Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: APing stripped toons in PvP grace period to save a base.

Maybe because I am sick and tired of all the elitist crap flowing around on this forum? NW is part of the game, why should only those that have uber twinks be allowed to enjoy in it?

I do see the frustration here. Good skilled players loose against less geared players. Imo defenders should always have a advantage, and its equal for all btw. Just got to own a tower field to have it.

How about this: When they mech up, you run a way keeping 1 or 2 chars there with evades so they can keep the CT from getting massive HD. Then the rest mech up, and come attack. Sending 1 mech with HP and rest as Scout. Send the slow mech first and let the AVT pwond it, while the scouts rush in and attack an AVT without getting the hits. Or maybe malance the mech/scout ratio. Guess that tactic is already tested and dumped.
    Main Char:
    Tonberryff - 220/30/70 (The one and only Ton)
    Org: Horizon
    Faction: Omni
    I am a PvE -> Person VS EVERYTHING!

Other Freaks:
    Tonberrydmg - Shade - Survivor
    Tonberrry - Doctor - Saver
    Dontonberry - NT - Annoyer
    Tonberrysol - Soldier - Pretty boy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Maybe because I am sick and tired of all the elitist crap flowing around on this forum? NW is part of the game, why should only those that have uber twinks be allowed to enjoy in it?
    "Maybe because I am sick and tired of Fixers being godly? NTs are part of the game too, why should only those with sick evades be allowed to enjoy PvP?"

Applies just as much if not more so. No one is saying you should be an uber billion credit twink to enjoy NW. However people need to recognise that effort should reap reward and I'm sorry, picking some random toon and hitting your vehicle menu should not equal a solid base defense. Since the release of LE, FC has displayed a stunning inability to understand Notum Wars, the nuances, what it needed, what worked and what didn't.

How would you feel if your well equipped Fixer, could be eaten alive by some 210 noob in a med suit sitting in an APT?

Should people at 175 in mediocre gear, realistically expect to be able to take down a 220/30/70 end game toon in full xan alphas and all the best armour? Should a 210 guy expect that? Should a 220/0/0 guy in crap gear expect that? I personally don't think they should, otherwise the effort spent means absolutely nothing.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Most of the people posting here, arent aware that the imbalance of stationary mechs is extreme in tl3/4 pvp.

You cant use tl5 nor tl7 theories nor examples here. A mobile mech is alphaable, but a stationary isnt.

I fully support the idea of defenders having advantage, and grace meching should be allowed. But perhaps to work around it, execution time of stationary mechs should be increased, or mobile ones decreased.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Quote Originally Posted by Humlee View Post
    Most of the people posting here, arent aware that the imbalance of stationary mechs is extreme in tl1/2/3/4 pvp.
    Fixed that for ya champ.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

What if it just took longer to get into an APT/AVT then it did to get into a mech. 10 seconds to mech up is fine make APT/AVT take 15 to 20 seconds. This gives the attackers a chance to respond when they see the defenders starting to APT up. Granted you will still have one person who doesn't get to mech up due to agg from the CT but you can't win them all.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    "Maybe because I am sick and tired of Fixers being godly? NTs are part of the game too, why should only those with sick evades be allowed to enjoy PvP?"
    Since when have fixers been Godly? Geez I must have missed that memo or all those TL7 Fixers out there are FPing Agents/Docs/Soldiers/Advies/Enfos/Keepers.
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

<snip>
    Seriously your frothing around the mouth, mentioning ebaying and comparing apples and oranges doesnt make much sense.
    You know perfectly well what 210 NT or trader can do to well equipped 220 toon, but you dont seem to care much as long as that NT is yours.

Effort? That world is overly abused here in context with "game". How about making some effort to see things from different, not always "me me me" point of view and find solutions that would suit both sides?
    Not that I expect any of that from people like you and Questra though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
    When they mech up, you run a way keeping 1 or 2 chars there with evades so they can keep the CT from getting massive HD.
    Thats the problem at low TL: If they get in APT they wtfpwn you no matter what you do. At level 76 having almost 1200 evades didnt prevent 2 APTs from landing every single hit, killing me more or less instant. FYI they were random toons (not of a pvp twinklevel, hardly any AI kills, no armor shown).

Fair? Dont think so.
    Meet me on RK1!
    Desperado34 Supreme Creator
    Enzaa Eternalist

my wtb thread my wts thread

Quote Originally Posted by FixerSepyuff View Post
    Since when have fixers been Godly? Geez I must have missed that memo or all those TL7 Fixers out there are FPing Agents/Docs/Soldiers/Advies/Enfos/Keepers.
    Pre LE, which is the context of which I took the NT "quote" from. You see, pre LE NTs were pretty lol worthy and Fixers were rather godlike. When NTs were given the ability to wtfpwn Fixers, they opened their wrists all over the forums, despite the fact that Fixers are still pretty damn hard to kill in the face of anything other than Nukes or ASes from multiple people. Yet now we have Fixers like you and Kaylinne, defending a similar balance change, only difference being a 210 NT in a med suit can't come and wtfpwn a well set up 220 Fixer that has 2 braincells to rub together.

Seriously your frothing around the mouth, mentioning ebaying and comparing apples and oranges doesnt make much sense.
    You know perfectly well what 210 NT or trader can do to well equipped 220 toon, but you dont seem to care much as long as that NT is yours.
    Whee more aggression. Read back, I didn't bring up ebaying. Ebaying and epeen are the two things mentioned and thrown at people who make PvP twinks and is apparently a justification for being able to APT/AVT in grace and loldefend any TL1-4 base. As for what a 210 NT or Trader can do to a well equipped 220 toon? Yes I'm fully aware, not much at all.

Effort? That world is overly abused here in context with "game". How about making some effort to see things from different, not always "me me me" point of view and find solutions that would suit both sides?
    Not that I expect any of that from people like you and Questra though.
    Yes, effort. I don't see the negative connotation to the word that you're trying to spin on it. If it was "me me me" I'd want APTs and AVTs removed from the game. I don't. However some rebalancing as to their use and power at TLs 1-4 is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado35 View Post
    Thats the problem at low TL: If they get in APT they wtfpwn you no matter what you do. At level 76 having almost 1200 evades didnt prevent 2 APTs from landing every single hit, killing me more or less instant. FYI they were random toons (not of a pvp twinklevel, hardly any AI kills, no armor shown).

Fair? Dont think so.
    This.
    Last edited by Hacre; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 14:13:58.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Pre LE, which is the context of which I took the NT "quote" from. You see, pre LE NTs were pretty lol worthy and Fixers were rather godlike. When NTs were given the ability to wtfpwn Fixers, they opened their wrists all over the forums, despite the fact that Fixers are still pretty damn hard to kill in the face of anything other than Nukes or ASes from multiple people. Yet now we have Fixers like you and Kaylinne, defending a similar balance change, only difference being a 210 NT in a med suit can't come and wtfpwn a well set up 220 Fixer that has 2 braincells to rub together.
    Um, are you serious?
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

Quote Originally Posted by FixerSepyuff View Post
    Um, are you serious?
    As a heart attack.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Whealer View Post
    What if it just took longer to get into an APT/AVT then it did to get into a mech. 10 seconds to mech up is fine make APT/AVT take 15 to 20 seconds. This gives the attackers a chance to respond when they see the defenders starting to APT up. Granted you will still have one person who doesn't get to mech up due to agg from the CT but you can't win them all.
    Read the post i did 6minutes before ya.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Fully OSB'd twink > APT anyday.

27 JAME trader tanking a 30 APT and killing a CT without dropping below a bubble of health is cause of Overpowered APTs?

Coming to a tower site with more than 1 person and actually meching to take out APTs which can't be replaced for 7minutes (enough time to destroy an entire site or CT alone) is too much work?

Having 2 orgs come to a tower site, both placing OS devices, and insta poxxing a group of rooted turrets is not hard.

Tell yah what, allow my twinks to be instantly fully OSB'd as soon as I enter a tower site to defend against 4 or 5 twinks and you can do whatever you want to APT mechanics. The things are pathetic enough as it is against anyone who actually knows how to manipulate aggdef, has decent evades, and has proper buffs. I freaking tank the things in BS on my 30 agent using TMS, kill someone, and then just head back into the lifts, so if these APTs are really owning you, its because you aren't a properly OSBd twink taking on anti-personal tools.

Quit taking toons in full agg running straight at APTs and thinking you should just dance around them without any effort because you spent 10 hours building a toon with 1bil worth of gear on em.

Quote Originally Posted by gatester View Post

27 JAME trader tanking a 30 APT and killing a CT without dropping below a bubble of health is cause of Overpowered APTs?
    So your proposed solution to an APT, is hope it shows up before your behe, omni med rrfe and HnQ runs out?

Not that I believe your ridiculous statement in its entirety.

Oh and you can't chain OS anymore. Sorry.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Solox used to smoke nt's solo.

If just every fixer could be as truly awesome.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

oh god, I cant even understand how some can defend the fact "that 1 toon leveled to XX but with 0 IP allocated to skill, 0 equiment,0 imps and a burger equiped in one hand killing ANY toon more or less equiped with as much skill than pressing ctrl v and pressing a button" is stupid.

It's not a question of epeen, it's not a question of twinks or not twinks. It's a question of dumbing down the game... everyone is equal in mech, and no skill is needed at all, and the only anwser to one side APTing is meching too ...

(btw, lol at offering to plant a beacon every 3 min as good strat ... try to gain 1k VP at TL3, or even more fun at TL2 or 4, and come back)

what if while killing a boss as a well formed team, you d see 2 guimps in med suit coming, APTing, and ODing you on that boss ?

Would you argue that everyone and not only twink should have fun in the game ?

@Gatester : try that at TL3/4... OBs dont have the same effect at different TLs, and APT AR is not very linear it seems...
    Last edited by Gridpain; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 14:43:56.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by gatester View Post

Coming to a tower site with more than 1 person and actually meching to take out APTs which can't be replaced for 7minutes (enough time to destroy an entire site or CT alone) is too much work?

Having 2 orgs come to a tower site, both placing OS devices, and insta poxxing a group of rooted turrets is not hard.

Tell yah what, allow my twinks to be instantly fully OSB'd as soon as I enter a tower site to defend against 4 or 5 twinks and you can do whatever you want to APT mechanics. The things are pathetic enough as it is against anyone who actually knows how to manipulate aggdef, has decent evades, and has proper buffs. I freaking tank the things in BS on my 30 agent using TMS, kill someone, and then just head back into the lifts, so if these APTs are really owning you, its because you aren't a properly OSBd twink taking on anti-personal tools.

Quit taking toons in full agg running straight at APTs and thinking you should just dance around them without any effort because you spent 10 hours building a toon with 1bil worth of gear on em.
    Your mother must be proud of you.
    Meet me on RK1!
    Desperado34 Supreme Creator
    Enzaa Eternalist

my wtb thread my wts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    It's not a question of epeen, it's not a question of twinks or not twinks. It's a question of dumbing down the game... everyone is equal in mech, and no skill is needed at all, and the only anwser to one side APTing is meching too ...
    What are rocket launchers used for again ? :\
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

Quote Originally Posted by Tamalou View Post
    For you omnis this situation isnt safe, but as clan we are used to it.
    This made me lol. Epic win.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast