Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist

Didn t figured it for agent neither

I found this on the MP forum :
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Got a few minutes and tested it out and can confirm that Champion of Nano Combat perks are now set to use whatever damage type you have equipped at the time. Wield Energy AC damage, perks go to Energy damage type, Wield Melee damage type, perks follow suit.

I like this, quite a bit.
    So i would like to ask for a cyberdeck damage type change, from melee to radiation.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

I've been trying to come up with a response to this for two weeks-- a response that didn't sound like I was chastising or belittling these suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djiiax View Post
    What i d like to see eventually, is those 2 things happening at the same time :

- Hotswappable cyberdeck : open the door to an entire new world of creativity in pvp...
    I'm personally not a big fan of "hot-swapping" for any profession, let alone NTs. All hot-swapping does is allow the ability to use a different weapon's primary special attack that you don't have on your main weapon-- in other words, starting an attack with an Aimed Shot from a sniper rifle, then whipping out your main weapon, an assault rifle (which doesn't have an Aimed Shot special) to pull off a Full Auto/Burst/Fling Shot alpha.

The main reason for the Cyberdeck's long equip/unequip time was to specifically address this and remove the ability for NTs to hot-swap anything, and secondly to force the NT to use nukes rather than weapons.

In the early days of the Shadowlands expansion, before anyone reached Pandemonium, it was said that a pistol-wielding NT chain-nuking Resonance Blast could O.D. a pure nuking NT all the way up to around level 215... But once NTs started exploring Inferno, mob nano-resistances and taunts on RK nukes were so bad that we were forced to don the Cyberdeck and become a nuking class profession.

In other words, Funcom has purposely made it extremely difficult for NTs to to combine nukes and weapon usage, and any suggestion to reduce that difficulty will probably fall on deaf ears.

- A lock on LE tripple, like 1 minute, with a little dmg increase on em...
    We've been fighting for decreased or the elimination of lockouts for years- I can't in good conscience ask for a new one.

Btw what can yall push in matter of alpha dmg ?
    This goes hand in hand with the hot-swapping suggestion- but worded differently. In this case, though, we do have some possibilities.

Like Full Auto or Aimed Shot, Detonation Matrix is designed so that it 1) provides an instant damage result and 2) can't be spammed (see Detonation Matrix Recompiler). Granted, in order for the nuke to have maximum effect you need to cast a very non-alphalike DoT ("Additional damage will be dealt if Cellular Re-Structure, Poisoned Thorns, Frost Blades, Magma Covering, or Self Illumination are running on the target"), but the same "instacast nuke and lock" system (without the DoT) could be used to simulate weapon special attacks:
    Crisalys' Cyberdeck Flick
    Description: Once, while conducting some field research on the relationship between Shadowlands Spirits and novictum, (in other words, she was farming novictum in a spirit room ) Crisalys noticed an accumulation of microscopic residue on her Cyberdeck's emitter probe. Obsessed with cleanliness, she encoded some nanobots to continuously sterilize the probe, starting from the base and working their way to the tip, after which the nanobots would expend the last of their energy by incinerating the residue.

Unfortunately, due to the concussive interactivity between notum and novictum, the resulting explosion seared the hair off her head (leaving her completely bald) and blind in one eye, which required extensive cybergenic reconstruction (to avoid the embarrassment of trying to explain how it happened, she claims she had an allergic reaction to some mascara made by Omni-Tek Consumer Cosmetics (TM), but due to the ongoing litigation she's not allowed to discuss the matter).

Nevertheless, she realized that the detritus accumulated by the nanobots could be flung away prior to being detonated, and with a little practice she was able to use it against opponents it with pinpoint accuracy. Furthermore, since "the flick" isn't a nano-program per se, it won't interfere with the normal nano-program execution.

It does take time for an accumulation of novictum to coalesce on the cyberdeck's probe, so you won't be able to "re-flick" for a few moments.
    Okay, okay... I know the description needs work, but you get the general idea. The simulation of different types/levels of special attack (like the Full Auto/Burst/Fling Shot trifecta), could be done, each with their own anti-spam lock. Added "Possible Alpha Ability: Expansion of Detonation Matrix game mechanics to permit more non-spammable instacast " to list.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    I found this on the MP forum :
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Got a few minutes and tested it out and can confirm that Champion of Nano Combat perks are now set to use whatever damage type you have equipped at the time. Wield Energy AC damage, perks go to Energy damage type, Wield Melee damage type, perks follow suit.
    So i would like to ask for a cyberdeck damage type change, from melee to radiation.
    As this is a recent development with the Champion of Nano Combat perk line, and we are, by description, Nano Combatants, I requested this immediately after I saw the post- I'll add it to the list anyway.
    Last edited by Crisalys; Jun 3rd, 2009 at 16:17:46.
    Christine "Crisalys" Kochanski 220/30/70 Nanomage Nano-Technician

License Plates: 2007 / 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011 / 2012 Plate Debate has ended!

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,
    Crisalys has played 482 days 15 hours 48 minutes 36 seconds

There is DEFINITELY no letter "A" in the word DEFINITELY.
    What annoys you most at work?

Quote Originally Posted by Crisalys View Post
    As this is a recent development with the Champion of Nano Combat perk line, and we are, by description, Nano Combatants, I requested this immediately after I saw the post- I'll add it to the list anyway.
    haven't had the chance to test it yet, but doesn't the dmg type of the Champ Perks get affected by a dmg-type-override nano?
    If that's the case, could we maybe give NTs an "override dmg type" nano (requiring the cyberdeck to be worn) so that we won't exclude e.g. tl5 NTs using NS2&TotP.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Yeah this affects NTs of all level ranges.

Someone is gonna end up screwed unless FC put a lot of work into fixing this for NTs of all level ranges.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    haven't had the chance to test it yet, but doesn't the dmg type of the Champ Perks get affected by a dmg-type-override nano?
    If that's the case, could we maybe give NTs an "override dmg type" nano (requiring the cyberdeck to be worn) so that we won't exclude e.g. tl5 NTs using NS2&TotP.
    As of Patch 15.6.1, Bot Confinement did Fire Damage (like Touch of the Pyre), and Nano Feast does Chemical damage, but on the test server, (offline now, but was at 18.1.0.5), apparently they both now do whatever damage the wielded weapon has (and our Cyberdecks currently do melee damage, if we use it to punch people).

The reason for requesting a change in the Cyberdeck's default damage type from melee to radiation was to have the damage perks in the Champion of Nano Combat line (Bot Confinement and Nano Feast) better reflect the type of damage done by NTs-- it doesn't affect the type of damage actually done by our nukes (I don't there there's anything out there that changes a nuke's damage type).

Does changing the cyberdeck's default damage from melee to radiation really have a significant alienating effect on TL5 PvPers, or for that matter, anyone? (I ask this for information- not to ridicule... It's been a very long time since I've been TL5.)
    Last edited by Crisalys; Jun 6th, 2009 at 15:20:19.

Crisalys was born on Fri, Mar 29, 18:48:45, 2002, and as of November 6, 2011, 04:11 GMT,

I'll reiterate: If an NT were to run up to a Newland Lake Leet and hit "Q", and was lucky enough to land a melee hit (not a nuke), on the live server, the hit would be of melee damage. On the test server, the same circumstance will do radiation damage.

Regardless of the type of damage that non-nuking, cyberdeck-wielding, leet-smacking NTs can do (I was bored once- ran around Newland lake pummeling leets, reets, snakes and blubags for an hour), nuke damage types will not be affected- Touch of the Pyre will still do fire damage, Corruption of the Pest will still do chemical damage, and Candycane will still do all 8 types (fire, cold, energy, radiation, chemical, poison, projectile and melee).

I believe TL7 NTs will see a benefit in that the ConC perks will now have the same damage type as our top-level SL nukes, so we end up getting a minor benefit against an opponent with a layer shield (instead of the shield blocking both melee damage from the perks and radiation damage from Izgimmer's Ultimatum, we'll be punching through it with just radiation damage).

In spite of this, I'd really like to know if the change of the Cyberdeck's default damage type will cause an issue (with regards to TL5 PvP) that I'm just not able to see.

Does changing the cyberdeck's default damage from melee to radiation really have a significant alienating effect on TL5 PvPers, or for that matter, anyone? (I ask this for information- not to ridicule... It's been a very long time since I've been TL5.)
    Well not really, changing it to radiation might enable LE nuke users to rip through coon. it would not affect other NTs
    165+ non-le nuke NTs use TOTP (fire dmg)
    150-159 NTs use cold dmg nukes

for all TL5 NTs this will be a def nerf

advies and enfs usually have quite mixed damage in tl5, advies have fire dmg, enfs have poison/fire while champion perks are melee (and chem if they can land conc).

after perk matching an advie will be able to hit with SA, FA, brawl, COLI, all the same dmg type
    enfs will have matched SA and COLI dmg

currently those 834 layers can hold up a decent portion of an alpha
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    Well not really, changing it to radiation might enable LE nuke users to rip through coon. it would not affect other NTs
    165+ non-le nuke NTs use TOTP (fire dmg)
    150-159 NTs use cold dmg nukes

for all TL5 NTs this will be a def nerf

advies and enfs usually have quite mixed damage in tl5, advies have fire dmg, enfs have poison/fire while champion perks are melee (and chem if they can land conc).

after perk matching an advie will be able to hit with SA, FA, brawl, COLI, all the same dmg type
    enfs will have matched SA and COLI dmg

currently those 834 layers can hold up a decent portion of an alpha
    I've been discussing this with Content designers on the test server... see This thread to post damage-type changes you think would be best.

List updated too.

What about that you can upload a nuke to your cyberdeck, that decides what damage type you do? Example: Upload IU and you get radiation. Upload IEF and you get fire.

That way perks will go with you...

Ok, hope you get the idea, needs some work maybe, but way to tired to make this a long post
    First NT in AO to loot Alien Combat Directive Controller

THIS is the thread that such an idea should be posted in.

Added to the list.

nt heals

i have 220 nt on rk1 so i wish for nt heal perks it just seems a good idea
    nicolenn 220 nanomage nano tech

I doubt we'll see any heal "perks" added per se, but I agree that NTs are at a bit of a loss when it comes to self-healing... Considering how dependent we are on nano casting and out nano pool though, FC might be more receptive to a nanoprogram-based solution.

Maybe something like a nano point-to-hit point transfer... I mean, we already transfer damage to our nano pool (with Nanobot Guard/Shelter), so we could have the ability to regenerate our HP using something similar... Although in order to avoid being overpowered the nano program would need to have a significant nano cost/drain... We're not Doctors, so we can't expect to have the same nanobot-to-HP efficiency.

In any case, NT Self-healing has been added to the wish list.

Maybe something like a nano point-to-hit point transfer
    that is called "healing nano" like docs have
    clever

I'd rather see stronger nano regeneration that supports damage-to-nano solutions

Devil Inside

that is called "healing nano" like docs have
    clever
    Well, the difference would be in the cost- A Doc can heal 10s of thousands of HP without significantly depleting his/her nanopool... The NT-only, self-only "nano transfer" (okay, okay... it's a heal, damnit! ) would have a much greater tax/drain on the NTs pool... as in, it might require 2K or more NP (after nanocost reductions are factored in) to replace 1K HP.
    I'd rather see stronger nano regeneration that supports damage-to-nano solutions
    Thats more of a matter of prioritization.... And in this I think we're in agreement-- I too would prefer to see updated nano-regen nanoprograms before an NT-specific healing nanoline.

NTs and heal.... yeah right. A way of getting rid of those retardedly long focuses would make our life easier. I hate to wait 30mins after bs to go solo sth or duel. Make it some fancy item or a nano with 2 min cast time so we can play like rest of ppl.
    Abuk 220NT RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Abukpl View Post
    NTs and heal.... yeah right. A way of getting rid of those retardedly long focuses would make our life easier. I hate to wait 30mins after bs to go solo sth or duel. Make it some fancy item or a nano with 2 min cast time so we can play like rest of ppl.
    /signed

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Abukpl View Post
    A way of getting rid of those retardedly long focuses would make our life easier. I hate to wait 30mins after bs to go solo sth or duel. Make it some fancy item or a nano with 2 min cast time so we can play like rest of ppl.
    It's in the list already, under the heading "Casting Caps and Lockouts"

No its not on the list. There is an idea to shorten its duration to riddiculus 20sek instead of sth that ppl would actually agree ie. 2-3mins
    Abuk 220NT RK2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast