Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Versions of Hellfyre Suit

More Versions of Hellfyre Suit

Basically what it says on the tin, you have Poor Man's CSS for the original suit, and I like that. I'd like to see similar suits based on CM and CS, since nano users and melee users feel left out, by far and away, by the original Hellfyre suit.

Pretty simple. AI armor might or might not drop in price but the Hellfyre suit is at once a novelty and also a useful if not 'uber' item on its own accord. I think while the Hellfyre Magma Suit is nice, Granite (HP/Melee version) and Glacier (Nanoskils/some evades) would be equally nice to see drop every so often from the Dreadloch mobs, and would round out the needs of players easily.

oooooh, I like the sound of this
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

give one a cow gloves mesh

and also a combined digammas commando battle suit of impending doom

I still find it funny for a battle suit to add to nanoskills, but I guess to each their own.
    The one I suggested ( in this thread http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=553915 ) gave the boost needed to melee profs, with a bit more add on to the ranged that is already there.
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

My only problem is I don't see a need to have one suit buff all that much, that's just short of the Digamma suit there and I think that won't fly. Hellfyre suits that mirror certain popular combined types (like the Magma suit is a mirror of the ever-popular CSS) would be a nice idea, likely not OP, and would bring new interest to the Dreadloch mobs again (or more interest to the Dread services, your choice.

bump for this
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_One View Post
    I still find it funny for a battle suit to add to nanoskills
    We can say it's made of an advanced notum alloy that allows for better communication with nanobot swarms

or somesuch
    Last edited by Callmeburma; Jun 1st, 2009 at 08:55:18. Reason: I have fat fingers
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

Either way it wont get a warm response, I even split Hellfyre suit into melee and ranged version in original thread and people still say its over powered. If you add nanoskills to it they wont like it. Unless suit has no weapon skills or dmg, and just nanoskills.
    Last edited by Grim_One; Jun 1st, 2009 at 16:12:52. Reason: spell check !
    Major "Grimclaw" Sinister Solitus - Enforcer | Alucard "Opigrim" Ashwell Opifex - Shade | Queen "Shoomi" Hex Opifex - Keeper

The idea is to have weaker versions of combined scouts or combined mercs as suits, much like how the original suit is Combined Sharpshooters, for example. So there'd be one with melee skills and mad HP, but not so hot evades. Another would be nanoskills and some evades similar to the hellfyre, but no weaponskills.

Well none of the stats on current suit should be any lower if ranged skills are replaced with melee. With that in mind , how about to post some actual numbers on what you would really like to see like I did in other thread. Split it up into how ever many suits you think are needed.

bump for this

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 15 seconds.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

It's pretty simple, actually, my idea for the suits. replace the ranged weaponskills with melee weaponskills or nanoskills at the same level, so instead of 100 to all ranged weaponskills (Magma) you'd have 100 melee skills (Granite) or 100 to all nanoskills (Glacier).

Keeping with the 'weaker version of a combined suit' theme, for the Granite suit you'd lose the evades and replace it with 200 body dev and another 2k HP on top of that. Glacier suit would have the 100 nanoskills and keep the rest, maybe losing some of the Add. Damage for Healing Efficency and/or Nanodamage.

I'll post specifics when I have time (currently helping orgmate atm).

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Keeping with the 'weaker version of a combined suit' theme, for the Granite suit you'd lose the evades and replace it with 200 body dev and another 2k HP on top of that.
    If anything the melee user should have more evades then a ranged user. To take them away completely would be a mistake.

Melee and Nano-Versions would be too cool
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

bump

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 42 seconds.

Wow, now it all makes sense
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)

So stats for Hellfyre Granite would look like:

6500 ACs, with Melee AC at 7000

100 to all primary melee weapon skills, so 1hb/2hb/1he/2he/etc.

+3000 max health
    +1000 max nano

125 AAO
    125 AAD

250 Body dev

+295 all damage (or 290, etc)

Critical Chance 5-8

Suit would be colored very dark grey, and could possibly have a Scale bonus to it as well.

My first whack at the Glacier suit looks like:

6500 ACs, with Cold at 7000

+1000 max health
    +3000 max nano

+100 to all nanoskills

+125 AAO
    +125 AAD

At this point 2 options could be done for this suit: Either go with the more popular Combined Scouts option, which would lead with 150 to all evades, or with the Combined Officers, which would add more -nanocost, nano pool, and max nano. I would guess that the Combined Scouts would win a quick vote, though so for now it'll be:

+150 to all evades

Additional Nano Damage +10%
    Healing Efficency: +10%

(Those are rough guesses. In lieu of having +damage, the Glacier suit would boost nanodamage and healing output instead. The tough call is trying to determine what a good % number for both would be, 10% is assumed to be a decent assumption to replace the loss from switching from equipment.)

The Glacier battlesuit is colored light blue, maybe even 'notum' blue.

I assume the AAO/AAD stays the same along with some parts of the HP/NP bonuses because they're meant to simulate a token board, and any equipment bonuses you wouldn't be getting from wearing the battlesuit instead.

Bit of a necro, but I was also sigging this particular thread so it's relevant. I noticed that in the latest Friday without Means that there's mention of new battlesuits so there's good hope for this!

100 to nanoskills be a bit too much, maybe a slight bit less (otherwise you will see a TON of those glaicer suits running around.

Then again, a NT couldnt use Deck nukes with it......soooo why not?

I like the ideas. Id kill for the Glacier one for a few of my toons (for fun).
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast