Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bring back looting in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    The reality is that this happens ALOT less than you would like it to seem.

BTW, if you are running offensive aura in say ... Borealis, a public place, yes you deserve to get killed by a 'ganker'. So consider that 'flaw' considered.
    Every time this happens is one time to often. This is a flaw that can't be overlooked if you implement such a looting feature. You can't be 100% sure that you wont get flagged using your toolset in pvm, and I aint talking about borealis. If you really have an engi, and this never happened to you than I wonder how often you play that engi. No it doesn't happen every week, but like I said, every time it happens it's one time to much.

I'm not a careless person, I've gotten used to it enough to remember canceling auras on leaving bs and entering bor. However, when I was new to the game I often forgot. This ain't a way to attract and keep new players. It's annoying enough to get killed once in a time because of your auras. Also, many pvm encounters atm still leave the option to flag up people with aoe offensive capabilities, and it happens from time to time. Once you add a gain to flagging people on purpose it will happen a lot more.

What's so bad about finding a good implementation. It's just pvp gimps who want easy loot imo. Make it hardcore, I made a suggestion for it, but obviously nobody liked it. I can only wonder why noone did.
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

I think it was pretty fun, and a good thing to have. Not that I ever looted or lost anything more valuable than a stack of ammo or a rollable nano.
    The whole reclaim procedure that always happened even if you weren't even killed in pvp was pretty annoying though, would be best if that only happened if someone actually got lootrights to something on you.

The grief aspect is also something that ideally should be worked out first, an enforcer or w/e who's out leveling shouldn't risk losing any stuff just because he used mongo and someone happened to be sneaking next to him with a flag. I don't know how to solve the last issue.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Karstasbiatc would be so billionaire already with corpse looting ^^ and giving us (NS players) free stuff by getting some AI stuff from gnaked player :P
    Ciassene

today I killed someone and got

All team members can loot these remains.

and pee'd a little in my pants

I was told

" No items in reclaim booth. Try later."

and was sad again

bring back reclaim

bring back loot in pvp

There would be MUCH more MR shades around especially fo looting heh Oo
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynicist View Post
    There would be MUCH more MR shades around especially fo looting heh Oo
    the thing is there really wouldn't

90% of the time you would get either an empty loot window or an item less than 1m in value

think bullets
    root grafts
    first aid stims
    monster parts
    random scraps of tradeskill processes
    bio material

that type of thing

when this game mechanic was active, it was not a secret, everyone knew about it. And if you didn't know, you found out the hard way once at a low level and never did it again. It promoted saving, people saved often.

Well...we had some funny events on rk3 .....this even needed some tactical things....

Omni had Tarasque once.....clan rushed them killed the looter and got tara loot....at past it was like loot tara and grid out as fast as you can and those things

thats fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Trike View Post
    Well...we had some funny events on rk3 .....this even needed some tactical things....

Omni had Tarasque once.....clan rushed them killed the looter and got tara loot....at past it was like loot tara and grid out as fast as you can and those things

thats fun!
    this is a good example, and would make tara a lot more fun again

Quote Originally Posted by Ciassene View Post
    Karstasbiatc would be so billionaire already with corpse looting ^^ and giving us (NS players) free stuff by getting some AI stuff from gnaked player :P
    But we are engs... I would fail.

What about 10% SK/XP penalty of your level for dying. Killer would gain half of it divided between team. I'm sure that pvp players would love this one ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Hmmmm

Think of a Tara Raid also....it would be chaos for whoever just looted some of the most valuable loot ever!
    and there will be no time for them to save....
    this really isnt a good idea at all...
    PvP doesnt need to involve any sort of XP/SK/Item reward...
    PvP is PvP....
    people would find ways to exploit getting people flagged.
    wait for them to loot something.
    then kill them..
    bad idea...
    never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAddict View Post
    Think of a Tara Raid also....it would be chaos for whoever just looted some of the most valuable loot ever!
    and there will be no time for them to save....
    this really isnt a good idea at all...
    PvP doesnt need to involve any sort of XP/SK/Item reward...
    PvP is PvP....
    people would find ways to exploit getting people flagged.
    wait for them to loot something.
    then kill them..
    bad idea...
    never going to happen.
    you just joined last month, try reading the thread then responding

also its very silly that your name is chaos addict yet you are aruing this would be chaos ...........
    Last edited by Ninj00; Jun 13th, 2009 at 08:43:06.

If they were to allow looting, the only thing that should be lootable would be a sausage looking thing named "E-peen". When you right click it, it plays an announcement in vicinity chat "XXXX is stroking his E-peen".

bump,

something to ****e pvp up again

maybe not looting enemies like back in the day, which was awesome.... but something

Something along the lines of the VP presents on BS, so its a separate loot from the players inventory.
    why Why WHY ?!?!?!

Bump just for something to lose in pvp again.

And yes, I pvped when you could be looted, there was a simple solution that most people could do, save.

Quote Originally Posted by mathmatikus View Post
    bump just for something to lose in pvp again.

And yes, i pvped when you could be looted, there was a simple solution that most people could do, save.
    bump

Bump, miss the good old pvp looting

you could loot people in bs if they had stuff in their reclaim(unsure if this still works but i got a couple ingots and some pb patterns around le launch it was cool)

I wasnt even really sure if reclaim still existed, I thought you couldnt even get your items sent there anymore

didnt FC nerf that?

They saved the reclaim terminals for returning players that forgot to empty it.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast