Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clicksaver 2.3.3

I need to reinstall clicksaver on my computer but can't figue out how uninstall the older version. Clicksaver isn't listed in "programs" in the control panel. Anyone knows?

I run Windows Vista.
    Qianjin | martial artist | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams (link!)
    Guifei | bureaucrat | neutral | rubi-ka | shattered dreams

and a few more lowbie alts

Quote Originally Posted by Qianjin View Post
    I need to reinstall clicksaver on my computer but can't figue out how uninstall the older version. Clicksaver isn't listed in "programs" in the control panel. Anyone knows?

I run Windows Vista.
    I dont believe clicksaver puts itself in the registry or anything, just change the folder name or delete it and make a shortcut to the new folder

Same prob Clicksaver fails to to make a Database running Vista as well

Disable UAC.
    Because Race Yalm

Hmmm,

would be nice to find a solution to this ^^

Still can't create database.

Vista, and it's had UAC disabled since release
    AO has been on desktop since the patch that screwed up having it in program files.
    Hi I'm Carl!

Unfortunately I can't reproduce these issues. The latest version works fine for me on both WinXP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit. Apart from UAE, the only apparent other reasons I can think of for database creation to fail is either that AO is running while trying to update, or firewalls interfering with Clicksaver. Though the latter typically causes issues with pulling missions, rather than with ripping the database.

Anyways, I might sit down at one point (can't promise anything for the next week) and change the error reporting to be a bit more verbose. There currently are a lot of different reasons why that error message might appear. While that won't make Clicksaver any better at extracting the DB, it might give some hints as to what is actually going wrong.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than that!
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Any chance we could get an option to turn off automatic mission selection and 'Accept' button focus, in case CS selects a mission with a Match which we have left active, but do not currently require?

There have been several occasions where I have mistakenly clicked, and ended up with a mission I actually didn't need/want because CS had focussed the wrong button on the 'Missons' form.

Yes, I know its a small annoyance .. but I do like to retain control of most of my PC -most- of the time !

Great work on the updates, etc. though!

I keep getting an error saying can not create local database even when picking Skip... any ideal why this would be happening?
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

I'll need to have a closer look at the code again for the automatic button focus. Should be possible.

The error regarding creating a database failed when pressing skip is pretty simple. Whenever the program fails to create a database, it has already deleted the old database at that point. So at this point, pressing skip won't allow it to work either. It then has to rip a new database, else it will fail to start.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234