Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: APing stripped toons in PvP grace period to save a base.

APing stripped toons in PvP grace period to save a base.

I think this is pretty self explanatory. If 3 or 4 toons with no PvP effectiveness at all can zone it at the CT and make AVs and APs and stop a full team of twinks in combined from killing a CT, I think it's time to make APing break grace, just like planting beacons.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about this. Fair is fair.

I agree.
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

those things where put into the game so people doesnt have to be forced to spend billions on gear, or wreak a char totaly to make it into a pvp one, whats the problem, those things cant move while you are free to run around and do what you do best ?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkishpunk View Post
    those things where put into the game so people doesnt have to be forced to spend billions on gear, or wreak a char totaly to make it into a pvp one, whats the problem, those things cant move while you are free to run around and do what you do best ?
    You cant run when you attack (kill) CT.
    People who didn't spend enough effort into characters don't deserve having towers.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    You cant run when you attack (kill) CT.
    People who didn't spend enough effort into characters don't deserve having towers.
    I couldn't agree with this more.

The problem isn't that it gives people with weak toons a chance to defend. It gives them a completely easy time defending. One AV can alpha 1 Assault Mech before the mech gets into range, and kill 2 more without much trouble.

1 stripped toon killing 3 twinks with Tab Q 1 2 3 is a bit ridiculous.

The other problem is, you can be fighting a CT with a whole team and get it 50%, and then have 3 gimps zone out from the CT and mech up in 10 seconds, forcing you to run away to 75% and loose agg on the CT (thereby letting it heal 100%) so you can mech up from 75% to break the APs agg on you.
    Last edited by Questra; Apr 22nd, 2009 at 18:46:07.

If 6 "twinks" can't beat 4 defenders who set up 2 anti personell turrets, and 2 anti vehicle batteries, then those twinks must really be a bunch of clueless noobs (or as we call them on RK2 - "RK1'ers" ).

Here's 2 ways you could've beaten them:
    A: 3 of your guys mech up, kill the 2 AVB's+2 APT's, then de-mech and all of you kill the Control Tower.
    B: Plant a laser at the Control Tower and bomb the **** out of those APT's/AVB's.

Srsly l2p kk?
    Shumarte 220/30 enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualinas View Post
    If 6 "twinks" can't beat 4 defenders who set up 2 anti personell turrets, and 2 anti vehicle batteries, then those twinks must really be a bunch of clueless noobs (or as we call them on RK2 - "RK1'ers" ).

Here's 2 ways you could've beaten them:
    A: 3 of your guys mech up, kill the 2 AVB's+2 APT's, then de-mech and all of you kill the Control Tower.
    B: Plant a laser at the Control Tower and bomb the **** out of those APT's/AVB's.

Srsly l2p kk?
    You have no idea what you're talking about. It was 3 AVs and 1AP.

We tried multiple times, and when 6 Assault Mechs rush even just 3 AVs, the AVs wipe them. You can take out 1 AV with those odds, 2 if you're really lucky.

And I'd like to see you plant a Laser Beacon while taking two AP alphas. You should already know that you can't place a Beacon if you aren't in level range of the site.

Get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post

We tried multiple times, and when 6 Assault Mechs rush even just 3 AVs, the AVs wipe them. You can take out 1 AV with those odds, 2 if you're really lucky.

And I'd like to see you plant a Laser Beacon while taking two AP alphas. You should already know that you can't place a Beacon if you aren't in level range of the site.

Get a clue.
    Where did the second APT come from? Also, try different kinds of mechs as i believe they have different ranges.
    Proud Member of Paradise

This is an old, old problem - before it effected lower level NW rather than higher [as Turrets were simply missing players] but I think APTs got an AR buff along the line.

Unless the defenders had an unlimited number of people ready pop out and turret up then they are easily beatable with mechs. I think the problem some people have is the hit their epeen would take if they were seen in a mech.

Having said that, meching/turreting should break grace in a perfect world.

Don't blockers absorb turret special attacks, even when your meched? Well, maybe not but ... I do know rocket launchers hurt turrets really badly. Don't you guys have a rocket launcher twink if you are so proficient at towers?

Personally, I like how the turrets have added some level of complexity to towers. It's no longer a simple matter of numbers, persistance or ability. That random element is good.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Get a clue.
    AMS? cocoon? I mean, if it's 6 twinks and only one APT, one of you six should have a pretty good chance of getting a lazer off.

Is the range on mechs not equal to those on AVTs? If not, how much of an actual difference in range is there? Can an AVT get off loads of specials before mechs get in range or more than that?

mechs and turrets were designed to give non pvp twinks a chance to be helpful at towers. I think that's fine and well--the most I would ever support is making the range the same on mechs and turrets (if it isn't already).

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Get a clue.
    then maybe you need more people ever though of that ? that maybe you cant allway just go to tear up soem towers, even though you have ebayed all those credits and brought all that fancy ai armor, that maybe one has to think a bit first , those mech was added for a reason, and if you need more people to take down a site, get it instead come here crying that anti personal guns kills you and your friends.

Flame post! ibtl!

Fair is fair.
    I'm pretty sure it's fair for you to get in a mech
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

You should already know that you can't place a Beacon if you aren't in level range of the site.
    When did they add this?

defending in AVT's and APT's isn't the easiest thing.

And the fact that 6 mechs couldn't take out 3 AVT's is pretty funny, 2 of the AVT's should have been alphad leaving 1 for 5 mechs to finish off.

I see this situation as a few untwinked characters actually bothered to show up to defend, and you lost. Boo Hoo
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Duh... plant marker before they show up, and once turrets are up, airstrike 'em People always bunch their turrets up around CT (and if they don't, they're bound to be scattered and you can pick em off one by one).
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

I think this is pretty self explanatory. If 3 or 4 toons with no PvP effectiveness at all can zone it at the CT and make AVs and APs and stop a full team of twinks in combined from killing a CT, I think it's time to make APing break grace, just like planting beacons.

Mech up while they are. Fair is fair.
    I'm casting "Physical Dominance" on you as a kind of kinky thing
    ... also quite proud of being suspended from Lemmingnet.. for... not slacking?
    GOOD ONE.

Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Is the range on mechs not equal to those on AVTs? If not, how much of an actual difference in range is there? Can an AVT get off loads of specials before mechs get in range or more than that?
    AVT vs Assault Mech
    Turret range appears to be greater than Mech range. AVT alpha kills them.
    If Mechs get into range full alpha = 40-50% AVT HP. Meaning 2 or 3 mechs die to each AVT.

AVT vs Scout Mech
    Turret range appears to be about the same as Mech. But, AVT alpha kills them with often only 1 or 2 Scout specials going off (Scout has to move into range, while AVT is stationary and user is spamming 123123123123).
    If Mechs get into range full alpha = 25-35% AVT HP. Meaning 3 or 4 mechs die to each AVT.

And, Idk if AP's have had their AR increased, but they're a hell of a lot more effective against evade/coon toons at TL3/4.

p.s. AVT/Mech alpha = FA + Burst + Fling + 1 std
    p.p.s This is just what I've been seeing at TL3/TL4.
    p.p.p.s. Grace turreting is Stupid!

To me, this illustrates not that turreting should break grace, but that turrets should be removed from the game (or, more practically, nerfed so bad they become decorative. PvMers can still use 'em, and if they're bad enough to want to be in a turret they're probably not good enough to notice they're not doing anything useful).

EDIT: How about if turrets couldn't be placed near other turrets?
    Last edited by -Stage-; Apr 23rd, 2009 at 02:23:25.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast