Thread: war... there is none...

war... there is none...

Let’s face it, the only way we could start a war is if FC decides it wants a war. After that, they will make some changes in suppression gas and things will be on its way.
    FC sells there product saying how omni and the clans are at war. Yet when you buy the game, you find out the only war is between players & NPCs. I can remember watching the movie right before I played AO for the first time. I thought, I was about to enter a world of chaos. Yet there are no battles to be found.

FC, it is time.

It is time to start a war. It is time to show that we are at war. And it is time to show battles, guns, ships, CHOAS. A world at war should be a war where everyone is scared. Not one place should be completely safe. Suppression gas is the worst thing to happen to war. We are we at war! Why aren’t cities getting bombed!? Why aren’t people dieing!?!?! Why isn’t ANYTHING happening!?!?!?

This is war. Every single minute there should be a chance that you could die. Every single minute there should be a possibility of an attack. Every single minute there SHOULD be a chance of chaos.
    But, there is no chance.
    There is just no chance.
    But... FC you have a chance... before SWG comes out show the people you can cause a war.
    And people will stay.
    And more people will come.
    And people will say we are at war... finally

Strongly agree on that, the prblem is :

1) griefers - Some people take pride in ruining peoples game, although to be honest I have NEVER been griefed, or seen any serious griefing going on in game, the problem is more no 2

2) whiners - these people are ruining the game, all they care about is their personal rise to lvl 200 and Uber loot. They see getting killed by another player as greifing, because they didn't want to be killed. They also don't wnat to be killed by mobs either, but they can't claim a MOb "griefed" them insyead they'll moan that there proffession is gimped and demand changes be put in to make their proffession UBER.

I think a lot of people on AO would like to see a more wartorn place. I know being ganked as I'm trying to get to a mission might be annoying but, thats war and I'd accept it, Personally I refuse to buff or give creds to clanners, I often get called gay and told to grow up, but equally as often I get complimented and told it's nice to see someone who cares about the war.

I think that FC won't be prepared to risk a lot of thier player base on these changes, especially as they need to tweak a few proffs still (Thankfully us enfs have allways been quite balanced)
    Hopefully things will change with the booster pack but we'll see.

If your ever looking for a roleplaying pvp guild (Yes we roleplay and arn't scared to enter combat - even though we are not uber)
    then give me (Drlog) or Littlehorror or Miksta a /tell in game and we'll recruit you.
    I quested all the way to Penumbra, and I didn't even get a lousy t-shirt.

I read somewhere that Omni controlled the Insurance terminals the very same Insurance Terminals that everyone use to be resurected. It would really suck if Omni got it into their heads to use these terminals to brain wash everyone into Omni Peons. The Clans would have no choice but to raid their main Insurance master terminal the insuing battle could fragment the terminals causing them to have to switch to backup terminals one located in each zone which would only control all the insurance terminals in the area but only for the faction that controlled the master terminals. Placing outposts near these terminals could help protect them and where you could insurure yourself would be directly controlled by whether or not your factioned controlled the locale main terminal.

Talk about a war then.

exchange the lightning effect to an artilery hit and i'd be more in the mood. (of course set an damage from it too)
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

I'm predicting there will be a war - but it will be Omni-Rubi-Ka and the Clans vs Omni-Prime and subverted ICC forces.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Think it's a bit more complicated then that. This has been coming to a head for thousands of years. (Read Prophet/Timeline) What it is exactly, who knows, but I think any OT vs Clan vs ICC vs Other corporations is just a filler till Funcom gives us the real story.

Oh no..there is no war...

There is only supression gas and care bear loving flowing all over the place. When will it end?
    .: Naraya :.

storyline

Once upon a time, there was a planet ravaged by war.

Everyone was fighting, it was dangerous and exciting.

Then they invented suppression gas.

The end.

Jasni mate I'm with you 100%, I've even tried starting up a thread and a poll (look at my sig) but hey, no one likes war these days.
    Thats why I'm gonna play ShadowBane....