Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 24th, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post

Neutrals, Blunt Enforcers, and Ranged Advies are not issues that are going to be addressed in a quick band-aid like fashion. These issues will just have to wait until an appropriate and discussed resolution can be found.
    OMGZ there's a faint light at the end of the tunnel after all?!

Since, obviously, you don't consider FA an appropirate resolutions for ranged advies, how about giving us something akin docs pistols. With one pvm proc on each and the third firing off in pvp only when the first two overlap
    (The idea's been blatently stolen from an orgmate, thanks Moohs )

And fix our perks please!
    Verta 220/30/70

Quote Originally Posted by Verta View Post
    OMGZ there's a faint light at the end of the tunnel after all?!

Since, obviously, you don't consider FA an appropirate resolutions for ranged advies, how about giving us something akin docs pistols. With one pvm proc on each and the third firing off in pvp only when the first two overlap
    (The idea's been blatently stolen from an orgmate, thanks Moohs )

And fix our perks please!
    Proc PvP is bad, mkay.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Proc PvP is bad, mkay.
    Insofar as not having any control of it, sure. But most other kids got it, and even we have that nuke that fixers cry about.

Anywho, be constructive please, offer suggestions so "appropriate and discussed resolution can be found" while there are still some ranged advies left.
    Last edited by Verta; Apr 25th, 2009 at 03:24:29.
    Verta 220/30/70

Neutrals, Blunt Enforcers, and Ranged Advies are not issues that are going to be addressed in a quick band-aid like fashion. These issues will just have to wait until an appropriate and discussed resolution can be found.
    I hope this doesn't mean you consider fixers fixed. ;p
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kain97 View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean you consider fixers fixed. ;p
    Yes, naturally if it wasn't in his short post he considers it 100% great!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

That's all I ever asked for. I'd just like a little more clarification on 'when' more than 'what.' Understandably, what Hacre said is probably right. LoX stuff first. But, on the other hand I'm not gonna let Means forget
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

We have an ongoing financial commitment to our current provider for some time to come...so our current servers will be sitting and doing nothing shortly...and being paid for.
    Then this is your chance to make use of this hardware and backbone to bring a new feature to AO: the nostalgia server with AO version 14.9! For strictly nostalgic purposes of course, no further development needed.
    ಠ_ಠ

The Clan Messiah statement
    You hit Nirvelle with nanobots for 7110365 points of radiation damage.
    Alternity: I never initiated a serious dialog

"... who are you, then?"
    "I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good" (c) Goethe

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\| ||\____
    |.............Vodka-Vodka..........| ||','''|'''''''\____,
    |_______..... _________________| ||__|'__|_____||<
    '''''(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''**|(@)(@)******| (@)*

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    That's all I ever asked for. I'd just like a little more clarification on 'when' more than 'what.' Understandably, what Hacre said is probably right. LoX stuff first. But, on the other hand I'm not gonna let Means forget
    I'm realistic but I'd like to see with what sauce I'll be eaten, both as neutral and soldier. At least it's good to know that it's a big modification, even going back to old perks and items. Because policy so far is to not look back at broken stuff, attempting to replace a broken element by another at best.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    Then this is your chance to make use of this hardware and backbone to bring a new feature to AO: the nostalgia server with AO version 14.9! For strictly nostalgic purposes of course, no further development needed.
    /Bump
    Verta 220/30/70

Fixers farming sector 10?
    No battlestations except tl7?
    Boring grinding?
    Lack of content between tl5 and tl7?
    Character transfer between servers/server merge/omg ... what ... DNW?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

the only reason why i come to these parts of forums is to see screenys of new engine, GIEF!

I see no reason to come here at all, since I saw mentioning neuts, 1hb enfs and advies as something that needs fixing and yet none mentions FIXERS at all.
    FC and their broken unbalanced games. One would think they will learn something in so many years.
    I can afford 15€ a month for a chat program but I am not sure anymore its worth it even for that.

Dear Means,

first of all, thank you for the dialog every friday! The idea is great. However, you seem to only respond to the RK1 and RK2 issues. Please answer to, at least SOME, of the questions, the german community addressed.

If you need translation, i am glad to help, and i guess Waldgeist might be of help too, his translations are always pretty much to the point!

Hoping for the best..

Nevo
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    I see no reason to come here at all, since I saw mentioning neuts, 1hb enfs and advies as something that needs fixing and yet none mentions FIXERS at all.
    FC and their broken unbalanced games. One would think they will learn something in so many years.
    I can afford 15€ a month for a chat program but I am not sure anymore its worth it even for that.
    I'm concerned about MAs myself, last beast I was on there was 20 soldiers and 1 MA. Said MA was afk and didn't join the raid.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Oh grow up already

So he mentioned 3 things. If you believe Means thinks there are only 3 things that needs attention in AO then I can understand your frustration to some degree but clearly.. just because he mentioned 3 things, that doesn't mean those are the only 3 things he plans to look at.

Those 3 things are >examples<, not actual patchnotes.

Calm down, take a breath
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Proc PvP is bad, mkay.
    Agreed, also giving everyone AS is a bad idea too & definitely what I'd call a "band-aid fix" Really, aside from our crappy perks, lack of new pistols and unreliable FA due to complete lack of FA support I don't think the way ranged adventurers work right now is too bad.

New pistol(s) - I don't see any problems with adding a new FA pistol/slightly upgraded JEPP. We don't need a huge damage increase though.
    FA support & AAO - Don't see any issues with this either, although we would have to wait for a more suitable time for this to be added (would be nice if FA was added to the adventurer stellar nanodeck though, or if the Burst modifier was changed to FA)
    Fixing perks - This will take more effort to resolve than our weapon/FA issues so I can understand needing to wait for this too. I'd like to get more than just "more reliable, higher DD" perks though.
    Oppopji 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Ramillis 220/23/55 Doctor
    Onaelmel 217/13/37 Nano-Technician
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Calm down, take a breath
    Reroll trader and pwn everything too?
    Yeah I can understand how some people can be grown up when they actually have all the fun in game.

Reroll trader and pwn everything too?
    Fail to see how traders are related to this
    Veteran of Equilibrium

/me fails to see how this matters at all, the changes aren't going to be made tomorrow even if they are in the production stage.

The whole "WHAT ABOUT!!!" post are like someone worried because they don't have flood insurance for a house in the desert that they don't own.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast