Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bring back looting in pvp

I heard a story once about someone getting a RBP looted from them in tir arena and thats why they took looting out of PvP. Any truth to that?
    I don't play this game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Talien View Post
    I heard a story once about someone getting a RBP looted from them in tir arena and thats why they took looting out of PvP. Any truth to that?
    Iirc, u couldnt loot nodrop items, and I had never heard that.

The good times, of which I spoke earlier, was when the Glyph turned ur name red, and was lootable when u were killed in pvp...thats how u GOT the glyph, generally. The red name said, "I pvp, come get some if u can". Added a lil flavor to it.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlifeinpast View Post
    Like others said,it was/is/will be the most stupid idea in AO.
    GZ Ninjoo,you owned all trolls.

this was ACTIVE and working in AO a few years ago, for several years...... its not just some bad idea I dreamed up

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Iirc, u couldnt loot nodrop items, and I had never heard that.

The good times, of which I spoke earlier, was when the Glyph turned ur name red, and was lootable when u were killed in pvp...thats how u GOT the glyph, generally. The red name said, "I pvp, come get some if u can". Added a lil flavor to it.
    RBP is a tradeable item, but the likelyhood of someone getting a RBP from pvp is next to zero

The pvp glyphs were also great.

that would be a nice change to reactiveae that

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    Forum join date.
    Which says nothing of game join date.
    this was ACTIVE and working in AO a few years ago, for several years......
    Yes, and it was also removed from the game several years ago.
    For FC to remove something from the game the disadvantages must outweigh the advantages by a hefty amount.
    RBP is a tradeable item, but the likelyhood of someone getting a RBP from pvp is next to zero
    Yet that was one of the reasons that this mechanic was removed, very rare items being looted.
    Between making such items NODROP and disabling PvP looting even hardcore PvPers agreed that the current solution was the best one.

Having some sort of special item that can be looted may be an idea. Like the glyph but obtainable from, say, some NPC somewhere.
    Anyone posessing this item is perma-flagged and attackable in all levels of gas. Colour their name as well, red for nostalgic reasons.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post

Having some sort of special item that can be looted may be an idea. Like the glyph but obtainable from, say, some NPC somewhere.
    Anyone posessing this item is perma-flagged and attackable in all levels of gas. Colour their name as well, red for nostalgic reasons.
    It was. And while having it didnt flag you (and imo, shouldnt), it was always lootable if it was carried.
    Because we said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    It was. And while having it didnt flag you (and imo, shouldnt), it was always lootable if it was carried.
    It was a suggestion to have a loot-mechanic in place without risking billions worth (and, more importantly, weeks/months of camping) of gear. ^^

Perma flag or not, isn't this for those hardcore PvPers?
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    It was a suggestion to have a loot-mechanic in place without risking billions worth (and, more importantly, weeks/months of camping) of gear. ^^

Perma flag or not, isn't this for those hardcore PvPers?
    I agree with no looting of phats. The red names started out as PvPers, but quickly became a fashion statement.
    Because we said so.

Red name from Jokers glyph and alien probe were removed with LE because the battle station uses red names to distinguish which side you are on.
    Last edited by Zandibel; May 13th, 2009 at 15:56:32. Reason: confusing.

...because yellow/purple/black name is obviously impossible to do vs. white/green/blue/red...

Originally it was this that was lootable in PVP and made names red. Does anyone remember why Funcom changed it to the glyph?
    Last edited by Keldros; May 13th, 2009 at 16:07:14.

Tell that to Inkash.... After I looted his Robust Backpack in PvP about 4 years ago (God... has it been that long?). And guess what happened about a month after? They took PvP looting out of the game. It is my fault you can no longer loot people in PvP. You're welcome.

Tell that to Inkash.... After I looted his Robust Backpack in PvP about 4 years ago (God... has it been that long?). And guess what happened about a month after? They took PvP looting out of the game. It is my fault you can no longer loot people in PvP. You're welcome.
    you think no one else has done that?

you are ego tripping

get over it

You think someone else looted a rbp from someone else in pvp? After you JUST said the chance of it happening is next to zero? I think that is the single most stupid comment I have ever heard in my life. No one has EVER lost a Robust Backpack by mistake in a fight outside of Equil (Played by Inkash) losing one to me. You can call it ego all you want but it is a fact. Ebayed ftw. Shhhh fake Ninjnab
    Last edited by Talien; May 13th, 2009 at 21:16:47.

Off topic.
    I find it amusing, how constructive posts of certain individuals get ignored, and the post getting drawn to some complete different matter, by people who disagree about the topic.

Lets sum it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    A little drawback, a little sting, because you just LOST the game (yes i just lost the game), makes you wanna try harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Gimme all your stuff. If you do not fear or lament losing your hard earned and coveted loot as you so imply by not including yourself in this carebear category then you will have absolutely no issue just handing out your loot to others.

I don't think it has anything to do with the "good ol days" because all that consisted of was the same PvP we have now but with different rewards. Slap on some old weapons and armour and bitch slap each other, voila, good ol days PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    I like the idea of tangible rewards for PVP. Implementation is easy IMO.

1. Kill someone
    2. Loot a pinky
    3. FC introduces a NPC to hand in pinkies
    4. You get 'something' from NPC in return, I would prefer VP but you can think outside the box like Ninj00 and ask FC to implement other stuff like rare loot points, veteran points, etc...

Non-exploitable if you limit the number of pinkies you can loot from one person, just like the diminishing returns on VP.

Of course, if they go back to old system, they would have to re-open the death bank too. I wouldn't mind that.
    Slightly trolling, but still got a point ON topic actually:

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    Bump for Ninj00's suggestion and his nostalgy.

And a big /lol at thoses that claims it would be a system to get loot we didn't work "on".
    You guys do raids(including pvp raids) in the most welfared PvM system and you dare telling him getting any kind of reward by killing someone from the opposite faction is something we do not deserve?
    Like Esq said recently, the LE generation is pretty sad.

Carebear Online.

Read the suggestions kink

Quote Originally Posted by K1nkstaah View Post
    There is no reason to add PVP looting.

It does not add fun to the game. It at very best transfers grief from the victim to glee from the winner, but overall the game's fun is not added to with something like this.

There are reasons it's really not in any games nowadays. (Yeah, Darkfall).

Please. If you do not agree, make a point about WHY you do not agree, consider the options of how to achieve the pvp looting too.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

You think someone else looted a rbp from someone else in pvp? After you JUST said the chance of it happening is next to zero?
    its just gross to hear you toot your own horn, its in your sig and your avatar title, its just overkill....

I'm sure its happened before, not everyone throws a party for themselves for 4 years over stuff like this

like you said its been 4 years let it go.......its ancient history......

send me a PM if you still want to argue about it,..

its just gross to hear you toot your own horn, its in your sig and your avatar title, its just overkill....
    Because you advertising your ebay adventures in your sigi is less vain.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Because you advertising your ebay adventures in your sigi is less vain.
    half of the point of that was to poke fun of the inflated egos people assume when they get online, as well as people taking this game too seriously

Others ake this game to seriously yet you get mad about me enjoying the fact I did something no one else did? And i bring it up cause it's still funny? Ok fake nin. Looks like someone takes jokes to seriously. I still think its HILARIOUS you went from saying the chances are next to zero that someone would loot a rbp to now TONS of people have done it.
    Last edited by Talien; May 14th, 2009 at 02:09:40.

Others ake this game to seriously yet you get mad about me enjoying the fact I did something no one else did? And i bring it up cause it's still funny? Ok fake nin. Looks like someone takes jokes to seriously. I still think its HILARIOUS you went from saying the chances are next to zero that someone would loot a rbp to now TONS of people have done it.
    I'm not mad at you I just think that claiming you were the sole reason PVP loot was removed from the game is a bit unlikely

Im not trying to suggest "tons" of people have done it, I said that I was sure someone had done it other than you.

Anyhow.

Shareida was that directed to me? I thought I had addressed their points and included several suggestions into my original post, although I still feel some of what you quoted is "crying wolf"

Do you think I really think I am the sole reason they took looting out? Of course not, but its FUN TO THINK SO. Take your own advice and stop taking things so serious.

Take your own advice and stop taking things so serious.
    point taken,

sorry about that.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast