Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rumours of nerfbat abuse

rumours of nerfbat abuse

can we get any info on what's happening? my setup is built completely around an aggressive offensive focus. and I keep hearing this and that about LE nukes being in the circle jerk of nerf consideration...the triple i ccl about, but my double, my precious double...I r worried.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

and please please don't turn this into a flame war, I'm asking a serious question regarding the future playability of my favourite profession. thank you in advance.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Let us hope we will have a working toolset in exchange.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

I'm curious as to how this is different from the last 3 years of whining about this?

It's been no secret that there may be adjustment to it after all the other things have been fixed, like AS, SA and FA all being nerfed.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

im just guessing, but i bet it has something to do with dmg caps in pvp..

looks like they are trying to reduce alpha dmg

All the changes to heals, specials, (and more perk adjustments as i understood), means inevitably some changes to NT's unique mechanics (be it nuke ? NR mechanics ? who knows) i think ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Triples will (possibly) have to be adjusted to be in tune with other damage once healing in PVP situations is adjusted.
    From here, so all we really know is that they may be included in the rebalancing process.
    Angryguy is to lazy to make a real sig.

i see exactly two possible outcomes for LE nukes. either "OP" or totally useless.
    so yes Giit, start praying :P
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I wouldn't care much about a rework. The only thing that worries me is the constant penduling motion between superior and completely gimp that NT has been doing the last many years. Most of the time spent as completely gimp, naturally.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    ...The only thing that worries me is the constant penduling motion between superior and completely gimp that NT has been doing ..
    I can agree 100% with this, and also, I make great coffee.
    T O O N Z:

NT's arent even that overpowered (they are good in pvp, but theres certainly other classes that are just as good, if not better),. Some other classes went through the roof in the last few patches while we got nothing. Most people that emo about NTs on these forums never even played one, they just got tripled once by a random nt and thought OMG SO MUCH DMG, NERF PLX!, while they can probably do more damage in the time we need to cast a triple and wait for recharge.

Let's hope that if they nerf,they nerf triples (which are overrated anyway, i hardly use em) and leave the rest of the toolset intact.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDavidBowi View Post
    Let's hope that if they nerf,they nerf triples (which are overrated anyway, i hardly use em) and leave the rest of the toolset intact.
    Problem here is that if we don't have LE nukes we can't really pvp at all at higher levels. We were so gimp for so long, MAs and Fixers being the only targets we could kill regularly, and we all know how many of those are around
    If anything is done to LE nukes without the rest of the game balancing around them, we will be right back in the gimpoutfit.
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm in the same position, I feel like if all the major blow type attacks are addressed then it only makes sense to address triple as well, but if we are just looking at triple alone then it doesn't make sense. Triple is what brought us back into pvp, changing it without major changes to the way that large attacks work in general would make no sense.

Like Masta said, NT's are a delicate balance, if you push us the other direction, we can end up being useless in pvp very easy, I'm not looking for that to happen.

That being said I think Means has been pretty clear he wants to look at pvp and all aspects of it more intensely, everyone is freaked out, people are upset in almost every forum about what might happen, I think for now we just need to wait and see what they come up with and then talk about it when we have some solid info.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Problem here is that if we don't have LE nukes we can't really pvp at all at higher levels. We were so gimp for so long, MAs and Fixers being the only targets we could kill regularly, and we all know how many of those are around
    Well ofc, i said triples cause thats what everyone always QQs about. Wasn't talking about doubles, they are perfectly balanced imo. The problem with triples is that it can splat low hp setup toon instantly if you perk at the same time. I have killed endgame fixers instantly by just casting a triple+nanofeast. That's a bit too much imo, and thats the ONLY reason triples are overpowered.

If NTs get nerfed in the near future it's mainly thanks to the whining community that follows the bandwagon of QQ threads. Professions like Advies and Engies remain OPed as they are.

People are also too crybaby. If their profession is "nerfed" and what this nerf does is make the game more fun overall allowing more factors into combat than asfaburst rinse-repeat, you'll see no end of quit threads, because the fun isn't actually playing a challenging game to most, it's just simply winning. Winning without effort is the best.
    And before all the whiners come about with "but you love triples" etc., then it won't take all that much searching to find that I was never really any happy with triples. Did I defend them from all the whiners? Of course, because in all the intervening time there was no talk of any rebalancing acts, and without any major thought being put into the matter, then NTs would just wind up right back in the scrapheap where we were for the vast majority of time since people realised that there was no such thing as 3 second AS...
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jul 26th, 2009 at 14:44:16.
    The Red Brotherhood

I revived my NT with LE IIRC I retired it with SL for the most part.

Why, new nukes versus an RK setup was inferior until I got to pen faction mobs and other brink type mobs. Everyone else pretty much kicked ass and got even better.

Nerfing us again when we have just caught up to where we were...

On the other hand, with regards to fixers and triple + perk, we when not perked for HP and sacrificing damage and AR for HP etc and not able to run NBG(timing) are at the mercy of an enfo with SnD or shades or advies(alpha/perks) and so on...

I am not saying we can't beat em under the right situation(like not getting caught at a bad time) but we can go down quite fast with a FA/BRAWL/PERK or other combination.

We can be left rooted and drained without nano and have NO offensive capabilities at all and that is not overpowered but triples are...

Triples can be completely absorbed(well almost 600 pt damage taken, advie with bio shield) and OFC is is overpowered.

Low HP setups are always vunerable to instakill tactics, should being able to heal up easier from capped shots not come at a disadvantage.

So if triples are a bit much against low HP professions then so many other combinations are as well...
    Peace $ Love, Inc. - Since April 2002

When they nerf double dmg too, we are back in classic..

I'm a strong defender of NT offencive abilities, but I think it's a bit early to predict our downfall.
    Means said Triples would "possibly" be reviewed, which implies it's not considered a priority yet. My guess would be that they will first assess the real impact of Specials/Heals review ingame, and then only review Triples if they seem overpowered compared to the new efficiency of weapon-wielding and/or healing profs.

I don't mean we must let our vigilance slack, just that imo we ain't concerned directly by the next batch of fixes, fixes which will determine the extent of following reviews.
    I'm confident our professionals will keep an eye on it and do their best to prevent that "fixes" will actually be "nerfs".
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Yesiamstoned View Post
    I am not saying we can't beat em under the right situation(like not getting caught at a bad time) but we can go down quite fast with a FA/BRAWL/PERK or other combination.
    The word glass cannon comes to mind!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast