Thread: Why so many AFK...

Why so many AFK...

Too many chars just stand idle like roadside poles in AO. We tried to talk like 10 ppl all we got was afk 1h30min..in NL,Bor and gardens...
    Then we zone out of garden in Nansc. here 3 ppl standing all afk.
    We give up. What happend ?

wtb life ppl who dosnt want to only power lvl,kite or lf ost.
    meybe it was bad timing

ps
    Anyone here who remember stuff like:
    MP protest march (100 flying balls screens)
    Engi protest march and whompas blokade
    Aliens invading and holding Rome,Athens,NL for 24h
    Mass 200 clanners fight 30 Omnis aka Lag!
    Omni side xp 0 !
    Roleplaying ppl
    SL tour for newbees
    FC Events on all channels
    Drama and more drama...

the old good stuff is missed

"we"? Do you have multiple personalities? :O

yes I remember those. AOs population is slowly dwindling, its no surprise people AFK when the people they usually talk to or teamed with have left.
    ~~
    RK2 Guernica - 220 (18) Mp
    RK2 Taotou - 180 (12) Doc
    + Assorted old toons I don't play anymore
    ~~
    ╞╤╧╪♥Gue♥ ╪╧╤╡
    [Vantura]: guerni can I get ssome loving
    To [Vantura]: I'm sorry, but you're clan. I'm omni. It would never work. I'm high maintenance. I need towers above TL 4. And none of those gay animal hats you guys wear.

I log on sometimes and my only friends online are bots.

I think I need some new friends.
    Last edited by Rerolll; Jun 17th, 2009 at 10:08:09.

Can't I afk in peace? -_-
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    I log on sometimes all my friends are bots.

I think I need some new friends.
    I *squueeallkk*.. am your.. *whhiiirrrr*.. friend.

I know one example that almost the whole guild of a prominent clan organization left the game all together and made up a guild in WoW.

There are examples like that, people leaving the game and either being too busy to play another or switching to another.

I really doubt we'll ever see those 200 vs 40 or stuff like that anymore, simply the population is too low for that.
    Unlimited "Millerna" Rifleworks (220 / 30 / 70) Agent

You also seem to have looked only in places where people ted to go only to afk. I'm sure there are lots of active people, but those are in missions, instances and popular leveling spots.
    Hygyeia 220/30/70 doc damage/defence
    Ankaria 220/30/70 sold damage/defence
    Nuklea 165/17/42 nt
    Mercenaries

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We all play WoW? You go too far Kaitlain...this was insulting. You are Hello-Kitty Online's customer of the month...it's true...they told me.

a ff kkkkk

Although many people who go AFK actually are, some just set AFK when they are busy doing other things.

If I'm really involved in org chat, for example, or doing some kind of Tradeskill items, or back and forth between game and internet looking something up, or back and forth between dual-logged characters, I'll set AFK so that if someone messages me and I miss it, I don't appear rude for not answering.

That's not to say that everyone you tried to talk to wasn't AFK. Just that in some cases, they might just have been really busy with something else.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Imilre View Post
    <snip>
    wtb life ppl who dosnt want to only power lvl,kite or lf ost.
    meybe it was bad timing

<snip>
    the old good stuff is missed
    Thank you! <3
    Ofab - Doctor [e]
    Clipfury - Soldier
    R22866281602 - Bureaucrat
    Icey2 - Soldier [deleted]
    First to receive an infraction worth 1337 points.

Bump this thread for Black Atroxes!

Talking about the good ol' days is the lowest form of conversation.
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    Talking about the good ol' days is the lowest form of conversation.

QFT. Instead of worrying about the past worry about the present, it's how it effects the future
    Scempio General of Midnight Society

I don't think that the % of afk people is that much different of what it used to be. It might be a bit higher than before, but not much. It's just that there is at least 10x less people playing AO today compared to the population peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuoal View Post
    QFT. Instead of worrying about the past worry about the present, it's how it effects the future
    That's true. However, you can't do much to affect the future AO population given the current AO state, except maybe give some high level pvp action (I was about to write something about suggesting new ideas to funcom... but yea nvm that we've all seen where it leads to).
    Last edited by Vassilis; Jun 18th, 2009 at 06:50:21.
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

Has the AO population changed alot since just after SL launch tho really? Yes, people have quit and moved on to other games or busy irl's which means that friends that you played with are no longer present. You look at your friendslist and see a massive amount of offline people you used to know. Sometimes the only online "friends" on my list are bots but thats probably due to my poor people skills and inability to make new friends. That by itself will surely make it seem like there's less people around now.

Another thing that might make you think there's less people around is that we're, theoretically, spread out on a larger area as there are more playfields and more options around now than before. Pre SL you had 4 major areas where you'd find a large gathering of omnis: NL Hill, Merc/Smug/Fred, Towers and Tara. For quite some these 4 areas were where I spend 90 % of my in game time. What do you have now? Ergo in Inf, Pande, PF's, BS (TL5 and TL7 being the most frequent visited ones), Sec42, Tara, Bor, Xan, the major pre 200 levelling areas in SL and other spots I've forgotten I'm sure.
    Kaisho - 220|27|70 - Agent
    Thomboy - 220|22|62 - Soldier
    Anarkali - 220|28|59 - Engineer
    Caesar - 220|30|70 - Bureaucrat
    ------------------------
    Ultima Ratio Regum
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bonzay1 View Post
    to bad u are a trash U HAVE LACK AT TALKING

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Sometimes the only online "friends" on my list are bots but thats probably due to my poor people skills and inability to make new friends.
    Definitely.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Definitely.
    Need ICRT?
    Kaisho - 220|27|70 - Agent
    Thomboy - 220|22|62 - Soldier
    Anarkali - 220|28|59 - Engineer
    Caesar - 220|30|70 - Bureaucrat
    ------------------------
    Ultima Ratio Regum
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bonzay1 View Post
    to bad u are a trash U HAVE LACK AT TALKING

Has the AO population changed alot since just after SL launch tho really? Yes, people have quit and moved on to other games or busy irl's which means that friends that you played with are no longer present. You look at your friendslist and see a massive amount of offline people you used to know. Sometimes the only online "friends" on my list are bots but thats probably due to my poor people skills and inability to make new friends. That by itself will surely make it seem like there's less people around now.

Another thing that might make you think there's less people around is that we're, theoretically, spread out on a larger area as there are more playfields and more options around now than before. Pre SL you had 4 major areas where you'd find a large gathering of omnis: NL Hill, Merc/Smug/Fred, Towers and Tara. For quite some these 4 areas were where I spend 90 % of my in game time. What do you have now? Ergo in Inf, Pande, PF's, BS (TL5 and TL7 being the most frequent visited ones), Sec42, Tara, Bor, Xan, the major pre 200 levelling areas in SL and other spots I've forgotten I'm sure.
    Or I could simply look at FC's quarterly financial, where AO is lovingly described as "steadily declining revenue" to determine that there are alot fewer people than there were.

Need ICRT?
    No?

And Im not buffing you with mine.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.