Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Cryday with Means - May 15th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Verta View Post
    Killing hecks is not much fun even first time round, And that other FC game does not have much grind btw, it does have some best solo and team instances in mid levels I have ever seen. FC does know how to make the mob killing business a lot less tedious than what we have here.
    To be fair, PVM is a bit different in that game. Combat isn't "TAB-Q12345 Where's the next mob?"

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixOfAges View Post
    Like with the typical OST team at lower lvls, I all on my own can often kill the hecks at about twice the rate or faster than a group of about six do. Even if they are around the same lvl as me and fighting just one heck. They then proceed to complain bitterly to me with hate tell spam. Next the OST starts chasing me around purposely ODing me so as to deny me XP then gathers a mess of hecks to drop on me so as to kill me. All of that just makes me hate them all the more and every so often I send a petition..
    You are full of crap.

Do you think everyone here is stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by doubbleagent View Post
    You are full of crap.

I've personally had similar happen several times back when I was doing Ely.
    Yes, a lot of those teams really are that gimp.
    And yes a good percentage of the time the OST, which is usually run by someone afk'd in the team,
    will then be a prick and do stupid stuff like that.

I've personally never bothered with a petition because if the OST is following me around hassling me, the team isn't leveling.
    And as I tend to play survivalist toons and setups over DD etc,
    being trained almost always results in saving me the time of running around myself.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by meatybtz View Post
    The problem isnt XP or even leveling. Its a game where the only goal is empty and grindy so players seek to minimise it.

Attack the fundemental problem.. not the symptom. Rocket leveling, OST, Kiting are all born of the nature of the real problem. They are not the problem in and of itself. The problem is the static nature of the game coupled with the fact that all balancing and new content is balanced towards one factor only: Level 220... what this does is make any other level irrelevant. The player answer to this is to get to the "relevant" level of playing as fast as possible.

It needs to be a journy and it isnt so no wonder players dont want to meander through the long and grueling process for no real purpose or reason.. other than to be grindy. One of the classic examples is Crowd Control nanos being essentially useless till your at or near 220. Roots and Snares dont work because mobs have enormous NR and Resists... those few that do land break instantly in SL. The pervading thought is I need to be 220 for my tool kit to work because prior to that its nerfed or incomplete or just outright useless. This things need to be addressed.
    Agree 100%
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

About time we got hover cars.

Will there be a Taxi Skin for them?

Sotto Mahoney - MULTIPASS!

*jumps into hover taxi and speeds away unaware that they have collision detection and slams into a leet*

"You just had an accident! You have one point left on your license"
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

this thread is full of whiners please close it dowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

Quote Originally Posted by Solssss View Post
    this thread is full of whiners please close it
    Cryweek for cryday.
    Still I want Funcom to say something about our cry. Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    About time we got hover cars.

Will there be a Taxi Skin for them?
    Already in the DB.. already in the DB.. texture 19940
    69 Taxi skin

Kind Regards
    Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Verta View Post
    Though I agree with the general sentiment, you are wrong about this one. Levelling is there to force you to spend more time in game, while paying subscription fee.
    I said "Lvling isn't there just to force you to spend more time in game." Of course they want you to spend more time playing, that's why they've been going nodrop happy since LE. Pretty much everything gets slapped with a nodrop tag so we have to spend time in game getting it for each char rather than farming with one and trading things around or buying it in the traditional way.

Then hecknoobs are hardly anything new. People have rushed there chars up to 220 in droves since long before LE. I remember prior to LE being in random AI raids where the gimptacular enf would hand out essences weaker than the one my fr00b enf could use which was half the level of that guy or less.

Then many people have always felt there was more to do or it was more fun at end game. Getting to lvl cap as soon as possible is often the goal of many players in any game. So this mad rush to 220 is nothing new at all.

Sure things could be better, but they could also be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by doubbleagent View Post
    You are full of crap.

If you don't want to believe me then suit yourself but that was the truth and I've run into that with pretty much all of my chars. I've also seen others relay similar experiences. The people in those OST teams can be just that gimp and that shouldn't be much of any surprise. What do you expect when they're not updating their gear much if at all for upwards of 200 levels? Many just sit on their asses as the NT ever so slowly nibble AoE nukes the hecks to death while the enf mongos steadily.

Quote Originally Posted by Menzagitat View Post
    Will MMORPG's ever be grind free?
    "Grind" has become more and more a subjective term, just like "nerf". which means, you will never ever see the end of it. one person's enjoyment is another person's grind.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by Menzagitat View Post
    [url]
    Will MMORPG's ever be grind free?
    I think I heard somewhere that The Secret World would not have any levels, just skill, so it might be a grind to increase your skill, I don't know, but it should hopefully be an adventure to do so and if they do it right then every character should turn out different.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Means,

I for one love the new apartments....but can we work it out so that MORE stuff can be put in them? I'm not sure what the current limit is in the apartments...i think it's like 20 items.

I've love to put more stuff in them..

Think about it...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    To be fair, PVM is a bit different in that game. Combat isn't "TAB-Q12345 Where's the next mob?"

true.. I don't use Q, I start with TAB LM,1234567

I actually liked the dungeons and dragons online combat system quite a bit, but then again, AO is way out of sync to use such combat system and most people don't like such a system anyway.
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Are you talking about AoC?

Heh. Can't wait to see how melee profs gonna get frustrated if they introduce similar fight mechanism for new AO. Everyone's gonna reroll to demos/necros... errr... I mean, NTs and MPs.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    Are you talking about AoC?

Heh. Can't wait to see how melee profs gonna get frustrated if they introduce similar fight mechanism for new AO. Everyone's gonna reroll to demos/necros... errr... I mean, NTs and MPs.
    Not everyone. I left Barb, DT and BS in AoC - I couldnt stand casters, melee is so much more fun in that game.

I admit that typical "stand in place q afk" AO players might get frustrated but who the hell cares really?

Quote Originally Posted by damon7 View Post
    Means,

I for one love the new apartments....but can we work it out so that MORE stuff can be put in them? I'm not sure what the current limit is in the apartments...i think it's like 20 items.

I've love to put more stuff in them..

Think about it...
    i counted it once, it was either 27, 28 or 29.. can't remember now.

its' enough to decorate a RK or regular jobe apartment.

but you have to be very selective on a jobe lux, it's to big to properly decorate with that limit.

and the new apartments look even bigger so yes bump for higher limits.

also it would be nice if there was a way to make the items in your apartment solid.. it's not much fun to put down a chair you can't actually sit in your aprtment.. making them fun to decorate but not very functional..

and i hate how they already have some things added to the apartment like it's partially decorated already, it makes them cookie cutter.

i'd also like to beable to grid into your jobe lux, currently you can only gird out.

and it would be nice if you could duplicate your key and give to other for them to visit when you're not there, or maybe joint apartments..

they should revamp them for sure, apartments as they are pretty much only fun till you decorate them then there is very little to do in them.
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678