Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHY i have to run 4-5 superior shop to find ql 150+ cluster !!!!

As far as I see theres nothing to fix. Some people just want things handed to them on a plate.

SO true!

And if you didnt have to spend 40min doin that, what would you have been doing instead?

Why do people always talk so much about time... I sometimes use 40 min just walking around talking to other people, its called roleplaying and its actually quite rewarding.

This isnt a singleplayer game where you are supposed to complete in "40" min or more... this is a virtual world..

*sigh* just as i said in my first post, we had this kinda thread once before. Live with it, or dont! Your choice.

Thumbs down

Ok it seems some people don't understand this post.

The problem is not really that i spent time in doing my implant, the problem is shop don't have the ql they must have.
    In basic shop you can find cluster 1-50, in advanced 40-80, and most of the time in superior you find 80-110 !

So where can i find cluster 150+ ? In the 6th superior shop i will find

I spend many time doing mission in bs, flying around RK to see new mob, sitting somewhere chatting with friends, all of this don't bother me.
    But spending time cause funcom lower the ql of the cluster in superior shop make me angry.
    Some month ago you were able to find ql 150+ cluster in every superior shop, or maybe in the second you make. Now you have to run in many shop.

They change something and it sux....

Lachaude doc 151 rk2
    and many more

Sorry but I still disagree, QL 80-110 imps are common in superior shops sure, but so are the QL150+.

Just because you can't find a particular QL cluster for a while, doenst mean anything needs fixing, it's the way things are and I hope will always be.

edited: typing sucks
    Last edited by DaSampla; Oct 1st, 2002 at 12:58:46.

Uhm question.
    So, for you to find your ql 150+ clusters, other people, needing lower clusters.. I think the range 80-110 was mentione, is supposed to be the one's that have to run around for much longer, because all the shops are full of your 150+ clusters?

Re: If you're Omni...

Originally posted by Vanity
    My Omni route is

2 Sup shops in Trade, 1 in Entertainment, 1 in 20k, 1 in NL and 1 in Bor. Rinse and Repeat until you get them. It never takes long to grab all the clusters you need.

There may even be a Sup shop in Rome, but I've never looked. Rome scares me. Its like a Ghost town. Even on RK1.
    actually 2 in ent not one

~aqua

because people who only have an hour a day to play,
    dont want to spend that hour running from shop to shop
    clicking on identical machine after identical machine
    scrolling thru clusters till your wrist hurts and your eyes bleed.

people with a limited amout of playtime want to spend that time
    leveling (takes endless hours by itself), socializing, PvPing,
    whatever. Doing something that is fun vs something that is tedious.

For roleplay reasons, I can accept some stores being
    'out of stock' of certain items from time to time . .
    but that should be the exception and not the norm.
    If you have the money, you should be able to buy.
    A full set of implants. A full suit of armor of similar QL. etc

There is no excuse for the current system
    except to waste players time.

the #1 reason people are leaving AO is boredom and frustration;
    hence we suggest relieving some of the boring and frustrating
    and most of all unneccesary artificial timesinks.

One question for MeDaZZa and Envane:
    Let's say you would need to build your sets more often. Every 3-4 levels. Would you still think the same? Repetitiveness of BS missions seems to bug you quite a bit...

Or (ok, two questions ):
    Were there some sort of catalogue buying available (prices +10% or so) would you be still running around for two hours?
    postcount++

Why would I want to build them more often? I dont need to, no-one does. Sure I would think it would be a bit repetitive if I HAD to build them every 3 - 4 levels (plus I'd have no money) but no-one does need to anyway so it's no biggie for me still.

A catalogue system is a very good idea, but me being the tight-fisted 'Crat would first run around all the shops once over and see how many I can get on the first run 10% would add up to a lot with a full set of implants, but if it was just for one or 2 implants then sure I'd use the catalogue system and not do any running around, I'm not obsessed with running around everywhere you know

Remember when shop terminals only carried a small selection of clusters? There were never two of any cluster (unlike now), they all looked alike (unlike now), and you never knew if the quality or the cluster would be there (well that's the same)? Way back when, you could literally go a week looking for a cluster in a quality range and never see it. Hell, too often the shop didn't even carry the cluster you needed regardless of quality.

So two hours ain't much...

However, if you (Labrutte) are not finding any....and I mean ANY clusters 150+ in any given clan superior shop, that sounds like a problem.
    Goode 200 Nanotechnician
    Ionsphere 166 Martial Artist
    DrHandy 154 Doctor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12