Thread: Shade's Caress Works with Perks

Shade's Caress Works with Perks

Maybe this is just obvious to everyone, But I wasnt sure for a while so I tested today. It seemed to be that perks cause the heal, but I wasnt too sure so I tested it.

So I attacked an adonis heckler, and let it take my health down (had to take off some gear and go full agg). Then I casted shades caress, went into crawl, and started firing off perks (you cant do normal attacks in crawl) Turns out the perks were healing me. I used the piercing mastery perks, so there would be no confusion as to what healed me (plus, the hp healed from perks is a different number than shades caress).

I suppose I could have used alien perks to test this out as well, but I didn't think of that at the time :P

Also, just some extra info on SC, the amount the attacker gets healed is affected by heal modifer%. SC heals me for 1560, rather than 1500. You will also notice this in vort, with that huge heal% buff.

Anyways, probably obvious to you guys, but whatever.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

I'm guessing that shade caress just checks for when you do damage to the target, rather than checking if you hit it (as procs do). Now i'm wondering if reflects/damage shield trigger it. And also how our new rebalance SHD will work. Will it be affected by perks as well? or just normal attacks/specials (which is how I assume current procs work).
    And Many More!

Normal attacks as shades would not die if it was with perks.
    220 crat ~Frocratarox~
    130 doc ~Mrfunny~
    150 engi ~Miniwheats~
    220 Shade ~Tsume~
    60 NT ~Nomorenano~
    220 fixer ~Barlock~
    Spirit Guide You

Quote Originally Posted by Lackofgravy View Post
    Normal attacks as shades would not die if it was with perks.
    I suppose, I mean that would be 77 hits per minute, With PM 10, TR 10, Acro 4, CiB6 , SP 10.

77*200 = 15400 healing/minute = 257 hp/second.

Vs SHD:

950/5 seconds = 190/second

Vs new proc w/o perks

47.5* 200 = 9500 hp/min = 158 hp/s

which is why people are complaining, losing 32 healing/s.

On the other hand gaining 67 hp/s seem too good. The equivalent of 134 heal delta.

Of course, this is all with current numbers listed.
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    I suppose, I mean that would be 77 hits per minute, With PM 10, TR 10, Acro 4, CiB6 , SP 10.

77*200 = 15400 healing/minute = 257 hp/second.

Vs SHD:

950/5 seconds = 190/second

Vs new proc w/o perks

47.5* 200 = 9500 hp/min = 158 hp/s

which is why people are complaining, losing 32 healing/s.

On the other hand gaining 67 hp/s seem too good. The equivalent of 134 heal delta.

Of course, this is all with current numbers listed.

People complain about it not because of the healing but because of the mechanics behind it , the fact that you have to "keep" your target still to heal will cost us more then people realise (thats just in pvp tho ) .
    Question you have to ask yourself is vs a shade would you stand still , knowing you can move and stop him from healing ?
    And like that wasnt enought you could also realise how many regulars you land on fixers/advys/ma/keepers/crats.
    Last edited by iolanda; Apr 27th, 2012 at 07:04:36.
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Question you have to ask yourself is vs a shade would you stand still , knowing you can move and stop him from healing ?
    yes :P as pistol imba

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    yes :P as pistol imba

Giev combined spirits WITH RANGED skills .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    People complain about it not because of the healing but because of the mechanics behind it , the fact that you have to "keep" your target still to heal will cost us more then people realise (thats just in pvp tho ) .
    And like that wasnt enought you could also realise how many regulars you land on fixers/advys/ma/keepers/crats.
    the numbers argument has come up too.
    And Many More!