Thread: Bracers, rings-some questions

Bracers, rings-some questions

I have some questions about bracers and rings. First, what exactly do "Bracers of shielding- <insert damage type>" do? Do they actually protect the wearer from damage, or only hurt the attacker, or both?

Also, I want to ask the same question about bracers of reflection.

Do bracers of reflection or shielding of nano do anything? I think I read somewhere that they don't work?

The bracers that were changed in the 14.5 patch-are there better bracers still around, or were the better ones changed even if you had one? i.e., are there any lucrative prepatch bracers around?

Another thing: do rings of power add damage to NT nukes, or only guns and and other weapons? And is the damage that rings of power give a number, or a percentage?

If you can answer any of these questions, thanks a lot!

Do they actually protect the wearer from damage, or only hurt the attacker, or both?

They work exactly like a damage shield.
    There is no damage reduction.

Do bracers of reflection or shielding of nano do anything?

They a re a throwback to beta. At one point, nanoprograms actually did nano damage.
    Currently, they are totally useless.

The bracers that were changed in the 14.5 patch-are there better bracers still around, or were the better ones changed even if you had one?

All existing reflect bracers were changed.
    The old school reflect bracers no longer exist in the item database.

do rings of power add damage to NT nukes, or only guns and and other weapons?

Rings of Power only modify weapon damage.

And is the damage that rings of power give a number, or a percentage?

It's a static value, not a percentage.

Hey, thanks a lot! Those questions have been bugging me for a long time.