Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: make treatment labs stack

Devs please comment

I really want to know why labs don't stack. As a professonal technologist with considerable development experience I would find it educational to hear the justification for letting this bug slip through dozens of patches.

Let me put it this way. On the development projects for which I've worked, a major purpose of "next release" was to fix all known bugs considered worthwhile. In that context, the only justification for letting this thing slide so long is that the bug is not considered worthwhile to fix. This argues either a) the developers have no idea what players care about, or b) the cost to fix the bug is enormous. Either way, I think we deserve an answer after all this time.
    Last edited by Strycker; Oct 11th, 2002 at 17:22:53.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1
    Mundus vult decipi, decipiatur

Well give us at least an answer. Is it a bug, or is it by design? So if it's by design, why don't you tell us why you designed it that way, while nearly every high-level-char would like to have this issue changed.

bump for stackability of rechargers and treatments.

Too hard

I understand that some game problems are hard to fix. If you have a bad design or a bad implementation of the design, all the hindsight in the world won't solve your problems.

This is not one of those problems.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1

For the love of God, please stack them!

BUMP
    BUMP BUMP

Christ on a bike, do it already FC!

Omg yes. Since we have to blitz for any decent nano chargers, having gazzilions of stacks of 50 is pathetic.

In fact, many times I just buy a few thousand ql 125s because it's less of a hassel. (Which I've been using since before level 100. Level 195 now.)

Make them stackable!

bought 5000 nano rechargers and 5000 treatment kits last week. nano recharges gone empty today, have had to buy them again.

bump.
    Sihirbaz original level 200 NT of Die Neue Welt
    Proud member of Black Thorns

up is ^^^that^^^ way

Tairox
    You go to top now

Sigh

Another week with no reply from Funcom. Guess they're too busy making buffs self-only to respond.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember a while ago (in the low to mid 13.xx patches) that they did stack, for a pach or 2, then it got broken again. However it could just be my memory going

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Hm

I don't remember that myself. It wasn't in the patch notes that I can recall, anyway, though it's conceivable that back when they were still patching regularly that it was briefly working for some period in which I didn't bother trying to stack. Still, I doubt it.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1

Originally posted by Sihirbaz on October 14th, 2002
    bought 5000 nano rechargers and 5000 treatment kits last week. nano recharges gone empty today, have had to buy them again.
    Used 2500 nano rechargers so far. Have to buy new treatment kits today. But I wasn't leveling that much in the last 2 weeks.

Sihirbaz.
    Sihirbaz original level 200 NT of Die Neue Welt
    Proud member of Black Thorns

Hell yes.
    It's obviously an overthought.

Also, I'd like to see Doctors (or anyone with enough Pharmacy) be able to combine 1 stack of QL 30 and one stack of QL 50 and get 1 stack of QL 40 treatment kits.

That would close some of the gaping holes there are here and there.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Bump-diddely-bump!

The thread is slipping!

Good idea, Cado! They could make the pharmatech requirement for combining kits dependent on both how high the QL is and how far the kits are apart. That would give non-docs an incentive to have a little pharmatech, for instance enabling your average lvl 40 player to combine a QL38 kit found in mission with a QL40 kit bought from a doc to get a single stack of 100 QL39 kits. The need for QL40 kits would give docs some much needed additional payoff on the pharmatech skill.

Noted. I actually think we consider it a bug, not a lacking feature. I'll try put some pressure on it.

Thanks for the Feedbask CZ.

Now what about the 10 item limit on apartments, that's a bug too, right ?

Yeah, thanks...

Thanks for the reply -- but what would be kind of interesting, Cz, is if you asked the devs:

* how much work is necessary to make them stack

* why has it been a year or more since this was first complained about with no action

I don't mean to flame or be offensive here (at least not more than usual ) but I really think it might be instructive for the development director to get the answers to these questions. In most development organizations that I've been associated with, people don't just forget about long-time bugs, especially bugs that seem trivial to fix. Perhaps your development and Q/A process could be improved if you analyze how things like this issue have fallen through the cracks.
    Strycker, OT NT
    Member of AOR RK-1

The Lord (and FunCom) works in wonderous and mysterious ways.

twists arms if you have to; and report back what you find out.

Hey what a great idea, how come nobody has suggested this before? What's that 8 bazillion people have? Why is it not fixed then? <shrug>
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast