Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Versions of Hellfyre Suit

Aye, bump again.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Metalynx View Post
    100 to nanoskills be a bit too much, maybe a slight bit less (otherwise you will see a TON of those glaicer suits running around.

Then again, a NT couldnt use Deck nukes with it......soooo why not?
    +100 to nanoskills seems pretty fine, just like +100 to ranged skills was fine, and +100 to melee skills would be fine.

I don't quite get what you're saying about the NT comment. Social armor has never locked out any weapons, and if you're saying that in this case it should, I'd say that the statement is naught but unnecesary NT hate (in which case I would be quite disapointed in you, Metalynx ;P).
    Metalynx, hey, Metalynx!
    Is there any Smoked Reet left?

"You ate it all already, didn't you?"
    Nyoro~n

I'm sure there'd be lots of these suits running around. I actually think lower ql versions wouldn't hurt either, but that's just me and my liking the idea of battlesuits vs how they wind up working out in game (the idea of a self-contained butt kicking piece of armor is pretty cool, battlesuits as they're implemented outside of Hellfyre are not so cool.)

Upon hearing that there were going to be new Battlesuits I pretty much jumped for joy, I hope some of these ideas make it in to the final cut!

I'd like to see the requirements of the Hellfyre suit, or any subsequent suit based off it, reduced to 900/900.

Its very nature, being social armour that does not work with all but a very select collection of items makes it very difficult to equip for a wide group of people - which also limited its popularity severely. And of course even if you get it on, theres a great deal of people who couldn't maintain it out of oe.

By its benefits, its clearly geared at casual players who want a nice bit of armour without spending their entire lives farming money. As the OP eludes to, it is the poor mans CSS. What casual player gets 1000 strength and 1000 agility without wearing any armour at any level except 220. Its contradictory in design.

900/900 makes it a lot more accessable to equip, a good 213ish, a great 210ish. And for those casual folks, somewhere between 215 and 220. This would also be true for proposed varieties.

Like it or not, most 220's in this game are multi-billionares, with the way the Nodrop markets work. They are highly lucrative, and quite accessable for small groups to make good fast money out of it. Anyone whos rich wont want this, anyone who isnt, cant equip it. Can't recall the last time I saw a non-froob in a battlesuit.

Btw, I like the idea of multiple battlesuits. One of the recent FWM's mentioned one of the dev's wants to play around with making more battlesuits, and it seemed they were talking about more than just an item with stats on it. New looks, new feels, new applications. Me, I'd love to be a miniature unicorn for a while. Or variation on this. Big shoulder dynamos, huge guns with ammo belts, big bulky space suit. Mmmm.
    Gone. Total Levels: 3993 AI Levels: 343. Gear: 200-220B

Quote Originally Posted by NixBood View Post
    +100 to nanoskills seems pretty fine, just like +100 to ranged skills was fine, and +100 to melee skills would be fine.

I don't quite get what you're saying about the NT comment. Social armor has never locked out any weapons, and if you're saying that in this case it should, I'd say that the statement is naught but unnecesary NT hate (in which case I would be quite disapointed in you, Metalynx ;P).
    Well the only thing I was looking at was a nt wearing one (getting 100 nanoskills) then slapping a Deck on (another 100 nanoskills). Given that its a single bit of armor to be gained, compared to a full suit of Arith (for example) it would be far too easy to get +200 nanoskills, compared to collecting a suit of armor piecemeal (gotta have some challenge).

Course I wouldnt complain I guess, would make it bargin basement easier to get my NT a suit of armor

Battlesuits shooting magic from their hands for the win!
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

bump

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.

man, my timing sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

combat medic battle armor: adds nanoskills + heal effeicency + %cost + aad
    combat technician battle armor: add nanoskill + %nano dmg + aad
    combat soldier battle armor: dmg+ aao +>>> reflects <<<+ ranged skills
    notum miner exoskeleton: melee skills + more aao + hp
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

The problem with add reflect armor is you have more than just Soldiers that would use it. Shield MPs have the ability to get up a hell of a lot of reflects for a squishy 'support' prof, and if you give them any more they'll stop being mortal altogether. If they put it in tho, I'd use it. I'd have done the same thing with the Charon if it made it in with the 90% reflect it started life with.

That said, there's a lot of potential options for any suit, so I'm open to suggestions.

as a soldier i use the 5% from ofab back and 7% from rk bracer. soldier is all about the reflects. if there is no reflect mod id never use any kind of battlesuits.

even the rk abaddon suit added 2% and 4% for fire dmg. i think 5% to 15% reflect mod is a must.

if a mp wants to use the reflect battlesuit with zero nanoskill buffs thats fine with me

maybe the mods for the battlesuits can be like the upgrade slots like the upgrade cards for the abaddon suit?
    also would be nice if you use a built in weapon on the battlesuit instead of your own weapon
    would be awsome if i can wear a battlesuit and fire dual laser cannons or giant chainguns

i wish battlesuits would be walking tanks of destruction with like -2000 runspeed debuff and insane dmg. *dreams
    Last edited by thecheeseman; Sep 14th, 2009 at 07:37:20.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

oh hai
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

The suits are nice for cheap runnings, as it's not all that uber, and many will after endgame raiding opt for something else. As someone who doesn't have 50 alts and hasn't been playing the game for years, it would be a nice piece of gear. The battlesuits have traditionally not been worn much, as they simply couldn't compete with gear made out of various pieces of armor with individual bonuses. It could fly. I see a few of the hellfyre suits around, provided they're not social tabbed..
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Indeed, Masta, which is why I made this suggestion. The Magma suit's great for replacing CSS while not managing to outpower it. I'd pop it on a pistol toon while farming up other stuff, for instance.

A few other varieties would do wonders for those who are slower on farming the creds/ai drops but still want to have a competitive setup.

And for whatever reason, battlesuits in general can't be social tabbed. Shame, I've had a Magma suit on my MP for ages and would have been happy to run around in it for social for a while instead of my MP T3, but I got that before I got my 225 scout suit, I did intend to put it to use in the event I needed to.

I bump this thread!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

so do I!
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast