Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bring back looting in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Oh, the "good" old times where people got a PVP tag, and sneaked around kite-hill.
    When they got hit by an NT AOE they killed the NT and stole all the ignots(multi-million item Hecklers drooped).

Sure, we should get that system back, it was sooo fun having other people deliberately ruining your game time, and getting the ARK reply "It is within the game rules, if he did it for loot, and not to grief you personally".
    Excellent point, how back then NT couldn't compete in PVP or PVM, and were required to kite since they couldn't find teams any other way.

Now cyberdeck actually has AR (even if it's only half what a soldier will have at a given level), cross-class perk specials are unchained, and there's double/triple/cat.

Bring back the mid-level game, and make kite teams defend their XP totem! Give pocket teams something to do beside follow/tab/Q!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    Perhaps a different implementation would be better though. For instance, players killed in PvP would transfer 50% of unsaved XP/SK to the victor? No item transfer. No credit transfer.
    Bump for that. A much nicer alternative, and could even give PvPers a way to level to 220 without *heaven forbid* PvMing. Debump for the opening post though.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

I don't think the OP was after easy phatz though. He probably just wanted to bring back some excitement to the game.
    exactly

and giving XP/SK when you are 220 is just dumb, no thanks.

there has to be some sort of solution to this conundrum

Carebears do not want to loose any of their so hard earned and desperately coveted loot

and in my opinion, PVP has become bland and without risk, or the 'thrill' it once had

I'd love to hear any more suggestions as to how we can bring that element of loss back, it has nothing to with gaining something in my opinion, or Epenis as someone said.

Its about an element of risk that adds ****e and flavor to an otherwise bland sandwich.

When looting Ninj00 you'ld get a box of toenails that you can sell on ebay.
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Quote Originally Posted by Fekal View Post
    When looting Ninj00 you'ld get a box of toenails that you can sell on ebay.
    fingernails

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00 View Post
    fingernails
    Think out of the box, toenails are more "interesting" ;-p
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

I'd rather have legendary titles brought pack - you'd have something to lose/gain again - and there was nothing wrong with that system.

exactly

and giving XP/SK when you are 220 is just dumb, no thanks.

Carebears do not want to loose any of their so hard earned and desperately coveted loot

and in my opinion, PVP has become bland and without risk, or the 'thrill' it once had
    If you want real hardcore pvp with hard risks, then you shouldn't be playing an MMORPG.

MMORolePlayingGames almost always have to include all aspects of a 3D world. Not just PvP. Not just PvM. That being the case, the game makers must not make PvP so hardcore that the PvM'ers shy away from it (considering that PvM'ers greatly outnumber the tiny hardcore pvp crowd).

About the carebear remark...no one in their right mind wants to lose any of their precious and hard earned loot. Do you just go handing out blank checks to strangers on RK4? No. Similar principles apply here so don't be stupid and start yacking about carebears like that. It only serves to make you look like a fool.

I dont believe some people seriously got hooked into discussion with that tool.
    Geeez.

lol.. this is GREAT idea, how are people frowning on this? and to anyone saying the OP thought of this just so he could sneak around and kill ppl all the time so he can get those CC pieces and RBP's well you reallllly need to gtfo because you dont understand what hes saying at all..

this would create a new aspect to open pvp, it could make city pvp more interesting.. it could make Bor pvp alot more interesting (2 people are fighting someone rolls up after doing some inf missions and he thinks he can help so he tries and gets wtfpwned by someone he didnt notice and gets looted) that would be perfect, he made the choice to attack knowing full well if he died he could get looted knowing what items he has in his inv that could be looted.. i mean, honestly to the people who are saying well what IFFF i trade my rbp and all my combined and then like accidently just attack someone?! i dont deserve to have all that stuff taken from me!! umm ya.. you do, you'd have to be a mentally challenged to do a transfer like that and not immediately save, and if you dont want to immediately save then dont pvp.. its simple, this mechanic would ONLY provide the opportunity for dumb people to get looted because they got cocky or were just dumb. and 220's and or twinks etc the people who are pvping on the regular are not xp/sk'ing so.. they dont have anything to worry about anyways its a rare situation to happen if that, and you dont know what anyone has in their inv how could you expect to get some piece of CC or anything like that? but theres that chance... which makes this a fun idea, and that's all it would provide.. fun in a more and more boring pvp scene, look at pvp now and look at pvp when whompa wars were around with all the retarded city guards.. look at pvp before the duel/flag system and how packed the arena's were even those days were more fun, so idk FC needs to do SOMETHING and this is if anything a step in the right direction.

end of story
    Lodi Barbu Dodi
    Inevitable CarpeDiem Inception

Substance Abuse - 219.20.65
    Pocket Advocate Antifear - 217.18.62
    Notorious Control - 211.15.50
    I Recover Everytime - 174.21.42

Veteran of REDEMPTION

Quote Originally Posted by Barbuu View Post
    i dont deserve to have all that stuff taken from me!! umm ya.. you do, you'd have to be a mentally challenged to do a transfer like that and not immediately save, and if you dont want to immediately save then dont pvp.. its simple, this mechanic would ONLY provide the opportunity for dumb people to get looted because they got cocky or were just dumb.
    Barbuu, I'm guessing you aren't at the age that you understand how things really work in the world so I'm going to explain something to you.

It's called a mistake. Making a mistake doesn't make you mentally challenged. It makes you human. It doesn't make you dumb. It makes you human.

Forgetting to save after transferring items (and perhaps attending to a RL emergency immediately after) doesn't mean you are stupid or dumb and deserving of losing 3B worth of items - as an example. It just means you are human.

Oh, and there's this thing called a sentence structure....look into it.

Barbuu, I'm guessing you aren't at the age that you understand how things really work in the world so I'm going to explain something to you.

It's called a mistake. Making a mistake doesn't make you mentally challenged. It makes you human. It doesn't make you dumb. It makes you human.

Forgetting to save after transferring items (and perhaps attending to a RL emergency immediately after) doesn't mean you are stupid or dumb and deserving of losing 3B worth of items - as an example. It just means you are human.

Oh, and there's this thing called a sentence structure....look into it.
    Get over it, some people just fear they could actually show their stupidness (err, human aspects) to the AO community.

You know, in other online games, if you make mistakes, you loose. Not in AO tho, or WoW.

Just a little Eve Online story. I was out in my little interceptor, net cost around 70 mill, and decided to tackle a battle ship. By logic it was clear there musta been something su****ios about this battle ship, i didnt care, i was bored and wanted him down. He turned out to have Smartbombs.
    Last edited by Shareida; May 10th, 2009 at 03:00:40.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    You know, in other online games, if you make mistakes, you loose. Not in AO tho, or WoW.
    Other online genres also do not require you to grind for 12 months in order to become competitive. Also, most other online genres have no form of RPG system, and if they do, it is mostly a levelling based system that you cannot lose points for dying (such as BF2145/Planetside).

As far as MMORPGs go, Eve Online is the exception, not the norm.

PS: This suggestion in its original form would be suicide if it was ever seriously considered.
    Last edited by AzureCat; May 10th, 2009 at 03:05:32.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureCat View Post
    Other online genres also do not require you to grind for 12 months in order to become competitive.

As far as MMORPGs go, Eve Online is the exception, not the norm.
    Eve Online is about cleverness and right judgment of the situation. Everyone can be competitive, practically from day one.

I liked the fact that you can loose something in Anarchy online. They took it all away, step by step. Now it seems like the perfect Disney cartoon happy ending.

For people denying that in reality you loose more as you win, it might be a pleasant experience, but it gets boring quick.
    A little drawback, a little sting, because you just LOST the game (yes i just lost the game), makes you wanna try harder.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

Get over it, some people just fear they could actually show their stupidness (err, human aspects) to the AO community.
    Really? I was sure it was the potention billions of credits in gear that they were afraid of losing....not pride. Or perhaps it's the potential weeks of camping nullified because of attending to a RL emergency? But you're sure it's just pride?

If you only knew how silly you sounded, shareida.

Really? I was sure it was the potention billions of credits in gear that they were afraid of losing....not pride. Or perhaps it's the potential weeks of camping nullified because of attending to a RL emergency? But you're sure it's just pride?

If you only knew how silly you sounded, shareida.
    "Well, sorry, you just lost millions of creds because you acted foolish?"

Sounds like an acceptable scenario to me.

I do not think you get my point still. What is something WORTH if you cannot loose it due to mistakes?

Don't you think it might actually be a good lesson to people to LEARN to avoid MAKING MISTAKES might be a good RL SKILL?
    Shareidah - First Order

Gimme all your stuff. If you do not fear or lament losing your hard earned and coveted loot as you so imply by not including yourself in this carebear category then you will have absolutely no issue just handing out your loot to others.

I don't think it has anything to do with the "good ol days" because all that consisted of was the same PvP we have now but with different rewards. Slap on some old weapons and armour and bitch slap each other, voila, good ol days PvP.

The only difference and the only reason you would request to bring back something is to bring back something that was removed. The old PvP is still there, legacy titles and getting loot are not.

I know this logic may seem a bit out there for someone such as you but try and grasp the concept. PvP as an action has only ever gotten new things, getting old school PvP back is simply a matter of changing your gear. PvP rewards on the other hand have changed and maybe you don't want other peoples items, but you certainly sound like you want the epeen that you can associate with "lol i looted this off some gimp" kind of statements that you can make to your friends.

If you miss risk, if you miss the excitement and frustration of losing stuff when you die in PvP put on some old **** and then hand over all your loot when you die. You remind me of Jenshie (or however you spell her name) and her hardcore server where you die and your toon is deleted. As in her case (you can manually delete the toon) and in yours (you can manually hand over the loot) you can get the result you feel is needed without messing with everyone elses enjoyment of the game.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Gimme all your stuff. If you do not fear or lament losing your hard earned and coveted loot as you so imply by not including yourself in this carebear category then you will have absolutely no issue just handing out your loot to others.

I don't think it has anything to do with the "good ol days" because all that consisted of was the same PvP we have now but with different rewards. Slap on some old weapons and armour and bitch slap each other, voila, good ol days PvP.

The only difference and the only reason you would request to bring back something is to bring back something that was removed. The old PvP is still there, legacy titles and getting loot are not.

I know this logic may seem a bit out there for someone such as you but try and grasp the concept. PvP as an action has only ever gotten new things, getting old school PvP back is simply a matter of changing your gear. PvP rewards on the other hand have changed and maybe you don't want other peoples items, but you certainly sound like you want the epeen that you can associate with "lol i looted this off some gimp" kind of statements that you can make to your friends.

If you miss risk, if you miss the excitement and frustration of losing stuff when you die in PvP put on some old **** and then hand over all your loot when you die. You remind me of Jenshie (or however you spell her name) and her hardcore server where you die and your toon is deleted. As in her case (you can manually delete the toon) and in yours (you can manually hand over the loot) you can get the result you feel is needed without messing with everyone elses enjoyment of the game.

I do actually like the Idea of a hardcore pvp zone, where you can be looted.

Slap on old equip, the better equip you put on, the better you perform, but the higher the risk to loose something valuable will be too. Awesome brainstorm you have there, Ayria.
    Shareidah - First Order

Don't you think it might actually be a good lesson to people to LEARN to avoid MAKING MISTAKES might be a good RL SKILL?
    I don't pay FC to teach me RL skills. I pay them to provide a game world for me to play in. RK4 will provide more than plenty opportunities for you to learn the hard way. It's not right that a game meant for enjoyment should provide even more of the same lessons.

I do actually like the Idea of a hardcore pvp zone, where you can be looted.

Slap on old equip, the better equip you put on, the better you perform, but the higher the risk to loose something valuable will be too. Awesome brainstorm you have there, Ayria.
    Perhaps we can revitalize WTF or the old arenas then. They require a conscious effort to enter and thus removes most chance of mistakenly losing something.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast