Thread: More on merge the servers.

Unhappy More on merge the servers.

Sent a mail to CZ, here is his reply:

> Question is as following: Do Funcom plan to merge the servers soon? Most
    > people I know want to either move their chars to rk1 from rk2, or merge the
    > servers.

<CZ>No plans for merging.

Doh.

Oh well. I had to ask. Some day perhaps.
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

God, I hope not.

I like my nice clean RK-2.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Arrow

Rk2 is the default selection on login screen now.

So if you're new to AO, or log in to your account on a computer you haven't used before, thats the starting selection.

If AO ever got real popular for some reason, Rk2 would probably be the crowded server
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Good lord? You serious, Merc?

Save me from the armies of incoming... oh, wait. Hah. Incoming players. Nevermind.

RK-2 has been the default dimension selection for a long, long, long time now. So don't worry, I doubt you'll be faced with droves of newbies any time soon
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

There are two things that FC specifically could do that would make me quit AO for sure. (Mind you, I've come close due to other reasons, ie, my dislike of 99% of the playerbase, but we're talking FC-specific here).

1> Nerf my precious smurf suit
    2> Merge RK1 & RK2

No way in hell do I want to be subjected to the overcrowding, campingfest, and lagfest that is RK1. No way in hell do I want to deal with the economy that RK1 would bring into the picture if the servers were merged. If the german server had existed when I started playing AO, I would have gone there. Smaller server = good, for me, and I would say the majority of RK2 agrees.

I know a hell of a lot of people on RK2 and I don't know -anyone- who wants to move their characters to RK1. Many of my friends on RK2 are refugees from RK1...

--K

i played on RK2 once...how exactly do you people level anyway when you cant find a good 6 person team for hours?
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

I never had trouble finding a team when I played my agent.

Now that I'm playing a fixer, I solo, because I much, much prefer to play the game this way and actually can with this character.

--K

I've only been playing this game for a month, only one character, on RK2, and I don't ever plan on playing on RK1. RK2 puts enough strain on my crappy old PC. RK1 would probably cause my CPU to overheat and burst into flames, causing my house to burn down.
    Cornear
    Engineer, RK2

lol yeah that'd suck
    Cronoco

Originally posted by Cronos
    i played on RK2 once...how exactly do you people level anyway when you cant find a good 6 person team for hours?
    Never had a problem finding a team on RK-2, even when I was a gimpyfix (before 14.4).

strange...maybe its cause i'm clan...
    Cronoco