Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clicksaver 2.3.3

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Moyahno View Post
    anyone know if the MA attack clicksaver crash bug is removed with this version?
    What crash bug is this?

Quote Originally Posted by scenenheard View Post
    he's married with a kid :P
    I had that problem too, once. Now I just have the kid. Much happier.

Clicksaver program, source code and changes
    Finally someone sensible.
    Thank you.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by xxaaaxx55 View Post
    What crash bug is this?
    When ever Clicksaver rolls a particular MA attack, Blessed with Thunder, it causes Clicksaver to crash.

There was some change in the database item that causes it.

Given the source code for this version, it might be easy to find with the right tools installed.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Thank you.
    I tooooold ya!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

So how do you get 2.3.3.1 to roll more than one mish?

I had an old version of CS (2.3.2) and that seems to work just fine although when I start it, my firewall gives me
    this
    Last edited by wormx; Jun 28th, 2009 at 03:41:13.
    Stars "Wormx" Monkey 220/30/70 3rd opi fix on RK1, 7th on all dimensions to hit AI30 Thanks for all the raids : )
    DanceMeTo "Summerglow" TheEndOfLove 220/27/67 Opi Fixer. Yes, I like fixers.
    LifeIs "Winterglow" NoCabaret 150/14/42 Opi Fixer. Waiting for more hits with the nerfbat.
    Doctor "Wormx6" Panda 220/20/55 Atrox doctor, dinged 220 off Thrak key quest : )
    Mr "Ceilingcat" Monkey 220/23/52 Soli MP, hiding in the ceiling, watching...
    Too many other alts to list here...

Quote Originally Posted by wormx View Post

I had an old version of CS (2.3.2) and that seems to work just fine although when I start it, my firewall gives me
    this
    That images does not make me feel safe...
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

I've grown quite accustomed to the Kimi ClickSaver enhancements (like specifying roll and reward QL's, for example).

Does this version of CS have similar functionality?

Thanks!
    Martek

This version doesn't have any of Kimi's added features, it is exclusively a bug fix for version 2.3.2. Kimi didn't release the source code to his own fork of ClickSaver, so potentially the only way to fix this program is to patch the binary.

Basically if I wanted some/all of the features he had, I'd have to write them from scratch. We're still in the decision process within the AOU team wether that is a worth while project, as it would definitely take time away from other things like an AOU internal items database (for guides, search features, ...) or simply more guides.

Wormx, that message does indeed match what ClickSaver does in order to do its job. It patches an additional DLL into the AO process in order to intercept and interpret the mission data. Not sure what's causing the program not to work for you, I've posted a bunch of questions earlier in the thread. Mind helping me out with them? Aditionally, does it help if you disable that firewall protection thing?
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Uragon,

Understood.

I have emailed Kimi about plans for the fork and if I get a reponse may mirror it here if it seems okay.

Thanks,
    Martek

Quote Originally Posted by wormx View Post

this
    Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    That images does not make me feel safe...
    Woot, another Outpost user

Yes, thats perfectly normal for Clicksaver, it "hooks" the process and Outpost helpfully warns about this.

It is a necessary and safe function of Clicksaver, and you should use the "allow" option selected so it doesnt ask again. Only time you should worry is if Outpost notices the CS files have changed and you didnt change them.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Can not get this version (2.3.3.1) to actually roll anything, like it failed to hook into AO (but still thinks it did).

Info in first tab (Mission) never gets updated, remains blank (as it normally is at startup) regardless what i do.

It is able to fetch the db with no problem, so making it do that and then run old 2.3.2 from halorn.com, the old version seems to work with the new db.

(once tried to compile 2.3.2 with vc++ 2008 express myself, and got exactly same problem.. then gave up)

Running Windows XP 32bit ( and do got vc++ 2008 express installed)
    :: Zsaruisa 220/25/69 Fixer eq :: Bzindee 220/21/65 MP eq :: Tzandie 220/17 Shade eq :: Tsuz 216/12 Engi :: Talizia 213/12 Adv ::
    :: Zvih 174/16 Agent :: Sziria 174/14/42 Crat :: Lilliza 167/14/42 Trader :: Izande 172/16/41 Doc eq ::
    :: Shuize 150/11 MA :: Kziih 139/10 Soldier :: Czindei 134/9 Enfo ::
    :: Azoniva 74/7/14 NT :: Itzanie 60/6 Doc :: Zsorina 74/5 Fixer :: Azida 55/5 Agent ::
    :: Ilize 25/3 Trader :: Tzoi 15/2 Agent ::

Yeah, I think I wasn't quite concentrating when I tested 2.3.3.1 yesterday... Getting 2.3.3.2 ready as I write this, should be up on AOU in a few minutes. Hopefully not going to break Vista again.

Update: Released now!
    Last edited by Uragon; Jun 28th, 2009 at 15:27:41. Reason: a few minutes later...

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

nice, im glad to hear it might be possible that someone will fix the MA attack crash thing, its the only reason i dont run clicksaver atm is cause i just dont want to have to restart AO everytime to make a new database which it makes me do if it crashes :S and then it takes me several minutes to do so, so

Well, the good news is that the "Blessed with Thunder" crash was very easy to spot with the debugger and should also be a pretty quick/easy fix. The bad news is that it will mean *yet another* new version!

Update: Version 2.3.4 is released, implemented a workaround for broken value calculation on an infamous rollable MA attack. Download it here!
    Last edited by Uragon; Jun 28th, 2009 at 19:34:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Thank you.
    Given MORB wanted it under the GPL, and the last release I did to fix changes to the packet structure were definitely GPL'd...

Quote Originally Posted by Uragon View Post
    This version doesn't have any of Kimi's added features, it is exclusively a bug fix for version 2.3.2. Kimi didn't release the source code to his own fork of ClickSaver, so potentially the only way to fix this program is to patch the binary.
    Kimi didn't release his source even when MORB explicitly asked him to and stated the source was to be considered available under the GPL... that makes Kimi's release on very shaky ground legally (though I rather doubt MORB could be bothered persuing that, especially as he hasn't played AO in years).

Anyway, all that's largely water under the bridge. Thanks to Uragon and the folks at AOU for fisxng this up and releasing it
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Uragon View Post
    Update: Version 2.3.4 is released, implemented a workaround for broken value calculation on an infamous rollable MA attack. Download it here!
    Works fine for me now, thanks for fixing this and releasing code and things.
    :: Zsaruisa 220/25/69 Fixer eq :: Bzindee 220/21/65 MP eq :: Tzandie 220/17 Shade eq :: Tsuz 216/12 Engi :: Talizia 213/12 Adv ::
    :: Zvih 174/16 Agent :: Sziria 174/14/42 Crat :: Lilliza 167/14/42 Trader :: Izande 172/16/41 Doc eq ::
    :: Shuize 150/11 MA :: Kziih 139/10 Soldier :: Czindei 134/9 Enfo ::
    :: Azoniva 74/7/14 NT :: Itzanie 60/6 Doc :: Zsorina 74/5 Fixer :: Azida 55/5 Agent ::
    :: Ilize 25/3 Trader :: Tzoi 15/2 Agent ::

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    Given MORB wanted it under the GPL, and the last release I did to fix changes to the packet structure were definitely GPL'd...

Kimi didn't release his source even when MORB explicitly asked him to and stated the source was to be considered available under the GPL... that makes Kimi's release on very shaky ground legally (though I rather doubt MORB could be bothered persuing that, especially as he hasn't played AO in years).

Anyway, all that's largely water under the bridge. Thanks to Uragon and the folks at AOU for fisxng this up and releasing it
    I ****ing hated Kimi's version, every time I wanted to check some of it's features I ended up in his GOGGLE ADS filled monster of a site. Some said "he needs it to pay for the bandwidth"... but with all the traffic those ads get, I think he has about 10 years of hosting paid + a new car. Hosting is cheap if you find the right deal.

AOU gets about 150k hits a month (not counting when we release guides for new booster packs/expansion 'cause then it goes over 200k easy) and you don't see any advertising at our site.

If a player or group of players makes the choice of contributing to the community and not run corporate ads, guess what? they don't, they find other ways to get it done. I won't say it's easy, but I will say that if you goggle "cheap hosting" thousands of options will come up.

It is obvious Kimi didn't want anyone to touch his code, the first thing anyone would do is remove all the links to his advertising monster of a site.

One Roll Only.

I downloaded and installed 2.3.4, and I set it up how I usually set up clicksaver. I put in a test roll for Vektor ND, and told it to start the agent, and it only rolled once, and said I had found a match. No matter what I put in to search for, it rolls once, says it has a match... and there is NOT a match. Is there something I am doing wrong causing this?

I have installed the new version of clicksaver. I can not get it to work. Any idea why?

My machine is running Windows XP with SP3.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast