Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: APing stripped toons in PvP grace period to save a base.

Um, Mech up?
    Looking Uber > Being Uber

Quote Originally Posted by K1nkstaah View Post
    Mech up while they are. Fair is fair.
    Takes 2-4 seconds to see someone AVT'ing.. giving them all the advantage?

Takes the same time for you to Mech. By the time you're almost there, they're either attacking you, so you can't finish Meching, or you finish and get a full alpha in your face.

Fair is fair lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    Takes 2-4 seconds to see someone AVT'ing.. giving them all the advantage?

Takes the same time for you to Mech. By the time you're almost there, they're either attacking you, so you can't finish Meching, or you finish and get a full alpha in your face.

Fair is fair lol.
    Or run off and come back in mechs when you see them APT'ing?
    Or attack them with superior numbers, with AVT's at the ready?
    Or leave one or two people on the CT while the rest mech up?
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by K1nkstaah View Post
    Or run off and come back in mechs when you see them APT'ing?
    Or attack them with superior numbers, with AVT's at the ready?
    Or leave one or two people on the CT while the rest mech up?
    None of which change the fact that AVT/APT is a way too easy option for defenders.

Attackers WILL always die in greater numbers than defenders.
    Defenders WILL always be able to re-AVT/APT quicker than Attackers.
    Defenders get grace periods and cannot be stopped from AVT/APT'ing

so again, fair is fair?

None of which change the fact that AVT/APT is a way too easy option for defenders.

Attackers WILL always die in greater numbers than defenders.
    Defenders WILL always be able to re-AVT/APT quicker than Attackers.
    Defenders get grace periods and cannot be stopped from AVT/APT'ing

so again, fair is fair?
    Isn't that how it's supposed to be? The defenders get the advantage when defending. If you are afraid to attack, dont' attack.

Just a couple of thoughts on the subject;

An org cannot take a field with Mechs alone* .. How come they can defend one with APT/AVT alone?

Their should be some kind of effort involved in attacking/defending bases? Twinking a character = Effort, AVT/APV = Effortless!

(* mechs prolly can take a field, but it would take hours)

AVT vs Assault Mech
    Turret range appears to be greater than Mech range. AVT alpha kills them.
    If Mechs get into range full alpha = 40-50% AVT HP. Meaning 2 or 3 mechs die to each AVT.

AVT vs Scout Mech
    Turret range appears to be about the same as Mech. But, AVT alpha kills them with often only 1 or 2 Scout specials going off (Scout has to move into range, while AVT is stationary and user is spamming 123123123123).
    If Mechs get into range full alpha = 25-35% AVT HP. Meaning 3 or 4 mechs die to each AVT.

And, Idk if AP's have had their AR increased, but they're a hell of a lot more effective against evade/coon toons at TL3/4.

p.s. AVT/Mech alpha = FA + Burst + Fling + 1 std
    p.p.s This is just what I've been seeing at TL3/TL4.
    p.p.p.s. Grace turreting is Stupid!
    One AVT taking out two mechs seems pretty much fair to me. Perhaps grace meching shouldn't be allowed, or maybe the mech range should be slightly increased, but defenders should have a bit of an advantage imho.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Quote Originally Posted by FixerSepyuff View Post
    Isn't that how it's supposed to be? The defenders get the advantage when defending.
    How many advantages should a defending guild get? quick turnaround, grace turreting, alpha capable weapons, no twinking required..

3 people duel logging 2 gimps each can fend off 8+ attackers indefinitely. Too high an advantage, in my opinion.

If you are afraid to attack, dont' attack.
    lol, should have an age limit on forums, 12+ ;p

Their should be some kind of effort involved in attacking/defending bases? Twinking a character = Effort, AVT/APV = Effortless!
    So only Twinks can defend their towers now?

The question I'm asking myself from this post is:

Do you REALLy think in any intended implementation of Notum Wars that FC envisaged a single team of toons being able to destroy and capture a tower site?

In the years since NW was launched the relative power of toons has increased by several factors, while towers haven't changed at all. This 'mech bug' would seem to be a way to force attackers to have a significant force to take a site even if they hit it during an odd timezone when noone is supposedly logged in.

In my mind, the advantage should always lie with the defenders. The attackers should have to be significantly more powerful to take a site, not log a few heavy twinks and take it down in 10 mins. It makes owning towers worth a bit of epeen, and helps keep the shifting of sites a little more static. If you went to the trouble of getting it, you should get an advantage keeping it.

Just a couple of thoughts on the subject;

An org cannot take a field with Mechs alone* .. How come they can defend one with APT/AVT alone?

(* mechs prolly can take a field, but it would take hours)
    Its a twink field, there is no effort at this level. Honestly, they have an advantage cause they are defending, let it go. If you're such an uber skillz play0r, you will find a way around it.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

The way I see it, it's not the grace period that is the problem. The problem is when 10 people attack a field and 5 people in omni med defend. The 10 people have no problem killing the defenders in their turrets but these 5 people can just run back and do it again and again and again.

It's not really a question whether or not its possible to take down a base when people "defend" it like this. The question is, is the game better without this or with this kind of gameplay?

I say the game is better without it. At least a toned down version of it. Let people do it once but if they get killed then give them a big nice cooldown for their mechs. If it didn't work to defend the base the first time then mindless zombie repetition just to annoy the attackers shouldn't be the natural fall back strategy.

Also lets not forget that defenders can get into their turrets uninterrupted. The attackers have towers attacking them so they need to get wrid of all aggro before they can mech up. Attackers also need to be far enough away from the defenders to be completely out of sight because if the defenders in their mechs can see you meching up then they can just keep you under attack so you can't mech up.

This kind of meching is just irritating and is designed for one purpose. To buy time and hope the wargas ends before the attackers can take it down. When it comes to strategies for buying time, this kind of meching is quite possibly the lamest strategy possible because it all is based on basically just exploiting the wargas mechanic. No better way to ruin a good PvP atmosphere than that. Just pure game mechanic wanking.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 05:05:37.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    The way I see it, it's not the grace period that is the problem. The problem is when 10 people attack a field and 5 people in omni med defend. The 10 people have no problem killing the defenders in their turrets but these 5 people can just run back and do it again and again and again.
    Nothing wrong with that. Just like how the attackers can run to another base, attack, defenders shows up, attackers meep and hit another base.

Nothing wrong with that. Just like how the attackers can run to another base, attack, defenders shows up, attackers meep and hit another base.
    While I agree that both tactics are lame and boring as hell, the meeping thing is at least based on profession tools and not unrefined game mechanics.

I don't like this kind of meching but I don't actually care enough about the topic to say much more
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    I think this is pretty self explanatory. If 3 or 4 toons with no PvP effectiveness at all can zone it at the CT and make AVs and APs and stop a full team of twinks in combined from killing a CT, I think it's time to make APing break grace, just like planting beacons.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about this. Fair is fair.
    If you can't beat em' join em' What stops you from not brining stripped toons and meching them? Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Adina777 View Post
    If you can't beat em' join em' What stops you from not brining stripped toons and meching them? Heh.
    Epeen shrinkage. o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Don't blockers absorb turret special attacks, even when your meched? Well, maybe not but ... I do know rocket launchers hurt turrets really badly. Don't you guys have a rocket launcher twink if you are so proficient at towers?

Personally, I like how the turrets have added some level of complexity to towers. It's no longer a simple matter of numbers, persistance or ability. That random element is good.

Funny that nobody replied on your post, isn't it?
    Gimp army from outer space:
    Falkvinge.::.Synneve.::.Gothangel.::.Devilbunny.::.Ulcerosa.::.Alywen

6 mechs cant take down avts? seriously....you are doing it wrong then...try using a caller, should help a lot. And the turrets are ok, everyone should have a chance to do pvp even if they dont lose nights twinking their chars. move on.
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

Oh noes I spended all my birthday money and maxxed my grandmas credit card making my uber pvp toon but I still gets killded! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Co-ordination and tactics. The only 2 words you will ever need to win Notum Wars whoever has the superior of these two factors will always win. Granted the zone in APT/AVT up tactic is easier but as you have demonstrated it is the superior one. Try a little misdeirection and distraction techniques if you are having issues planting beacons, or do what has already been suggested, plant your beacon before the battle starts.

Also.. I love the misconception that to be able to pvp at all you need to be supar ubar. At most TLs all you need is a decent ammount of NCU. At TL4 towers I used to run out with my Gimpy NT just to p**s people off. Keeping the enemy forces rooted until our propper twinks arrived was always fun (I love hate-tells). Also my Advy at TL5 was never particularly well equiped but performed pretty well in the battlestation when it first arrived could even stand toe to toe with some of the uber twinks.

3 people duel logging 2 gimps each can fend off 8+ retarded attackers indefinitely.
    fixed
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast