Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - April 17th, 2009

Win
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

map navig resetable? when? we know we are annoying...
    (online mostly at 17:00-20:00 GMT)

Minishot city farmer
    Fixking blitzer
    Eeneke + Eespy bank chars
    Ovvnz doc
    Cobby pvp engi soon
    Fiskarz tl3 pvp toon
    Maulix tl4 pvp toon
    Prazem tl5 pvp toon

>Frozen atm<

Still think a general Pande instancing is a bad idea, Id prefer a clan,neut,omni instance of pande so we could all do pande raids every week.
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent

Any chance on getting some info/ETA about professions balance, even without polished marketing comb?

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This should be the final update in the 18.0 series (assuming nothing goes to hell). Now we can hope to concentrate on getting 18.1 with instanced Pandemonium, instanced cities, a new space club and apartments out in the near future.
    I guess that means blunt perklines love is planned for patch 19..... er... 22.5 ?
    Ash leet durbatulûk, ash leet gimbatul, ash leet thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

NCU Wipe

The spawn of the Deranged Xan should no longer trigger an NCU wipe. NCU wipes inside any instance should also no longer remove "reward buffs" of any kind..like Hollow island or DB instance buffs.
    Will this also include the NCU wipe you receive when getting back up from the bottom of "Inside the Machine"? Or is this intended?
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

currently every boss in the game should still be able to be victimized by this ridiculous nano.
    No marketing combs ftw. I really prefer game officials speaking their mind after the propaganda campaigns and censorship in a more recent Funcom MMO.

And yeah, bump for info on profession balance & new onehander would be great
    Meet me on RK1!
    Desperado34 Supreme Creator
    Enzaa Eternalist

my wtb thread my wts thread

Quote Originally Posted by SoldiTwo View Post
    No screens/vids again? bummer

I can clearly see it now. I'm already playing D3 or Star Trek Online and there will still be no new gfx engine for ao available.

Work on the engine begun at least the last quarter 2007, now soon nearing 2 years - that is way too long imho.

PS:
    I will make a trox or a solitus race once STO is playable(beta, whatever).
    Two years is too long for a new engine? Says who? How long would you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    Will this also include the NCU wipe you receive when getting back up from the bottom of "Inside the Machine"? Or is this intended?
    I believe when that was added, it was definitely intended. Death without dying, or something.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Remember to vote, or ask questions on Google moderator questions for the next few sessions.

http://moderator.appspot.com/#15/e=16202&t=34126
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    I believe when that was added, it was definitely intended. Death without dying, or something.
    Yeah, that was how I understood the changes but seeing as the wording was "any instance" it seemed an appropriate question to ask since that would mean (if my assumptions on the NCU wipes from DB2 were correct) changing the intentions of the pad running a little bit at least
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

A busy week while we get another update ready for the TestLive dimension with some fixes, and changes that I hope will put some smiles on collective faces.

Bosses inside "Elder Hall" should now be Boss-Calmable again.

...This was not the "right" fix...merely the fastest with the intention that we would get a better fix in the near future.

I do not feel that the ability to calm ANY boss is a central part of the Crat toolset. The nanoline is not called "Boss Calms"...that is what someone else called it. I respect the idea of a "panic" button...but that is not how it is being used. The ability to drag parts of an encounter off in a corner to invalidate their presence was never the intention of this nano...I am pretty certain those who used it this way know that too.

Colin "Means" Cragg
    So why change it? Crat stun/debuffs by themselves are already op (in pvm) and make endgame encounters pathetically easy.
    Last edited by lugoman; Apr 17th, 2009 at 18:49:17.

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    So why change it? Crat stun/debuffs by themselves are already op (in pvm) and make endgame encounters pathetically easy.
    Nerf heals as well in that case?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Two years is too long for a new engine? Says who? How long would you take?
    It's common knowledge - well at least , if you are familiar with the general developement process of a game. Normally a standard game takes 2 - 3 years to develope, but logically this timespan increases as games get bigger every year.

For a good overview:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_development

Imho strictly speaking, as they are using ogre it should not take so long as it actually does now.
    In no way was a developer always working fulltime on the new engine since the trailer was released.

It's common knowledge - well at least , if you are familiar with the general developement process of a game. Normally a standard game takes 2 - 3 years to develope, but logically this timespan increases as games get bigger every year.

For a good overview:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_development

Imho strictly speaking, as they are using ogre it should not take so long as it actually does now.
    In no way was a developer always working fulltime on the new engine since the trailer was released.
    FC aren't developing a game though ... this game is already established. It's quite reasonable to see why there is so much added time to get this engine out. When developing a game, it's new. In this instance, they need to develop the game and adapt the current content to that development. That's a much bigger scope. It's common knowledge.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    FC aren't developing a game though ... this game is already established. It's quite reasonable to see why there is so much added time to get this engine out. When developing a game, it's new. In this instance, they need to develop the game and adapt the current content to that development. That's a much bigger scope. It's common knowledge.
    Then, why do you think a port of a game to a new platform takes less time than to develope the game in the first place?

About this last Test server patch (18.0.4.0_EP1):
    • Will the bosses always leave their corpses now ?
    • Will all the team/raid members get into the same instance ?
    • Will the morphing debuffs override any & all of the other morphs ingame ? (f.ex.: doesn't override veteran leet, so you don't see you're debuffed)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    Remember to vote, or ask questions on Google moderator questions for the next few sessions.

http://moderator.appspot.com/#15/e=16202&t=34126
    I might have missed Means/any other FC employee say anything about it, but... anyone ever said Means is even looking at that thing ?
    I mean as far as I recall Means is answering the questions collected directly from these forums (FwM threads/patch/whatever) and not from some outside of FCs control polling site that makes you register... (and yes I do have a google account already)

p.s. WTB a 20-30 minutes lockout on team evac. meep wars are lame.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

I heard of the "calming" exploit just before the final build sent to live last week...
    Discussing exploits on open forums...
    Astarra "Esthaer" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Nanomage Engineer 220/30/70
    Maryam "Mirienne" Hakhamaneshi, Atlantean Clan Female Pistol Solitus Engineer 220/15/60
    Member of Infinity

Mavritanic:"start this topic is your selfowning"

Then, why do you think a port of a game to a new platform takes less time than to develope the game in the first place?
    OMG YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!! They must have canceled the engine! Quick everyone complain about it not being out, that will make it come faster!
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    p.s. WTB a 20-30 minutes lockout on team evac. meep wars are lame.
    Yes. Nerf the Fixer toolset so you can zerg slaughter people with little difficulty instead of people using a tactic that ruins -your- fun.

After that happens, be sure to complain that no PvP ever occurs too.
    Last edited by Hacre; Apr 17th, 2009 at 19:21:44.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

its Common Knowldege that FC isnt porting AO to a new platform.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast