I have the scripts set up on my hotbar so I just have to press 1 to clear screen and press 2 to bring stuff back.

Takes stuff away...

/option cc_section1 false
    /option cc_control_center false
    /option shortcutbar_window false
    /close "Guild"
    /close "Main"
    /close "Tells"
    /close "Team Chat"
    /close "Regen"
    /close "Damage"
    /close "Other Damage"
    /close "Friends"

Brings stuff back...

/option cc_section1 true
    /option cc_control_center true
    /option shortcutbar_window true
    /open "Guild"
    /open "Main"
    /open "Tells"
    /open "Team Chat"
    /open "Regen"
    /open "Damage"
    /open "Other Damage"
    /open "Friends"
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Hmmm, is using shots from Test "cheating"?

I have some great pics of the time a 30 foot high Mr. Squeeky attacked us in an inf mish
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

So do the pictures have to be action shots (you fighting, others fighting, a team fighting, a mass raid) or can they be just landscape scenes with an occasional mob in it?
    Are we allowed to add apartment items to the the environment in the screen shot (such as certain colors of lamps if we are trying to get the right lighting)?
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post
    /close "Team Chat"
    /open "Team Chat"
    You can use this instead :
    /toggle "Team Chat"
    (as it toggles on & off )

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    Hmmm, is using shots from Test "cheating"?
    Of course it is ! Otherwise I'd win for this sploitin' outfit Nirvelle's wearing: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/225437...llow%20Man.jpg
    (who needs sneaking when you got this ? )
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Jul 2nd, 2009 at 09:34:40.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    You can use this instead :
    /toggle "Team Chat"
    (as it toggles on & off )
    The long list of open and close just makes it easier so I don't lose track of what script file I'm editing. That is why I prefer not to use toggle.

Awesome, I'm in.

A video competition is also a good idea, but still keep the screenshot competition .

-rob M.

__ _____ ________ _______ __ ___ _______ ___

AO- Day 2922 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYvIQ0ri5Kg
    __ _____ ________ _______ __ ___ _______ ___

The idea has been born, the artistics set into motion, this weekend will be great!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

(for example if you were entering the basic category and were called Jon your subject line would be "Screenshot Contest - Basic – Famine- RK1").
    Rofl
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Does anybody know what would be the script comand to hide the new target NCU windows?
    And I have my own NCU as a seperate window, that will not close using the script by Grim_One. Is there a command for this too?

Quote Originally Posted by Krach View Post
    Does anybody know what would be the script comand to hide the new target NCU windows?
    And I have my own NCU as a seperate window, that will not close using the script by Grim_One. Is there a command for this too?
    Alt+Right click it and it stays hidden all the time and only shows the nano programs on the target when they are there, not the whole window \o/
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Are you allowed to send in multiple pics of the same category if you have multiple accounts, or are you limited to 1 per person?
    Last edited by Blackdog; Jul 9th, 2009 at 14:10:14.
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Alt+Right click it and it stays hidden all the time and only shows the nano programs on the target when they are there, not the whole window \o/
    Thank you! It's been bugging me that the only way to open and close these were from the F10 window - this looks way better too, stuck under the bar of the target.

Thanks Grim too for the script, I'll try those out later, 1 button to clear the GUI is something I've wanted for years, I have thousands of screenies... I use the few commands listed earlier, but that's too many if you want an immediate action shot.

I'd take a guess that to add the NCU window to that (which I also have seperate), you just add

/option ncu_window false

Will test it this evening.
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Are you allowed to send in multiple pics of the same category if you have multiple accounts, or are you limited to 1 per person?
    Cmon FC, need a response here
    220/18 Keeper

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

wait...you do remember you havnt released the new engine yet... therefore there isnt any eye-popping scenes for todays standards o.O

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    We must limit this 1 per person as the grand prize is rather good this year (which will be announced very soon). This is only to keep it fair.

We must limit this 1 per person as the grand prize is rather good this year (which will be announced very soon). This is only to keep it fair.
    Damn
    220/18 Keeper

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast