Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vektor Change?

Angry Vektor Change?

I have been told that in the next patch the vektor Nd shotgun will be changed. Where you must meet the requirements of the gun or else it will adjust to your level. If this is true BAD IDEA!!!!. Please someone tell me any information that will confirm if this is true or not

i can't comfirn or deny the rumour, though i've heard it too. i've heard the same for every other 'good' overused weapon out there too.

i think it would be fine for weapons to do less damage when u don't meet the requirements. i don't think it should happen without plenty of warning.

--
    fix the ac system that makes only one or two weapons per type viable. give me furniture for my apartment; i have nowhere confurtable to lie down after bashing mobs.

Re: Vektor Change?

Originally posted by daymeon
    I have been told that in the next patch the vektor Nd shotgun will be changed. Where you must meet the requirements of the gun or else it will adjust to your level. If this is true BAD IDEA!!!!. Please someone tell me any information that will confirm if this is true or not
    Didn't hear anything but remember mmorpg rule #x

* If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Wink

And Vectors ARE too good to be true....you all know it....
    Fleh the man-eating lvl 171 sabretooth...oh no wait, that would be PvP wouldn't it...nm then

Actually Vektor is not very good, then again, every weapon is quite bad

Play around with http://antiguardians.org/crit.php and you discover some amazing things of which one is the fact that Vektor is not even best shotgun

Zarch and bunch of other njOObs between lvl 3 and 136

Krutts are the king of shottys - its just that Vektors get the good rep for the low weap skill users. Onlin init and shotgun skills are need for Vektors.

But to be honest, Im as surprised that they didn't nerf Vektors when they nerfed Freedom Arms.

BRING BACK FREEDOM ARMS!
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

Re: Vektor Change?

Originally posted by daymeon
    Not at all a bad idea.

The idea, refered to as overequipping nerf, will affect all guns. Vektor including, but all others as well...

You will still be allowed to equip it the same way as you used to, but your damage will be adjusted to match how high your skill actually is.

I.e. if you use 132 wrangles, Ql200 implants etc to equip the shotgun, then remove everything again, and you end up only having 50% of the required shotgun, your damage will be dropped by a certain amount as you are not really fit for using that shotgun.

Calling this a bad idea just makes you look like a whining retard, as it probably is the only way to ever make this game somewhat fair.

Rk1 :: Abasin :: lvl 72 clan nt
    Rk2 :: Illuvatar :: lvl 154 omni nt

I do agree with Illuvatar, and btw if you have missed the overequipping nerf, its your problem, its been posted all over the forums, dont expect FC to give you a personal /tell in game to make you aware of future changes.
    NT phone HOME!!

Try PLAYING a Trader and have..

ONLY one non-deep blue weapon skill THEN come here and rant about wanting to nerf one of TWO weapons our class can reasonably use until late in the 100s when we start having IP to spare. In addition to poor weapon skills we have to keep quite a few nano skills up to be able to buf ourselves AND have any chance at healing ourselves. Furthermore our bufs last all of THREE minutes. Have you EVER tried to maintain 3 min long bufs while in the middle of a battle? If it were NOT for the damage output of the Vektor and our ability to over equip we would stand little to NO chance of survival.

Try PLAYING a Trader from ground up to over level 100 under the rules YOU want to impose on others. THEN come here and tell use what a wonderful idea it is.

Originally posted by Illuvatar

Not at all a bad idea.

The idea, refered to as overequipping nerf, will affect all guns. Vektor including, but all others as well...

You will still be allowed to equip it the same way as you used to, but your damage will be adjusted to match how high your skill actually is.

I.e. if you use 132 wrangles, Ql200 implants etc to equip the shotgun, then remove everything again, and you end up only having 50% of the required shotgun, your damage will be dropped by a certain amount as you are not really fit for using that shotgun.

Calling this a bad idea just makes you look like a whining retard, as it probably is the only way to ever make this game somewhat fair.

Cool Traders issues

The whining retard comment was a little harsh. I am a lvl 70 trader atm and the only way i can possibly do well is "riding shotgun" ( haha ). I need to overequip my shotgun or else i can use my amazing 3 min buffs or try to strive off of nano sucking health freeloaders. Killing the Vektor will simply be making the trader painfully unfit and useless. I can easily switch to other shotguns ( duh ) but if other shotguns are "fixed" then where does the trader stand?

Originally posted by Zaal
    Krutts are the king of shottys - its just that Vektors get the good rep for the low weap skill users. Onlin init and shotgun skills are need for Vektors.

But to be honest, Im as surprised that they didn't nerf Vektors when they nerfed Freedom Arms.

BRING BACK FREEDOM ARMS!

q184 Krutt Waltzing King
    Attack: 2.13 Recharge: 2.5
    29-178(1143) damage, projectile.

With 800 Attack rating. 0 ranged init and base 3% chance to crit:
    Your critical hit will be 3963 points.
    Your normal hits will maybe vary between 87 and 534 points.
    Over 30 seconds you would maybe do an average of 3539 points of damage. (8.16 normal, 0.25 critical hits)

q200 S.A. Tranquil Home Defender
    Attack: 2.3 Recharge: 2.5
    2-438(720) damage, projectile

Your critical hit will be 3474 points.
    Your normal hits will maybe vary between 6 and 1314 points.
    Over 30 seconds you would maybe do an average of 6119 points of damage. (7.97 normal, 0.25 critical hits)

q180 Vektor ND Dragon
    Attack: 2.32 Recharge: 2.5
    8-386(812) damage, energy

Your critical hit will be 3594 points.
    Your normal hits will maybe vary between 24 and 1158 points.
    Over 30 seconds you would maybe do an average of 5583 points of damage. (7.95 normal, 0.25 critical hits)

It's quite apparenty that the S.A. Home Defender is the king of Shotguns, even without dual weilding them.

if they implement the "nerf" regarding overequiping - there will be NO player base left. Trust me on that one.

Most of us didn't cheat to overequip anything - while some did.

But what is clear, everyone in the game does it. The game world revolves around it.

So - by implementing this type of change - Funcom is changing the dynamics of the entire game world.

Stupid - silly - ridiculous - loss of almost all of their player base.

I don't like being swiftly killed by players with ridiculously high overequiping in pvp - but then again - i would hate having to track every damn requirement of ANYTHING i put on.......

And, I suspect that almost everyone else will too.

An "overequipment" change is the final death blow to this game.

-mach

if they implement the "nerf" regarding overequiping - there will be NO player base left. Trust me on that one.
    but i don't remember telling anyone at all that i would quit if they 'nerf' overequipping; so maybe i won't trust you on this issue.

So - by implementing this type of change - Funcom is changing the dynamics of the entire game world.
    yes they are. maybe having level 60 and below people running around with weapons 100 ql over their level is not really a great thing for the game. making the game more balanced is not really a bad thing. (this assumes that mobs will get balanced down to a reasonable level too)

I don't like being swiftly killed by players with ridiculously high overequiping in pvp - but then again - i would hate having to track every damn requirement of ANYTHING i put on.......
    u mean u wear equipment know without having to worry about meeting the requirements to use it? i know i don't and can't. the proposed overequipping 'nerf' would just mean that people would wear lower ql equipment in general; implants will become more important; the demand for high ql equipment will decrease for a while; traders will not get harassed as much because their buffs don't last long enough for the cost (their money making abilities get hurt here); professions that can cast and maintain buffs during teaming will be more sought after.

An "overequipment" change is the final death blow to this game.
    if overequipping is the only thing keeping you in the game (as 'the final death blow' implies it is), maybe you should re-evalute your choice to stay.

---

i'm not trying to flame the poster of these comments. i have heard similar arguments since the game released. if changing overequipping is best for the actual player base, not just some fringe super tweakers, then it is a good thing for the game. by the same token, if the implementation of this change makes life worse for the majority of the player base, then it is a bad change. we'll have to wait and see what FC does. i hope they don't f* it up, but don't hold my hopes too high.

Vektor change?

Hmmmm can you RP over the Chat Handler?
    Gontrokka 155 Enforcer
    When the going gets tough, the others start running!

Captain Baxie Orbin 204 Trader
    - Baby, you look good enough to eat!

Countezz 23 Adventurer
    - Who'd have thought a Steve Irwin wannabe could kick so much ass!

"Baby, you look good enough to eat!"

Re: Try PLAYING a Trader and have..

Originally posted by Zuleica
    ONLY one non-deep blue weapon skill THEN come here and rant about wanting to nerf one of TWO weapons our class can reasonably use until late in the 100s when we start having IP to spare. In addition to poor weapon skills we have to keep quite a few nano skills up to be able to buf ourselves AND have any chance at healing ourselves. Furthermore our bufs last all of THREE minutes. Have you EVER tried to maintain 3 min long bufs while in the middle of a battle? If it were NOT for the damage output of the Vektor and our ability to over equip we would stand little to NO chance of survival.

Try PLAYING a Trader from ground up to over level 100 under the rules YOU want to impose on others. THEN come here and tell use what a wonderful idea it is.

NTs also one non-deep blue weapon skill, pistol (sucks). Anyway, as an NT i am now using a QL 200 Premium Heavy Gamma-Beamer , and to be honest, alot of overequipping was needed to equip it, i can raise RE only 3 pr lvl. This means me and many other NTs will be hurt by the nerf too, but we still want it, why? We want it IN THE NAME OF BALANCE!!! Traders currently outdmg Soldiers and NTs and Enforcers, just because of their UBER shotguns. Now Soldiers and yes... even Enfocers are changing to Shotguns!!!!!! Dont come here and tell me shotgun is a medium dmg dealer, absolutely ALL traders my lvl outdmg me and ALL others. This is not balance, you totally own in PvP and PvM.
    Last edited by Garzu; Jan 8th, 2002 at 17:34:40.
    NT phone HOME!!

Garzu, from my experiences with being an NT and reading that board, your posts are usually better than this. Go get me some screenshots of traders outdamaging everyone in the group please, because youre feeding everyone a line of bulls***. I am lvl 74 currently and have the absolute highest gun (without getting new implants) for my level. A QL165 Vector. Now, I DO NOT OUTDAMAGE ANYONE. I get Vunerability Seeker, I have a low light scope that adds +5 to crit, and I am BARELY keeping up. I will use your own advice on you, go play a trader over 50 before you tell me how my profession is.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Exclamation FYI

For those of you blowing up over the over-equiping "nerf", remember these facts .......

1) you will still be able to an item that is over your current skills by 20-25% without penalty. (final numbers have NOT been decided or posted yet)

2) Those most affected by this, will be the uber-twinks, who have equipment on their low lvl chars, many times above what they should have. If you're using a weapon 5-10 QL above your xp Level, you're probably going to see no difference. If you're using something 2-3 times your xp level, you will see a BIG difference.

3) Mobs are supposed to be brought down in dificulty at higher levels, to reduce the need for over equiping.

The biggest loss will be to the traders, who will no longer be able to charge millions for their skill wrangles.... and they can call whine-one-one for a whaaaambulance on that issue.

Re: FYI

Originally posted by speardancer
    For those of you blowing up over the over-equiping "nerf", remember these facts .......

1) you will still be able to an item that is over your current skills by 20-25% without penalty. (final numbers have NOT been decided or posted yet)

2) Those most affected by this, will be the uber-twinks, who have equipment on their low lvl chars, many times above what they should have. If you're using a weapon 5-10 QL above your xp Level, you're probably going to see no difference. If you're using something 2-3 times your xp level, you will see a BIG difference.

3) Mobs are supposed to be brought down in dificulty at higher levels, to reduce the need for over equiping.

The biggest loss will be to the traders, who will no longer be able to charge millions for their skill wrangles.... and they can call whine-one-one for a whaaaambulance on that issue.

Ok, another lame post form someone who has no idea how this game works. Shotguns suck. The only way I am able to keep up at my lvl is to overequip. I am lvl 74 with a QL165 gun that I got using game mechanics (my own deprives, ransacks, plunders, and divests and a fellow traders wrangles). HOW IS THIS WRONG? I am using implants 20 levels below me, so don't say I twinked there. Why should I and my entire profession be punished for a few exploiters???? You said yourself that the ones most hurt will be the few uber twinks. YOU ARE INCORRECT. The ones that are going to be most hurt are the honest and honarable Traders out there.

Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

I have teamed quite a few times with Jannerik, a lvl 160ish trader.... and the dmg he did, was insane, especially with UVC, he outdmg all profs in the team, ranging from me, an NT to lvl 160+ soldiers and enforcers.
    NT phone HOME!!

I would like to see some screen shots or maybe the vincinity log. I seriously doubt his ability to over power everyone ALL the time. Our crits are higher yes, but our overall damage is the same or lower.

Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast