Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please implement more 'classic visual style' AO content- grittier and darker content

I think both points I mentioned were what's gonna make the difference between real and instanced cities, as well as the prices involving them, and what I gathered from Means post.

For the crap people who no longer play are selling, it's the org leader's responsibility to clean out shops.

Having much more paying comrades than froob ones, I only saw the ones who were paying leave mostly.

That said, your auction house idea isn't something I rejected, but that was not the intention of the dev team, and I doubt it will appear any time soon.

Buildings aren't useless though if you rp (I know minority of the people), and they don't induce that much lag. I got no supercomputer, but I barely get lag whatsoever.

About sitting in middle of nowhere, most sources are usually in middle of nowhere (cities use notum sources to work), so that's not even something to be pissed at.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    I think both points I mentioned were what's gonna make the difference between real and instanced cities, as well as the prices involving them, and what I gathered from Means post.
    Prices per month and for buying site are same as before atleast last patch on test. Difference is that current day cities go for huge amount extra credits cause they are so rare.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

/end city instancing discussion

please make a new thread if you want to keep talking about it, this is strictly for a general "classic visual style" content implementation

I don't expect them to re-work anything that's already done, but I hope Funcom considers this suggestion when planning for new content in the near future.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    /end city instancing discussion

please make a new thread if you want to keep talking about it, this is strictly for a general "classic visual style" content implementation

I don't expect them to re-work anything that's already done, but I hope Funcom considers this suggestion when planning for new content in the near future.

thanks
    And the removal of non-instanced cities is relevent to your "classic visual style" discussion, as the cities are NOT of a "classic visual style".

in that cyborg barracks near totw is some bloke with his head chopped on lying on a table

need moar of this

Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    And the removal of non-instanced cities is relevent to your "classic visual style" discussion, as the cities are NOT of a "classic visual style".
    I just want them to implement new content, not go back and change it, which is my point

please just continue it in a new thread, its a good discussion just wrong place

I find those dark places rather bold and ugly. Yes the Xan playfields look like that "dark old rk style" and they are the most boring places I have seen I quite a while.

The phasefront bikes, alien design, alien mothership, mechs (and Shadowlands) are some fine designs. They have a style and dont just look like "one texuture fits all". Please rather continue this way :-)

Plus for me the old ao stlye is more newland lake, a green meadow and leets running around. bright and peaceful.

well most of the xan playfield is randomly placed tight quarter rocks,

I wish you could post images in this forum like the reets retreat forum, check the links I posted earlier

Hmm, some missions are pretty cool mostly those with either ultra-clean look or old subway style. I still love that there is part of wall where someone is hanging from sword stabbed thrue him...

Classic style is quite wide, from ultra-clean and some marmory looking stuff to deserts and such. I would like to see something in style of old arrival hall.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

I actually always said AI cities needed to scale based on org size. Small huts for 1-man farming orgs, cities only for large ones.
    But I digress.
    I too love the old style.
    Omni-1, the Junkbots, some of those really sweet armours, the noose near the medusa territory...

It's definitely what I prefer.

Incidentally that's one thing about the LE mechs I love. They fit that visual style perfectly.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

Quote Originally Posted by Tryqz View Post
    Incidentally that's one thing about the LE mechs I love. They fit that visual style perfectly.
    yeah , they look great

Hmm maybe I should post some gorier stuff I found yesterday. Some parts of level desing is pretty intresting.

Quote Originally Posted by noobastank View Post
    bump x 5000

and, I'd be down for seeing another froob dungeon for levels 80-130. or one for 140-180 type level ranges.

With gritty content. Biomare/smugglers/old DB ftw.

Less monsters, more human(esque) enemies. More evidence of subterfuge/"anarchy"/treachery for the Omni-tech Corporation/ notum mining/

How about an underground notum running ring, run by some war harden neutrals? (Thinking like mad max or something...) Could introduce some decent mid game content for neutrals (specifically) in the TL4-6 range, usuable by all though... like a neutral neck item option?

or how about some oddball buffing/skill type items that froobs can use. And some decent options for mid game melee fighters to rival perenium line.

er, offtopic. Bump for OP!!!

Bump for OP!

Also bump for new froob dungeons lvl ranges 90-150 and 130-180 or something. Together with the +RK-XPitem paying players suggestion-thread RK could be cool again even for non-froobs RK is the core of Anarchy Online in my opinion, not shadowlands.

Gritty content ftw. AI/LE is too shiny.
    Hermesia RK2 Fixer

Jesus rolls 20 and saves!

I'm out killing General Kronillis in PW ,

mmmmm Dust brigade commander armor <3

I'd really love a more Blade Runner-esque cold, dark, dystopian cyberpunk look. Make the streets narrower in omni cities, more mazelike, add all kinds of small cornershops to the street level, LAYER the cityscape and make the buildings reach into the sky so it's dark and dim at the bottom street level. Neon lights, Phasefront cabs, rain, murk, more dim little back-alley bars. Luxurious shops and clubs on the higher levels extending well above the lower-class street dwellers. Sewage drains and dirt!

Old Athen should look like a worn, beaten-up version of this. Have roughly half of the buildings out of official use, bombed out and inhabited by low-lives and lurking mutants, and give the Rubi-Kan criminal underground good dwelling places for blackmarket activity to happen. There should be thieves, hackers, smugglers and swindlers fighting for territory. Underground networks and secret societies nesting in abandoned houses.

Desert towns are quite good as they are, and Tir feels big and much like a maze, though the buildings could be taller and the empty space at the middle, with the Fair Trade and Silverstone's spot, feels .. empty. It could be replaced with a marketplace like the one around Reets.

More functional interiors. No more doors that lead nowhere or mini-missions, give us interior spaces that feed and encourage roleplay - offices, abandoned nightclubs, warehouses, overall places to gather in secrecy and use creatively for RP purposes, *PRISONS*, clinics, more places like the interesting interiors in 4 Holes. Furnish them so that they can be inhabited, give RK apartments beds and kitchens and windows, give the furniture collision so we can sit on our sofas and use our tables.

Add more clothes to Miiir shops. Replace the strange, neon-coloured oddball clothes with something more like the Red/Blue/Orange/whatever rubber suits - good-looking, appropriately sci-fi themed outfits made with effort and care. Black, grey, steel blue, neon accents, olive green, shiny latex, leather, cyber corsets for females, more unique sunglasses and hats to accessorize with (the visors are great, alternative looks would be fantastic), headphones, bodysuits. Clothes to endure desert conditions for those who don't live within the comfort of city walls - the Nomad armors are nice, but we could really use some variety with shawls, protective masks, more ragged and worn-out looks for clothes - something along the lines of a mix between the Nomad and Sentinel armors.

Also add social interiors to desert towns, too. I'm sure a lot of people would like to roleplay desert dwellers, but the current conditions kinda force everyone to stick to a few select cities.

Revamp Borealis. In its current form it doesn't feel like an inhabited city at all. There are no social interiors (except one near the Subway), no proper places for people to gather, no citylike functions, it's too blank and cramped and uninspiring with a few shops. When people start hanging out on the street, it means there's severe need for a social gathering place. Again, give more incentive to roleplay - Borealis's setting is great for faction conflict and illegal trade among all other things. It would be a great hub for people to meet in and mingle, right now it only attracts PVPers.

Newland I don't actually have much complaints about at all. It's laid out pretty well, though there are too many doors leading nowhere.

Crap, this turned out longer than it was supposed to D:

Edit: Hell, I'll even sketch up some ideas and post them whenever I'm not overburdened with work.
    Last edited by Mirura; Jun 30th, 2009 at 22:56:10.

*Bump*
    Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    I wish they would move all cities to the instanced PF and remove the ones on RK completly. I dont need to feel like I am next to Las Vegas every time I turn about.
    ... and for this *Bump* again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirura View Post
    I'd really love a more Blade Runner-esque cold, dark, dystopian cyberpunk look. Make the streets narrower in omni cities, more mazelike, add all kinds of small cornershops to the street level, LAYER the cityscape and make the buildings reach into the sky so it's dark and dim at the bottom street level. Neon lights, Phasefront cabs, rain, murk, more dim little back-alley bars. Luxurious shops and clubs on the higher levels extending well above the lower-class street dwellers. Sewage drains and dirt!

Old Athen should look like a worn, beaten-up version of this. Have roughly half of the buildings out of official use, bombed out and inhabited by low-lives and lurking mutants, and give the Rubi-Kan criminal underground good dwelling places for blackmarket activity to happen. There should be thieves, hackers, smugglers and swindlers fighting for territory. Underground networks and secret societies nesting in abandoned houses.

Desert towns are quite good as they are, and Tir feels big and much like a maze, though the buildings could be taller and the empty space at the middle, with the Fair Trade and Silverstone's spot, feels .. empty. It could be replaced with a marketplace like the one around Reets.

More functional interiors. No more doors that lead nowhere or mini-missions, give us interior spaces that feed and encourage roleplay - offices, abandoned nightclubs, warehouses, overall places to gather in secrecy and use creatively for RP purposes, *PRISONS*, clinics, more places like the interesting interiors in 4 Holes. Furnish them so that they can be inhabited, give RK apartments beds and kitchens and windows, give the furniture collision so we can sit on our sofas and use our tables.

Add more clothes to Miiir shops. Replace the strange, neon-coloured oddball clothes with something more like the Red/Blue/Orange/whatever rubber suits - good-looking, appropriately sci-fi themed outfits made with effort and care. Black, grey, steel blue, neon accents, olive green, shiny latex, leather, cyber corsets for females, more unique sunglasses and hats to accessorize with (the visors are great, alternative looks would be fantastic), headphones, bodysuits. Clothes to endure desert conditions for those who don't live within the comfort of city walls - the Nomad armors are nice, but we could really use some variety with shawls, protective masks, more ragged and worn-out looks for clothes - something along the lines of a mix between the Nomad and Sentinel armors.

Also add social interiors to desert towns, too. I'm sure a lot of people would like to roleplay desert dwellers, but the current conditions kinda force everyone to stick to a few select cities.

Revamp Borealis. In its current form it doesn't feel like an inhabited city at all. There are no social interiors (except one near the Subway), no proper places for people to gather, no citylike functions, it's too blank and cramped and uninspiring with a few shops. When people start hanging out on the street, it means there's severe need for a social gathering place. Again, give more incentive to roleplay - Borealis's setting is great for faction conflict and illegal trade among all other things. It would be a great hub for people to meet in and mingle, right now it only attracts PVPers.

Newland I don't actually have much complaints about at all. It's laid out pretty well, though there are too many doors leading nowhere.

Crap, this turned out longer than it was supposed to D:

Edit: Hell, I'll even sketch up some ideas and post them whenever I'm not overburdened with work.

I usually dont quote long paragraphs of text like this but

you nailed it

And I agree on the whole 'AI cities look fugly' sentiment. Why couldn't FC just stick with the original design? I think the old one looks far, far better and more fitting to the game atmosphere.

And I agree on the whole 'AI cities look fugly' sentiment. Why couldn't FC just stick with the original design? I think the old one looks far, far better and more fitting to the game atmosphere.
    =O THAT is what they had as the concept?

WOW. I want the cities to look like that! Bump!
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

YES!!!!!

I remember when i first saw that, I was so pumped!

that would have been fantastic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast