Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 24th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Fail to see how traders are related to this
    Since you have no problems with your loved and pampered profession I dont wonder you fail to see how playing the same game that should be equally enjoyable for all and yet is completely screwed for some relates to anything.
    You are well fed, I am hungry - and we have the same parent - not related at all

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    /me fails to see how this matters at all
    Another one that fails to see that acknowledging problem and offering at least explanation and assurance it will be dealt with could make a difference.
    Of course if you are not the one with the problem it doesnt surprise me you can fail to see why somebody else is bothered with it.

It is a historical AO fact that some professions need more effort than others to pwn.

Fixers are better off than Keepers, for example, at the moment. Don't believe me? Duel Dodo0. He beats the Trader "love children".
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    It is a historical AO fact that some professions need more effort than others to pwn.

Fixers are better off than Keepers, for example, at the moment. Don't believe me? Duel Dodo0. He beats the Trader "love children".
    Oh yes please give me moar names as proof that fixers are fine. All 3 of them.

Its historical FC fact that they make lovely games with minor number of subscribers because they fail not to piss off half of their players base and make them go look for other, less beautiful and enjoyable but less frustrating games.

Neut's can own towers, right? Isn't that necessarily a sided attribute? Shouldn't that be fixed by being nullified?

I've got neut toons. It's great for sales. But many of the pvp'ing neuts are just closet OT, and certainly they have supported OT more than Clan, historically so.... fix them by making them choose. You want to support OT? Go OT. You want to be neut? No towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Oh yes please give me moar names as proof that fixers are fine. All 3 of them.

Its historical FC fact that they make lovely games with minor number of subscribers because they fail not to piss off half of their players base and make them go look for other, less beautiful and enjoyable but less frustrating games.
    So your complaint is that it should be easier for Fixers to do well? Like it was, say, pre LE?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Since you have no problems with your loved and pampered profession I dont wonder you fail to see how playing the same game that should be equally enjoyable for all and yet is completely screwed for some relates to anything.
    You are well fed, I am hungry - and we have the same parent - not related at all
    *sigh* Ok, please chill out a bit here and return to reality.

1. Means was talking about various stuff from a very broad perspective and you saw the fact that fixers weren't specifically mentioned in his post as some sort of proof that FC aren't thinking of giving fixers any attention. This is just you overreacting, nothing less, nothing more.

2. I commented on this by explaining that Means post wasn't a "patchnote" that explains in detail what FC will do for professions in the future. I said that he used some examples in his post. The very concept of examples is that they are a "small sample" from the whole. No one ever said fixers were not part of that "whole". In fact, most professions in one form or another are part of that whole. Overreacting because FC didn't choose to use your profession as one of his examples is just childish. I mean, honestly. You are 1 post away from crying for icecream in the supermarket.

3. As a response to this you start talking about traders being good and not needing love. I asked what this has to do with the topic at hand seeing as the state of traders have absolutely nothing to do with what means said or your overreaction to what he said. There is absolutely no link to be made between the state of traders and what has been said by Means, you and me in this thread.

4. Fixers are not as bad as you make them out to be. There I said it. Fixers are actually quite good if you put some effort into it (like everyone else does). There are various fixers on RK1 that could teach you a thing or 3 about how to do well in PvP. You could start by talking to Flaviosan and work your way up from there.

5. It's not clever to change the topic once every third post and then tell everyone that they "fail to see the point" over and over when they are still trying to talk to you about a point you tried to make 2 posts ago.. but have now forgotten because you moved on to a different point again. Stand still and give people a chance to talk to you about something before you move on in an emo-rampage.

6. I'm well fed? I have played THE WORST profession in AO for 5+ years. Traders only became good relatively recently and I came back here long after that change happened. I know better than most here how it is to play with a sub-standard profession thank you very much.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 25th, 2009 at 22:12:45.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I think there are 2 non-fixers already rampaging through fixers forum trying to persuade us we are perfectly fine or something.
    Maybe you 2 could join them.

I think there are 2 non-fixers already rampaging through fixers forum trying to persuade us we are perfectly fine or something.
    Maybe you 2 could join them.
    That's actually quite ironic because this is a Friday with Means update and this is not officially the right arena for fixer feedback. At least not your kind of "do something or I leave"-feedback. The fixer forum is in fact where you, as a fixer, should go and talk about your problems.

I have also not said fixers are perfectly fine. I said they are quite good if you put some effort into it. I have not said that fixers don't deserve attention. Again, stop overreacting.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Kay, you're being border line troll, just sit down and wait for your candy.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

That's actually quite ironic because this is a Friday with Means update and this is not officially the right arena for fixer feedback. At least not your kind of "do something or I leave"-feedback. The fixer forum is in fact where you, as a fixer, should go and talk about your problems.
    And what is official arena for fixer feedback? Ah, the fixer forum that none important actually reads? Fixers are making suggestions and posting complaints there until they go blue in the face and NO Dev..... ever..... bothered to comment any of that.
    But then when crats get minor nerf its viable to make arena for feedback all over the place and receive insta-fix, apologies and detailed explanation from GD?

I am sorry for not being good little girl and sitting in my designated corner being quiet until someone notices me.
    And I never said "do something or I leave". I never even hinted that. I am going to leave when I see fit for whatever reason and trust me none will know or notice I am gone. I am not the "goodbyes, waves, tears and hugs" kind.

Kaylinne, can you please stop going full retard? You have 3 people who loose nothing from fixers getting a boost telling you that you are over reacting, I personally gain since I have a fixer.

Personally I would say RK3 impacts more players and needs to be addressed more then the Fixer profession does, but he didn't bring that up, now did he?

Don't destroy your personal creditability by acting like an extremest, Engineers destroyed their ability to request help in areas that they needed it because we were to blinded by our problems to see what we did have.
    Last edited by Technogen; Apr 25th, 2009 at 22:34:47.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Frankly, my dear, I dont give a damn

Then you're not going to be able to win your fight when it becomes time to actually fight it, and I bet you will give a damn at that point.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Funcom employee

Frankly, my dear, I dont give a damn
    There are a lot of issues that are being worked on that I didn't mention in the post you got so bent out of shape about Kay...the only reason I mentioned Blunt enforcer and ranged advie issues was they had already come up (as brutal non-sequitors) )in the thread. Fixers were not mentioned specifically and neither was aimed shot, player damage caps, monster damage caps, stun procs, LE missions, Fixers soloing Sector 10, Pet command issues, pet skill level issues, white damage irrelevancy or side imbalance. Just because I don't mention it every week or in every post I make does not mean it is forgotten or not being looked at.

I like you Kay...you are definitely tenacious and passionate about AO...but you need to relax. You are getting stuck in a loop. Repeatedly spamming your concern everywhere isn't going to get it done any faster. You did a good job of bringing it to our attention...you can stop running around in circles and screaming now.

Serenity now...Serernity now....
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

PS, if you are actually running in circles please youtube it, because THAT would be hilarious.

<@Kintaii> L2P

And I never said "do something or I leave". I never even hinted that.
    Well, I was referring to this:

I see no reason to come here at all, since I saw mentioning neuts, 1hb enfs and advies as something that needs fixing and yet none mentions FIXERS at all.
    FC and their broken unbalanced games. One would think they will learn something in so many years.
    I can afford 15€ a month for a chat program but I am not sure anymore its worth it even for that.
    As for no devs reading fixer forum. Well, they don't really have to if the fixer professionals do their job right. The professionals gather info that they structure nicely and then present to FC. At least that's how it is supposed to work.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Well, I was referring to this:

As for no devs reading fixer forum. Well, they don't really have to if the fixer professionals do their job right. The professionals gather info that they structure nicely and then present to FC. At least that's how it is supposed to work.
    i hate to point this out, and unless you're a fixer or a professional, you prolly wouldnt know, but the fixers have no active professionals at the moment.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    i hate to point this out, and unless you're a fixer or a professional, you prolly wouldnt know, but the fixers have no active professionals at the moment.
    O.o
    FC should look into that >.< (If there are any fixers willing to take the job)
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 25th, 2009 at 23:40:13.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

O.o
    FC should look into that >.< (If there are any fixers willing to take the job)
    we've been saying this for years

(missing about half profs at moment).

we blame aoc.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast